Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VOC-free speedglue!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scottymang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottymang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VOC-free speedglue!!
    Posted: 05/02/2009 at 12:56pm

I don't know if this is news but you can use the DHS no.15 glue like a speed glue.
The more layers you lay the faster it gets!!
It isn't as fast as the old speedglues but if you use it with pre-tuned rubbers like tenergy or coppa platin it will feel like old times.Thumbs%20Up

I don't know how it works with untuned rubbers but I will try it very soon.

Timo Boll ALC + 2x Rakza7 max = Scottymang
Sponsored Links

onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2009 at 1:09pm
It works with hard sponge rubbers. If you make 3-4 coats of it you will have better control and the rubber will have more kick.

This is what I experienced so far with hard sponge chinese rubbers such as Sword hero, Hurricane 3 provincial but it may not work same with other rubbers.
Frindship F-1
Forhand: Hurricane 3 39
Backhand: Haifu Shark III pink sponge
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2009 at 1:42pm
Which one are you using? 50ml or 98ml? It should work similar to Haifu's Tuner which is really just very elastic VOC-Free Glue. The more layers you put on, the thicker the elastic layer of glue. I've tried DHS's VOC-Free Glue and Haifu's. Thought Haifu's was much more elastic although I definitely agree with you, both have elastic properties when you put on several layers.
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2009 at 1:51pm
I tried them both. They have different tastes. I liked DHS more so I bought a 500ml bottle.

But Haifu is a booster. It is not really a innocent product. DHS makes a silicon like coat which is fun to tear from the sponge. The real acceleration comes from that layer of glue not from the chemical reaction with the sponge.
Frindship F-1
Forhand: Hurricane 3 39
Backhand: Haifu Shark III pink sponge
apflor323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apflor323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2009 at 6:09pm
Any recommendations where I can order either of the glues?
T05/Treiber Z/Rasant Powersponge
FEEDBACK HERE
mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2009 at 6:13pm
for the no.15 DHS stuff you could go here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Table-Tennis-Ping-Pong-DHS-Water-Glue-VOC-FREE-500ml_W0QQitemZ170248711617QQihZ007QQcategoryZ36277QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

however I don't see any mention of the glue layers making it any faster...
apflor323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apflor323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2009 at 6:17pm
Any retailers in the U.S.?
T05/Treiber Z/Rasant Powersponge
FEEDBACK HERE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottymang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2009 at 7:12am
Originally posted by apflor323 apflor323 wrote:

Any retailers in the U.S.?

You can find the no.15 glue here.

cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2009 at 10:26am
I have both in my site as well.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2009 at 10:35am
doesn't this glue  expand the sponge? If it does it's hard to keep the thickness under 4mm.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottymang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2009 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

doesn't this glue  expand the sponge? If it does it's hard to keep the thickness under 4mm.

No, it doesn't and it isn't. As long as you peel it off. Which is very easy. I do it in about 10 seconds.

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2009 at 10:52am
Originally posted by scottymang scottymang wrote:

No, it doesn't and it isn't. As long as you peel it off. Which is very easy. I do it in about 10 seconds.

nice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottymang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2009 at 3:40pm

Originally posted by scottymang scottymang wrote:

nice.

Use about 4 thin layers or it won't be that easy to peel. And if you make the layers to thick it will get all bubbly.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic