Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? about tenergy....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
takgugong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takgugong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? about tenergy....
    Posted: 03/25/2009 at 2:23am
I am pretty sure this was discussed , but cant find it.....

can i use rubber cement to stick it on the blade....
will it damage?  what do you recommend i use to assemble...
something cheap though....

Oh...and one more thing ....how is tenergy on a flexible blade like Avalox BT550
Sponsored Links

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2009 at 3:27am

If you were willing to buy expensive rubber why not spend a few cents more to buy quality glue?

Having said all that I've used lots of different glues from the hardware on it and its just like any other rubber. 

But you are takeing risks - anything could happen with too much voc.

As for the blade - If you want the most spin the world you can go a soft slow flexible blade BUT:

Dont expect any power in hitting anything
Dont expect any consistancy in looping or hitting

Do expect it to feel like the ball stays on your blade way too long.

I have tried every type of blade setup with t05 & t64

Because 05 has such a high throw and seems to hold the ball I've always came back to the same decision no matter how many times I reattempt to get used to something.

t05 belongs on something a stiffer and harder.  It doesnt have to be super hard or stiff.
Flex is unpredictable in my opinion it doesnt have a sense of crispy freshness to the shot.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2009 at 6:44am
agreed, that's why it plays so well on my mizutani and tbs, relatively stiff blade.

don't worry about rubber cement. been there done that. just put a thin layer of it when you apply it to the sponge and blade and you'll be fine.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2009 at 10:54am
I haven't used the Avalox blade you're talking about, but if you have to stick T05 on a flexy blade, try 1.9... You'll be getting a little more wood on flat hits making it more stable, but when you close your blade head for loops you can't tell the different from 2.1.

Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2009 at 12:32pm
What all wood blade would be good for T05?
I'm thinking about  Schlager Inspire, Kong Euro and Boll Forte. I tried it on Korbel and it was a little bit too flexy and high throw, a lot of balls went long. I tried it on a hard carbon blade and it was more stable and consistent on looping.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2009 at 12:34pm
Use only water based glue on Tenergy. When you apply for the first time, put two or three layers as Tenergy sponge absorbs the glue little fast.

Do not use any rubber cement or VOC containing glue. It will surely spoil the rubber.

Remeber one more thing. Use a blade protector which is VOC free. That will help the water based glue to create good pressure.

7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by takgugong takgugong wrote:

I am pretty sure this was discussed , but cant find it.....

can i use rubber cement to stick it on the blade....
will it damage?  what do you recommend i use to assemble...
something cheap though....

Rubber cement works on Tenergy as well as on any other rubber. I use it, and few of my frieds use it too, nothing bad happens to the rubber. VOC glue destroying the Tenergy is a myth IMO.
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by takgugong takgugong wrote:

Oh...and one more thing ....how is tenergy on a flexible blade like Avalox BT550

Tenergy with flexible blade works just fine - spin machine. You might go with 1.9 for a blade like that as 2.1 might be too mushy. I know at least a few players who use T05 with Stiga OC, Acoustic or P500 which have similar flex to BT550.
LittleFish.Net View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2009 at 4:45pm
I have a sheet of T05 glued using Butterfly clean chack twice, which a member said is just rubber cement, without any noticeable problems.
Violin CPen/FH:T05 2.1/BH:T64 1.9
W-6 CPen/FH:IQUL 2.2/BH:IQUL SV 2.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic