Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

comparison of SP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: comparison of SP
    Posted: 03/13/2009 at 1:05am
well, due to my recent endeavor into the world of SP.. I'm left dissatisfied with the 802 I'm playing with. Its just not fast enough. It has that 35 degree zeropong sponge.

I was just looking at pips.. and right now I'm looking at the following:

TSP spectol/speed/21
TSP super spin pips/speed/21
TSP Tyranno
and Stiga Royal.

I really want to know the difference between 21 and speed for the TSP pips.. 21 is supposed to be faster.. yet there is speed also. What is the difference?

Tyranno and royal sound more my style.. faster. but I basically just want a nice speed pip good at flat hitting and blocking. maybe tyranno and royal are too fast.. but how about the others? any advice/reviews appreciated.
Sponsored Links

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2009 at 1:37am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

well, due to my recent endeavor into the world of SP.. I'm left dissatisfied with the 802 I'm playing with. Its just not fast enough. It has that 35 degree zeropong sponge.

TSP spectol/speed/21
TSP Tyranno
and Stiga Royal.

I really want to know the difference between 21 and speed for the TSP pips.. 21 is supposed to be faster.. yet there is speed also. What is the difference?

Tyranno and royal sound more my style.. faster. but I basically just want a nice speed pip good at flat hitting and blocking. maybe tyranno and royal are too fast.. but how about the others? any advice/reviews appreciated.

Why do we go to short pips?  Well, because we don't really need that much spin and need to be able to counter flat-hitting.  I need to add something else.  The TSP Spinpips are good for forehand pips players.  Backhand pips players don't need spinny pips.

So, here are some good SPs for backhand:

1. Stiga Royal
2. Butterfly Speedy P.O.
3. Butterfly Flarestorm
4. Yasaka PB1
5. Juic Offense Ultima
6. Stiga Radical
7. 729 802-40
8. Stiga Clippa
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2009 at 3:06am

The 21 sponge on spectol is very soft (30deg), the speed sponge is hard (45deg)... the speed version IS faster...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2009 at 1:32pm
the only reason I am drawn to TSP pips is because I have had a hit with a chinese players racket from the club and he used TSP sp of some kind and I really liked it. I just dont know what it was so i shall ask.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2009 at 3:27am
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

TSP spectol/speed/21
TSP Tyranno
and Stiga Royal.

Why do we go to short pips?  Well, because we don't really need that much spin and need to be able to counter flat-hitting.  I need to add something else.  The TSP Spinpips are good for forehand pips players.  Backhand pips players don't need spinny pips.

So, here are some good SPs for backhand:

1. Stiga Royal
2. Butterfly Speedy P.O.
3. Butterfly Flarestorm
4. Yasaka PB1
5. Juic Offense Ultima
6. Stiga Radical
7. 729 802-40
8. Stiga Clippa

2008 world junior champion cao lisi plays with moristo sp in her forehand and tang peng used to play with nittaku FA in his fh when he played for mainland china

hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2009 at 3:57pm

This  is  a  good  backhand  pimple  rubber   Armstrong  AKA  MARK  RED.

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2015 at 11:15pm
Reviving this old thread instead of starting a new one...
Could anybody compare stiga royal to spectol regular?
In terms of
spin
speed
service
Pushes?

Please indicate whether this is with the new or old ball!

Thank you
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic