Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 25 on One ply hinoki blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
samgoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samgoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 25 on One ply hinoki blade?
    Posted: 06/26/2009 at 10:04am
Any one tried this combination yet?

I have a Juic 1 -ply kiso hinoki FL blade and I wonder
if t-25 would match well with it, especially for bh.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

GBtabletennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBtabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2009 at 12:55pm
Hinoki is very hard. I think it don't fits Tenergy25.
I think you need a softer blade. Like M.maze and TBS they fits Tenergy really good.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by GBtabletennis GBtabletennis wrote:

Hinoki is very hard. I think it don't fits Tenergy25.
I think you need a softer blade. Like M.maze and TBS they fits Tenergy really good.

You must be confusing Hinoki with something else. Hinoki is known  specifically for its softness.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2009 at 1:14pm
this rubber may and the blade may be an extremely fast combo.there will be very little dwell time...samgoody,i really think it depends on your level,but i found that a sheet of darker-check with cagaragesales-is very suitable.i played yesturday with it which i attached to a 3 ply hinoki blade.nice feel,great overall performance.cheap rubbers,but very well performing.you may get additional info from chronos
zwu168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwu168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 1:45am
1 ply hinoki is meant for hard chinese rubbers, doesnt work as well with euro. hinoki is known for its softness.
OC WRB
FH: Hurricane 2
BH: CJ8000
samgoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samgoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 1:24pm
I think I am going to try the Globe 999 national blue sponge 2.2mm fh and
LKT Rapid Sound 2.0mm bh and see how that goes. Any comment about this combo...

Btw, my blade weights only 86g. I think the total weight would not be too heavy....
bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by zwu168 zwu168 wrote:

1 ply hinoki is meant for hard chinese rubbers, doesnt work as well with euro. hinoki is known for its softness.

super wrong info and idea!
suprisingly, euro rubbers (eg roxon 500, jo platin soft) are the best used rubbers on jpen one ply hinoki. doesnt mean that soft blades MUST go with soft rubbers, and further more there are hard hinoki (as in the wood is hard but not the feel)

t25 relatively i believe is a harder rubber compared to the other tenergy series. nevertheless, i think it is quite suited for hinoki. maybe you can test out a soft rubber (eg euro or jap) on bh and try a china (eg h3) on fh and see which one feels better instead of just using chinese rubbers.

cheers
zwu168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwu168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 8:26pm
Soft rubber goes with hard blade and hard rubber goes with soft blade, they are natural combinations. some euro are ok with hinioki because they are fast like F1.
OC WRB
FH: Hurricane 2
BH: CJ8000
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2009 at 6:02am
"super wrong info and idea!
suprisingly, euro rubbers (eg roxon 500, jo platin soft) are the best used rubbers on jpen one ply hinoki. doesnt mean that soft blades MUST go with soft rubbers, and further more there are hard hinoki (as in the wood is hard but not the feel)"
are you a jpen user?i think the rubber sheets you mentioned coupled with a 1 ply hinoki blade will be an extremely aggressive set-up with little control,imo.the rubbers you mention are german tensors,although i have used jo platinum soft(loved it with stiff 5 ply blade),it just doesn't work for me on a 1 ply-hinoki blade.you might be a higher level player to be able to play with such aggressive combinations.
i really don't think that traditional chinese rubbers will be a good choice for all hinoki blades as these are"low throw" rubbers...
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2009 at 6:45am
Tenergy 05 was amazing on my Juic 1 ply, didn't try the 25 though.

"hard Chinese rubbers on 1 Ply hinoki" that's also rubbish. Please tell me one pro that uses this combination.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2009 at 11:11am
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

are you a jpen user?i think the rubber sheets you mentioned coupled with a 1 ply hinoki blade will be an extremely aggressive set-up with little control,imo.the rubbers you mention are german tensors,although i have used jo platinum soft(loved it with stiff 5 ply blade),it just doesn't work for me on a 1 ply-hinoki blade.you might be a higher level player to be able to play with such aggressive combinations.
i really don't think that traditional chinese rubbers will be a good choice for all hinoki blades as these are"low throw" rubbers...

yes i am a jpen user and i am using omega 3 now. i tried roxon, omega 2 before as well. i think that it is quite controllable on normal strokes except when i use too much force theres a high chance that the ball will be out.

actually i tried h3 on a one ply shakehand before, i think its good for looping ( i think its only 37 degrees). i hope to try jo platin soon.

@speaq... i think theres only a few pros using one ply and they are all jpen users, i think the tenergy series should be quite suitable. but they shrink Cry
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2009 at 9:29pm

I tried once T05 on Darker Speed 90 for almost 3 weeks and it was a real dream setup. I might even come back to it when I am ready to play with something faster than my violin/T05 1.9mm combo.

I expect T25 1.9mm to be a wonderful setup on 1 ply hinoki --> 2.1mm will hide the wonderful feeling of the blade and 1.7 is just too thin (at least for me).
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2009 at 10:22pm
I have a Juic 1 ply as well as the Butterfly Senkoh (Max and 85).  I started out with Sriver FX max for both the Juic and Senkoh 85 and found the control to be lacking -there was too much "bounce" effect and both felt too soft, even for my taste.

I now use the Senkoh 85with a sriver 1.9 and it works well.  I use my Juic with Tackifire SP 1.9 and that works extremely well. 

I think a juic with a 1.9 or 2.1 tenergy would be a good setup.  It will be fast.  let me know how it works for you - I might try it myself. 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic