Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top defenders' rackets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ccsltt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccsltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top defenders' rackets
    Posted: 06/08/2009 at 1:29pm

There is some ( crazy ?) rumor that Joo Se Hyuk uses inverted (smooth) rubber both sides. I find it hard to believe. I personally looked at Chen Weixing's racket and he does use thin sponge Joola long-pips one side and smooth spinny Joola on the other side (of course this does not have to do anything with mostly with what Joo may choose).

I saw  a picture of supoosedly Joo�s racket in this forum with a P1-Curl but P1-Curl is not even legal (P1-Curl R is but I did not see the R on it) . then he went with Buttefly it seems and now it is hard to say what he uses based on claims by Butterfly websites or catlogs

Has anyone seen the rackets of Joo and the other two Korean women choppers Park Mi Young and   Kim Kyung Ah ?  How can these three players chop almost better than their long-pips (I think) backhands on their forehands but yet launch lightening quick forehand loops ?

How thick or thin  is their forehand rubbers ?   But for the Koreans defensive play would be dead I think

In contrast what do the European defenders and Chinese transplants (more like rejects) in Europe use ?  Probably Butterfly Feint Long due to sponsorships  ? 

Historically Japan , China & India also always produced choppers but now all three totally abandoned that style it seems.

Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2009 at 2:17pm
It is quite possible that they twiddle the racket when they need to chop from FH
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ccsltt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccsltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2009 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

It is quite possible that they twiddle the racket when they need to chop from FH

Not from what I have seen (except serving) but even if true regardless I am more interested in finding out what equipment they use
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2009 at 7:23pm
I think earlier on he experimented with normal and anti rubbers. There was something about that before. I think he is using P1-r in 1.3mm now, on diod? (spelling?) with joo handle.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2009 at 11:30pm
You mean the BTY Diode?
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Beer Belly Beer Belly wrote:

You mean the BTY Diode?

Thats the one beerbelly.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 2:50am
joo uses matsush*ta pro alpha now due to the speed glue ban with tenergy 64 on forehand and supposedly TSP long pips on the back. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 2:55am
Originally posted by bleachfan92 bleachfan92 wrote:

joo uses matsush*ta pro alpha now due to the speed glue ban with tenergy 64 on forehand and supposedly TSP long pips on the back.�

Thanks for the update!
I was not sure what his new equipment would be after the ban.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 3:24am
Originally posted by ccsltt ccsltt wrote:

There is some ( crazy ?) rumor that Joo Se Hyuk uses inverted (smooth) rubber both sides. I find it hard to believe. I personally looked at Chen Weixing's racket and he does use thin sponge Joola long-pips one side and smooth spinny Joola on the other side (of course this does not have to do anything with mostly with what Joo may choose).

I saw  a picture of supoosedly Joo�s racket in this forum with a P1-Curl but P1-Curl is not even legal (P1-Curl R is but I did not see the R on it) . then he went with Buttefly it seems and now it is hard to say what he uses based on claims by Butterfly websites or catlogs

Has anyone seen the rackets of Joo and the other two Korean women choppers Park Mi Young and   Kim Kyung Ah ?  How can these three players chop almost better than their long-pips (I think) backhands on their forehands but yet launch lightening quick forehand loops ?

How thick or thin  is their forehand rubbers ?   But for the Koreans defensive play would be dead I think

In contrast what do the European defenders and Chinese transplants (more like rejects) in Europe use ?  Probably Butterfly Feint Long due to sponsorships  ? 

Historically Japan , China & India also always produced choppers but now all three totally abandoned that style it seems.

park dont loop she just smash the ball
SSKUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSKUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 3:44am
I SAW JOO`S GAME THIS YEAR. HE STILL USE HIS JOO RACKET. DO NOT TRUST THE INFORMATION IN JAPAN`S BTY WEBSITE..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 3:52am
i believe they customed the blade for him with joo handle but the blade itself is matsush*ta. but from the recent games his blade dont seem to be joo anymore? kim kyung ah is still using joo se hyuk nevertheless.
Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 10:03am
Matsush*ta is a soft blade compared to the Joo blade. Has Joo switched to a softer blade for better spin variation? This will have an impact on his forehand I reckon!
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 10:26am
I think it's special made blade with faster forehand o slower backhand.
feint2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feint2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 1:54pm
Which rubber is Joo currently using on his forehand, Tenergy 64 ?
I found him better in his forehand defence, it's strange because from what I heard tensor rubbers are not good for defense chops.
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 2:03pm
Tensor rubber that simulate speed glue rubber (for me at least) is easier to chop then non-speed glue rubber. It has better touch for controlling the ball back to table. The only problem is, I don't feel my chop is as heavy as it should have been.
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 3:46pm
I thought Joo use tackifire Drive on fh ? Like 1.9 or 1.7mm ?
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

First of all. What does that have to do with anything? Second, I see her looping in every match I have seen her..

Edit: leif
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

I thought Joo use tackifire Drive on fh ? Like 1.9 or 1.7mm ?

That was before the glue ban...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2009 at 9:01pm
Joo was using a Joo Se Hyuk blade at the Last Chinese tournament.
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2009 at 2:45am
yes hes using a joo in the china vs world match.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2009 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

First of all. What does that have to do with anything? Second, I see her looping in every match I have seen her..

Edit: leif

yes,i ve seen her playing and warmin

>>>>  but yet launch lightening quick forehand loops ? >>
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2009 at 3:50pm
I don't understand why Joo is considered defender. He is an allround player. Defenders are Koji Matsush*ta and Eugeniy Shchetinine.
Single Ply Hinoki club
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2009 at 5:50pm
I think his style is modern defense, an evolution of style to the classic defense.
Ding song is one of the creators to this new style that lead away from the classical defense of matsush*ta and shibutani.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2009 at 8:15pm
i think chen uses the joola drum for his inverted, its identical to h3
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2009 at 8:16pm
btw, you would know that joo uses an LP in his bh because everytime he chops with his bh the sound is a dull "tok" sound
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
pongmaster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2009 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Ryu_S_M Ryu_S_M wrote:

some TT company should start doing that, with like carbon on only one side or something. zit may attract those whose bh and fh strokes are vastly different
Blade: BTY Matsush*ta Pro Special Arylate Carbon

FH:H3

BH:Spectol
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2009 at 12:21am
there is tsp reflex off/def
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2009 at 1:01am
Originally posted by pongmaster pongmaster wrote:

Originally posted by Ryu_S_M Ryu_S_M wrote:

some TT company should start doing that, with like carbon on only one side or something. zit may attract those whose bh and fh strokes are vastly different

There are already several combo blades on the market ( I know Dr. Neubauer makes one as well as Hallmark)

I think if you only used carbon on one side of the blade you may run into some tension issues which might cause the blade to warp ( I could be wrong), but perhaps if you used carbon on one side and kevlar on the other, the two synthetic materials and their appropriate bonding methods may even out the internal tension as well as give a large variance in playing characteristics. Maybe I'll try this out when I get an order of carbon and kevlar in.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic