Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TC and King

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xawiell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xawiell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TC and King
    Posted: 05/06/2009 at 9:49am
Hi, I have a quesition:
Would Boost TC be in harmony with hurricane King.
I want to play TC on backhand of my HK. But some guys think the combination is not good because TC is too soft for King.
Now I have no ideaCry
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2009 at 10:03am
Hking is a stiff blade. So it will be fine with boost TC.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2009 at 10:51am
Xiom zeta is suitable for back hand. Andro Roxon 450 is also suitable, but softer.
The speed of zeta is as fast as roxon 450. The spin of zeta is higher than roxon 450.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2009 at 7:04pm
Well you could use boost tc because logically, hking is a hard blade and boost tc is soft, but I don't recommend it, I think boost tc has too much dwell time, that's why I prefer it on the forehand. But that's only me, you may like it if you're doing big movements with your backhand and like to play mid-distance away from the table... Well if you try it it would be nice to hear a review from you then.
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2009 at 8:00pm
Boost TC will be awesome on a HK, fh or bh. I just finished testing it on a Rutis. Its a really versatile rubber.

Boost TC max thickness doesn't really feel like an overly soft rubber/sponge, as I feared it would before using it. It plays like a harder rubber than advertised. Good speed and of course good "click", but its not too bouncy like most Tensors. Its nothing like Tenergy, but its a surprisingly good rubber.

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2009 at 4:55am
Originally posted by Nutriment6464 Nutriment6464 wrote:

Well you could use boost tc because logically, hking is a hard blade and boost tc is soft, but I don't recommend it, I think boost tc has too much dwell time, that's why I prefer it on the forehand. But that's only me, you may like it if you're doing big movements with your backhand and like to play mid-distance away from the table... Well if you try it it would be nice to hear a review from you then.

+1
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2009 at 6:38am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Boost TC will be awesome on a HK, fh or bh. I just finished testing it on a Rutis. Its a really versatile rubber.

Boost TC max thickness doesn't really feel like an overly soft rubber/sponge, as I feared it would before using it. It plays like a harder rubber than advertised. Good speed and of course good "click", but its not too bouncy like most Tensors. Its nothing like Tenergy, but its a surprisingly good rubber.

Boost TC playing harder than adverstised lol. Boost TC is just like mush man.
Xawiell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xawiell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2009 at 11:08am
Thanks for your answers!
i think i will try the TC and Zeta the next time!
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2009 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

LOL

Sorry to disagree, but saying it plays like mush is a myth, unless you are used to playing with a rock-hard Chinese rubber. It doesn't feel much different than the average Japanese sponge. Maybe on the soft side, but its not bouncy and it doesn't bottom out even when I smash.

The topsheet feels a little thin, but it performs well. Its a quality rubber.

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2009 at 11:48am

LOL

Sorry to disagree, but saying it plays like mush is a myth, unless you are used to playing with a rock-hard Chinese rubber. It doesn't feel much different than the average Japanese sponge. Maybe on the soft side, but its not bouncy and it doesn't bottom out even when I smash.

The topsheet feels a little thin, but it performs well. Its a quality rubber.

Well I'm used to Boost TP. Yes it doesn't feel much different to a soft japanese sponge with built in glue effect.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2009 at 6:31pm

keep in mind the HK is not at all a hard blade. It's stiff, but not hard at all. This is why it sucks with SP, but that stiff not hard characteristic gives to the amazing feel of the blade.

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2009 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

keep in mind the HK is not at all a hard blade. It's stiff, but not hard at all. This is why it sucks with SP, but that stiff not hard characteristic gives to the amazing feel of the blade.

you mean the annoying vibration? Wink
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2009 at 7:55am

@Stavros & Skyline: I bought a couple of sheets of boost tc but I never tried Tp, is tp really harder, or it still feels like a soft japanese rubber? If you could compare it to tenergy of any kind, you'd be very helpful thanks!

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2009 at 8:00am

@Stavros & Skyline: I bought a couple of sheets of boost tc but I never tried Tp, is tp really harder, or it still feels like a soft japanese rubber? If you could compare it to tenergy of any kind, you'd be very helpful thanks!

No Boost TP is much harder than Boost TC, the topsheet is also grippier. The throw is low and the rubber feels solid. It has excellent control and it's very precise.
tears4fear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tears4fear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2009 at 7:30pm
tp = bryce
tc = bryce fx

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2009 at 3:00am

No Boost TP is much harder than Boost TC, the topsheet is also grippier. The throw is low and the rubber feels solid. It has excellent control and it's very precise.

Yes, TP is harder. I agree with the above Skyline's comments.
In general, Tenergys are better than TP for looping. TP is a very good backhand rubber.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic