Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tacky Rubber That Feels Like Gambler Outlaw?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2009 at 4:54pm
I'll put it through all the paces, smashes, loops, chops, drops and the reverse loop.Wink

jl
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Sponsored Links

nick911sc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick911sc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2009 at 9:06pm
I don't wanna sound like an idiot but I haven't heard anyone mention the sponge degree of outlaw at all.. Is there just one version available?
YEO Cpen

Xiom Fuga Cpen

Xiom Strato Cpen

Dawei Matrix Cpen

Dawei Quattro A+ FL

pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2009 at 6:18am
Originally posted by nick911sc nick911sc wrote:

I don't wanna sound like an idiot but I haven't heard anyone mention the sponge degree of outlaw at all.. Is there just one version available?

It's about 41 degrees, similar to LKT Rapid Speed.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 12:22am
First day, I put the 'Side Effect' rubber on my TBS. The rubbers feels mushy tonight, its probably because its freshly glued. The red top sheet is translucent and soft and semi-tacky. As far as pre-tuned, I can't tell.

The rubber is heavier than the Torrent that I normally use, it loops very nicely and easily. Lots of spin and speed. It flat hits well. My serves have much more spin than normal - Nice!! It plays the short game very well with good control.

I should have a better feel for the rubber next time, I'll loop more tomorrow.

jl

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 8:36am
jt99sf :-
I looked at all the stamps of the newly registered Gambler Rubbers on ITTF website and i could not find any one which read "Side Effect".
There were two with "Spin Effect" and one with "Mirror Effect".
Can you please let me know the name of the rubber?

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 11:15am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Originally posted by nick911sc nick911sc wrote:

It's about 41 degrees, similar to LKT Rapid Speed.

It would be cool if someone could have a comparison of the tuned tacky rubbers like BW2, H3 Factory Tuned and 729-08.

For instance,
Speed:  Rubber A >> Rubber B > Rubber C
Throw:  Rubber C > Rubber A > Rubber B

Maybe add in sponge hardness, tackiness, spin etc.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 11:37am
The rubber is stamped 'Gambler Wraith Spin-Effect'. More testing to come tonight.

sorry about the typo, too excited about the new rubber.

jl

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 1:43pm
jt99sf: thats strange, because i see wraith is being marked as Spin Effect on the ITTF website and not as Side Effect.
Anyways, i am excited about that rubber. I want to know the company ratings of that rubber on speed, spin and control. I would like to compare it with Outlaw.
Tom told me that this one is a tacky rubber with a lot more speed.

Do you have any idea how Gambler Aces plays?I see that its spin rating is 98 which is way beyond 88 for outlaw.
Did you get a chance to try Aces also? If yes, can you give me a speed. spin and control rating for that one too.

I would rate Outlaw as (on a scale of 10):-

Speed :- 9.3
Spin :- 9.0
Control :- 8.9

I would really like to hear your comments on my questions!
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 5:17pm
So when is this Wraith rubber going to be released by Gambler?

If it a sticky version of Outlaw, I really will want to try it. John, how is hardness? medium?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 12:32pm
JimT,

the sponge is medium, not hard at all.

Last night I played much better with the Wraith rubber. I was able to flat hit and loop. My opponents had alot of trouble returning my spinner serves. I'm starting to put side spin my loops and the short drops shots were easy to execute. My timing is getting better.

Blocking with the Wraither on my TBS was very easy, block placement was really good, I was able to place some blocks right behind the net near the edge.
I do find the rubber is abit heavier than the Torrent and Outlaw. It is a faster and spinner rubber, the surface is semi-tacky and you cannot pickup the ball with the rubber unless its brand new.
This Wraith is a very good rubber.

More reviews to come...

jl

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 3:22pm
Thanks! Let us know if semi-tackiness lasts.

snapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2009 at 11:25am
Just bought some Gambler Shadow Spin Effect 2.2 from Zeropong.  I should get it Monday, just in time for me to glue it up for league play on Tuesday! I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Donic Waldner Diablo Senso _Blitz_Reflectoid
Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso V2_Shadow 2.0_Wraith 2.0
Allround Classic, E4, Donic Cayman
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2009 at 12:06pm
I can see that Zeropong added Aces Pro version with harder sponge, and also they added Four Kings Pro.

Basically it seems that they are using that same Outlaw sponge with their Aces/4Kings topsheets. Could be something interesting...

Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2009 at 12:14pm
what is the throw of Outlaw? Does it suit an alc blade well?
phantagarow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantagarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2009 at 12:28pm
It is higher than regular Sriver on my TBS. It plays fantastic on TBS provided that you adjust your stroke accordingly.
Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2009 at 9:15am
Thanks, I may give this outlaw a try after all...
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2009 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

JimT,

the sponge is medium, not hard at all.

Last night I played much better with the Wraith rubber. I was able to flat hit and loop. My opponents had alot of trouble returning my spinner serves. I'm starting to put side spin my loops and the short drops shots were easy to execute. My timing is getting better.

Blocking with the Wraither on my TBS was very easy, block placement was really good, I was able to place some blocks right behind the net near the edge.
I do find the rubber is abit heavier than the Torrent and Outlaw. It is a faster and spinner rubber, the surface is semi-tacky and you cannot pickup the ball with the rubber unless its brand new.
This Wraith is a very good rubber.

More reviews to come...

jl

On the package of the Outlaw, there is a picture on the top right that states "Pre Tuned Technology" right under the small picture of two gears.  On the Wraith and Shadow, it has been changed.  What is written now? It's blurry if you zoom in.  Are these not tuned rubbers? Thanks.
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2009 at 8:03pm
Which is tackier? Wraith or Shadow

Looks like both are using the same topsheet just different sponges.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
snapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2009 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

On the package of the Outlaw, there is a picture on the top right that states "Pre Tuned Technology" right under the small picture of two gears.  On the Wraith and Shadow, it has been changed.  What is written now? It's blurry if you zoom in.  Are these not tuned rubbers? Thanks.

I'm guessing it says Conic Structure Technology, leading me to believe that it's not pre-tuned.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2009 at 1:11am
My first shippment has yet to arrive, but my unerstanding is that the Wraith and Shadows topsheets are not the same. Wraith is similar to Rapid Soft while Shadow is tackier. 
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2009 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by snapa snapa wrote:

I'm guessing it says Conic Structure Technology, leading me to believe that it's not pre-tuned.

Thanks Snap.  That's too bad.  I just got the Outlaw, which I'll write a review on soon and much like JKC, I was pretty impressed with its performance.  I was hoping for the same tuned sponge on a much tackier topsheet.  Anyway, I still might try Wraith and I just hope it's a bit better than LKT Torrent "pip structure glue effect" which was a bit flat.  Still, Torrent was quite good for the backhand.
snapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2009 at 4:03pm

Thanks Snap.  That's too bad.  I just got the Outlaw, which I'll write a review on soon and much like JKC, I was pretty impressed with its performance.  I was hoping for the same tuned sponge on a much tackier topsheet.  Anyway, I still might try Wraith and I just hope it's a bit better than LKT Torrent "pip structure glue effect" which was a bit flat.  Still, Torrent was quite good for the backhand.

Just got the Shadow in today.  It says Conic-Shaped Technology.  And to confirm, it did not have the same smell as Outlaw.
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2009 at 4:13pm

Just got the Shadow in today.  It says Conic-Shaped Technology.

Snapa,

Is Shadow seem lighter or heavier than Outlaw?  And it is mild tacky, right?

Thx.
snapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2009 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

Snapa,

Thx.

Not really the best person to ask since I don't have a scale, but from me picking it up, it seems lighter.  Then again, I don't have an unopened packed of Outlaw on me either.

Actually, just opened the black one to check for you.  It's very light.  Also, mildly tacky.  I'll have more info when I get back from class.  I glued up red on my FH and I'm pressing it now.  I should be able to cut it by the time I get back tonight.
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2009 at 4:20pm

Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

Snapa,

Thx.

Not really the best person to ask since I don't have a scale, but from me picking it up, it seems lighter.  Then again, I don't have an unopened packed of Outlaw on me either.

Actually, just opened the black one to check for you.  It's very light.  Also, mildly tacky.  I'll have more info when I get back from class.  I glued up red on my FH and I'm pressing it now.  I should be able to cut it by the time I get back tonight.

Thanks again, Snapa.

I can't wait for a detailed review...Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic