Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tenergy 25 review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mark20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tenergy 25 review
    Posted: 06/15/2009 at 2:17pm
please post your feedback here if you have tried this rubber. thanks.
Sponsored Links

Rubberneck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubberneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2009 at 11:00pm
I just played with it for a very short while, yesterday.  It was somebody else's.  It was on a hinoki off blade.  It felt a tad slower than what I am already using, which is a used rubber I bought from this forum--two Joola Air! rubbers, which the seller said he used to speed glue.  The Tenergy 25 was spinnier than my used rubbers and had WAY more control.  I guess, I've been playing with a crazy fast setup, because I was amazed at how much control I had using the Tenergy 25 rubbers, while still maintaining a good level of speed.  It could also be partly, that my blade is off+ and the guy's with the Tenergy was off, but still, I was really impressed by the control.  
mark20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 11:08pm
anymore users?
Rubberneck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubberneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 11:12pm
What, again, is supposed to be the difference between 25 and 05?  Which has more control?  I thought the 25 had excellent control.  Amazing, actually, compared the rubbers I've been using.
mark20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2009 at 11:53pm
thank very much for your reply rubberneck Clap
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 1:05am
Have you tried to search mark20? If you search for Tenergy just in the title of the posts, you'll find many discussions on this rubber already...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 12:19pm
Actually haggisv i tried doing the search you just mentioned and couldn't get anything to come up, just the usual search error. I was going to show him the mile long review i wrote on the rubber 
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 1:01pm
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22813&KW
Tenergy 25 review

here you go...
no charge
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
mark20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 1:51pm
i have read the original tenergy 25 review. thank bull_harrier and Heimdallalso
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 3:29pm
Anytime, hope it helps
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2009 at 11:03am

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3357/3243830620_6aaca93f7b.jpg

found this online ... i believe t25 is on the blade t05 is black and t64 is in the middle

GraemeW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraemeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2009 at 5:41am
I finally got to try Tenergy 25 last night,

I recently took delivery of a beautiful Hungarian custom-made blade hand-built by Palatinus (ordered through www.oldstiga.com). The blade is rated OFF and is a 85g 5ply all wood with limba outer plys, with the head shape and handle based of the size and shape of TBS. It is beautifully made and finished - nothing flashy, no fancy colours ... just high quality veneers and cut core.

I have been playing with Tenergy 05 on my forehand since May 2008, and so I initially put a new sheet on the Palatinus with Solcion 1.9 on the backhand. Control on the backhand is close to perfect for me and the blade is direct and responsive with great feeling. Looping with the T05 on forehand was as good as usual, except for the familiar T05 problem of the occasional ball dying/pancaking off the rubber from distance and the trademark high throw. Therefore, I decided to try Tenergy 25 before re-committing to Tenergy 05 for this coming season.

From the first couple of shots I realised that the combination of Tenergy 25 and Limba was what I was looking for - a lower and flatter arc on my loops - a return to the glory days of Korbel and heavily speed glued Mendo MP! I found myself to be very consistent with the lower trajectory of the  T25, more so than with the high throw T05. Serves were low and tight and the touch over the table was as good as it had been with T05.

Early days, but I think I have found the combination for my game.

Butterfly Korbel ST
Red FH: BTY Tenergy T80 1.9mm
Black BH: TSP Curl P4 1.5mm
PingPongBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2009 at 10:12am
I have been using Tenergy 25 for my backhand and forehand and i think is is quite hard. However matching is with a softblade with excellent control gives me decent spin and speed. I have recently won against better players from my school and the rubber really helped me to score better points. However, Please note that this rubber when playing against a pimple oppenent is not really ideal, especially for me because the ball often droped into the net. Whatever your decision is, GO FOR IT!Smile
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2009 at 1:09pm
How does T25 play on Amultart for backhand?
Chen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 2:49pm

not bad.....but a little bit too slow if you have been playing with t05 or t64

Originally posted by Mdman Mdman wrote:

How does T25 play on Amultart for backhand?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic