Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 05 or 64?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jubasticow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubasticow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05 or 64?
    Posted: 06/11/2009 at 8:26pm
What do you choose?
what is the best for a soft blade?
Thank's
Sponsored Links

bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 10:38am
Depends greatly on your style.  T64 is a lot more soft than T05 but both rubbers play differently and have different levels of speed, what are you using and what's your style like?
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubasticow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 10:45am
I am using now a Viscaria with 2 srivers g2 max.
Because viscaria is semi-heavy I'm scared of buy the T05 because is heavy :/
I play mid distance with loops and close to the table just the third ball with spin, but more smashes. Thank's
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 10:52am

In my opinion and experience T25 is the heaviest, then T05 and T64 is the lightest.  T05 would mix well with the Viscara blade, I know a couple people that use it and they like it a lot, if you like to have really controlled spinny opening loops with a higher arc then T05 is for you, if you like to drive the ball more and have shots with high spin and low are then T64 is better for you but it's also faster than T05 so it would take some getting used to in regards to control.  When it comes to smashing both rubbers are fine as long as you generate good arm speed.  Hope this helps

Clipper CR WRB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubasticow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 10:56am
thank you very much
I think i will get the T64
and the durability of the two, what are the differences?
(sorry the english I am brasilian)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 11:09am
Your english is fine, they are both pretty durable, the tenergy topsheets do have good longevity, you'll lose some of the spring from the sponge after about a month of use but you'll still have some good pop and dwell time.  Just make sure you clean it, i use water and that works fine. 
Clipper CR WRB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubasticow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 11:13am
Thank you
I use after the trains the Butterfly Rushawa.?
Thank's
manuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Jubasticow Jubasticow wrote:

thank you very much
I think i will get the T64
and the durability of the two, what are the differences?
(sorry the english I am brasilian)

i am using T25,2.1,  in your opinion can I get the same control by using T64 , 1.9?
thx

Manuch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubasticow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 12:01pm
I think the control will be very similar, because the T25 speed is 10.25, and the T64 is 10.5, then the thickness offsets.
GBtabletennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBtabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 12:33pm
Spring means jumping.. (dutch to english)

Maybe they mean the ball jumps out the rubber.
manuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 12:50pm

GBtabletennis

which rubber you use for your forehand? T05 or BSfx? wonderin are you using 2.1 for both .thx

Manuch
manuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 12:53pm

I think the control will be very similar, because the T25 speed is 10.25, and the T64 is 10.5, then the thickness offsets.

thanks for opining , but as T25 is harder rubber than T64 does hardness make any difference in control?
Manuch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubasticow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 12:55pm
I thought it was the spring season.
(I'm Brazilian)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubasticow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by manuch manuch wrote:

thanks for opining , but as T25 is harder rubber than T64 does hardness make any difference in control?

Is this, I thought, then the T64 will have more control by holding the ball and because it is 1.9

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 1:44pm
The numbers they give you on the website, the specs, don't rely too much on those.  There is a big difference in speed between T64 and T05.  The hardness of the sponge makes the rubber play very differently.  The ball doesn't sink into the sponge and spring off as well so it takes a little more effort to make spin.  The 1.9 will give you more control because the less the thickness the less the speed.  
Clipper CR WRB

manuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

The numbers they give you on the website, the specs, don't rely too much on those.  There is a big difference in speed between T64 and T05.  The hardness of the sponge makes the rubber play very differently.  The ball doesn't sink into the sponge and spring off as well so it takes a little more effort to make spin.  The 1.9 will give you more control because the less the thickness the less the speed.  

So you think T64 can generate spin easier and more than T25?.
thx

Manuch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubasticow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 2:41pm
i think if you do the right moviment yes
LittleFish.Net View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 3:00pm

thank you very muchI think i will get the T64 and the durability of the two, what are the differences?(sorry the english I am brasilian)

Yes, just like what bull_harrier said the rubber is very durable. The T05 on my HK is 9 months old and has been transferred to 2 different blades before reaching the HK. It looks dull but I can't feel much change in playing characteristics. However, you should avoid contact with the table at all cost. Lost a little piece with a close to the net push and 2 rips for looping too close to the table...I won that point though
Violin CPen/FH:T05 2.1/BH:T64 1.9
W-6 CPen/FH:IQUL 2.2/BH:IQUL SV 2.0
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 3:01pm
Tenergy 1.9 on FH Sucks..
but on BH it will amaze you I think, but after all I am a penholder.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2009 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by manuch manuch wrote:

Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

So you think T64 can generate spin easier and more than T25?.
thx

Both rubbers are very capable of generating high amounts of spin and they are both for pretty different styles of players.  It takes a little more effort with the T25, you really have to skim the ball well to get high loads of spin and with T64 you have to be careful because it is very fast. Being that it's softer you'll find a little easier time getting spin out of it but you have to be careful with the pace you put on the ball. They are just two rubbers that suit different styles differently, like i said they are both very capable of generating high amounts of spin, it just depends on how you use them
Clipper CR WRB

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic