Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This BWII business going around

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This BWII business going around
    Posted: 06/27/2009 at 5:28am
Is BWII really that good? Especially the tuned version?
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 5:34am
there are quite a few reviews on the BW2 go use the search function.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 5:40am
simple answer: yes, for those who know how to use it and it's style.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 6:16am
Is it like the H3 provincial?
Wang94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wang94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 6:37am
Originally posted by LachlanTan LachlanTan wrote:

Is it like the H3 provincial?

noo, more like TG3
Boll Spirit
Tenergy 2.1 x2 //AZS AWFiS Gdansk Poland
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 9:26am
Well I dunno about TG3,
but it sure does not feel like H3P
the feel is closer to H2 but not quite the same..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 9:49am
The new vacuum pack factory tuned BW2 is really a good rubber, I can now enjoy chinese style looping table tennis without using speed glue.

Compare to BW2, the provincial H3 is not as fast as the BW2, I wish the neo would perform better.

I heard that the Neo is hold to sell because it doesn't pass the test of ITTF, this gossip is provided by a chinese supplier, I cannot proof the accuracy of this information.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 3:13pm

Haven't seen you in a while LachlanTan. Good to see you again. 

To answer your question.. it is indeed a great rubber. I've made it my rubber now and Its a very good rubber. It's very fast, its spinny, good for every aspect of the game, and again its fast. Even when the tuning wears off its still a fast rubber. Its easy to vary the spin when looping.. but you can achieve some monumental spin when looping with it when you really want to. Its good away from the table, and in all honesty there's not one bad thing about this rubber. Even the QC is good, ESPECIALLY for the 2009 packaging. I've played 4 sheets now, and have a 5th unopened.. its just good stuff. And reasonably priced at around 20 bucks.

I've played 3 different hardnesses and have a fourth hardness. I've played 37, 38, and the one I'm playing now is actually 41, with the 2009 packaging. I have an unopened 39 which i have a feeling will be the hardness i stick with. 38 and 39 are the most commonly used, with 37 being the softest you should go on your FH. it actually goes all the way down to 32.. but its harder to find. I would recommend 38. 41 is very hard, and almost no one plays with it. I like it, but dont hit hard enough to really make full use of it. I heard they made it for WLQ. But anyway.. i think you'll be satisfied if you try it.

welcome back again, and good luck

rupertgriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupertgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2009 at 4:08pm
With the tuned version I felt like it was 2 rubbers in one, like how some other forum members said. When I penetrated the topsheet and drove the ball into the sponge, it shot out too fast for me to handle. But when just using the topsheet, it was much slower and controllable. I couldn't deal with the incertainty and inconsistency so I peeled of the white layer on the back of the sponge, which I'm guessing was the tuning. I feel it plays alot better now. Much more predictable, thus controllable for me.
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2009 at 2:56pm
Thanks to reviews from Bee and others, I tried it and love it. 

I gained both spin and controllable power when I switched from Boost TC.  I play roughly 30-45 min. per weekday at lunch with the same opponent who has a great defense.  After I switched (and still even now after some time), he often misses the ball due to my additional spin/power mix.  It's a good feeling when you get your opponent staring at their paddle wondering "what the heck?". 

It's very good for serving and the short game too, IMHO. 
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2009 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Well I dunno about TG3,
but it sure does not feel like H3P
the feel is closer to H2 but not quite the same..

This is exactly TG3 Smile Plus 1 idea lighter.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2009 at 10:14pm
switched my bw2 on to my mizutani and it's a beast now! my loops are so much faster than on the YEO and i still get crazy spin! 
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

r5705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r5705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2009 at 10:39pm
May I humbly and hesitantly ask exactly what BW2 is and where one can get it for $20 a sheet?  Thanks.
r
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2009 at 11:32pm
check out Mytabletennis.com.

BW2 is the first 'chinese' like rubber to compensate for the lack of speedglue. It's made by a company called Haifu. It has a black sponge, and a very very grippy/slightly tacky topsheet. You can get a factory tuned version or an untuned version. Both are plenty fast and spinny without any additive/speedglue.
r5705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r5705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2009 at 9:11am
Thank you for your reply.  At the risk of trying your patience, could you explain just a bit about 'tuned' and 'untuned'?  Thanks again.
r
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2009 at 10:03am
Originally posted by r5705 r5705 wrote:

May I humbly and hesitantly ask exactly what BW2 is and where one can get it for $20 a sheet?  Thanks.

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2009 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

I bought few items from them; they are not knock-off. Just the shipping time is couple weeks  Wink
r5705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r5705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2009 at 1:44pm
Thank you very much.
r
Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2009 at 9:51am

Thank you for your reply.  At the risk of trying your patience, could you explain just a bit about 'tuned' and 'untuned'?  Thanks again.

Tricky. I shall try to answer this question but i think i cannot provide a perfect answer, though it shall be good enough to give you a rough idea.

Tuning to me, arose due to the speed glue ban and people resorted to tuning, which gives rubbers the speed glue effect for a longer period of time without the need to reglue. I think there are many ways to do it, and in haifu's case, it is done in the factory with their own formula. The simplest way is to use speedglue but i wouldn't suggest it anyway, its now illegal. The factory tuned formula supposedly guarantees u that it will pass the ITTF test (and so far i haven't seen a failure from Haifu).

As to what is speed glue effect if you ask, its actually the increased elasticity of the entire rubber sheet (including sponge) due to the speed glue. It results in faster, spinnier shots and louder sound. The increased feel is hard to explain.
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2009 at 1:45pm

It depends on what you mean by good. ;)

I used to play with it. It played ok before it failed (delamination) in the middle of a match. Bull_harrier will atest to that.

That put it on my death sentence and I gave 6 sheets away. Yes free.
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2009 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by figgie figgie wrote:

It depends on what you mean by good. ;)

I used to play with it. It played ok before it failed (delamination) in the middle of a match. Bull_harrier will atest to that.

That put it on my death sentence and I gave 6 sheets away. Yes free.

If only I knew you in person and could've been the recipient of such a gift... It would've been like Christmas. Big%20smile

I like BWII, and fortunately have not encountered any quality issues. I did recently decide it's a bit too fast for my skill level; however, I'm working hard to get better so that I may someday be worthy of using it. LOL
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2009 at 6:48pm
I know somebody playing at the USATT 2400 level (both wings looper) saying that with BW II "the power dissipates at impact". I did not quite understand what he meant.
He used to play Ekryps on the FH. He switched to Varites MAX for a while and now uses Tenergy 05.
What do you think about his observation? (he looped with it 10 or 12 times).
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2009 at 7:15pm
basically try looping far from the table and you'll understand why. it takes twice as much strength to loop a ball that is 10 feet away from the table and still have the speed required to get past the opponent.

you can just spin the ball back but at higher levels the ball will get killed since it sits up.

with tenergy the ball can fly through a lot better and faster.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2009 at 1:47am
your 2400 friend was used to using ekrips, that's why he thinks that. I'd guess he would say the same for any other chinese rubber. Tenergy and older speedglued jap/euro rubbers did the work for you much much more than chinese rubbers of any kind. When you apply great power to BW2, it gives you even more power than you put in. This is why I loved it so much, when you explode on the ball, the rubber nuclearly explodes back at you.

It's been said before by albert.. but the input/output ratio is whacky on that rubber.

tp- I must disagree with you :(

When I did my side by side with T05 to BW2, on my stroke, BW2 was a much more rewarding outcome away from the table. But I can see that being so for your stroke. I guess it really all just depends on how each individual hits the ball differently. But also in all fairness, you should never expect to hit past anyone when you're 10 feet off the table, :)  
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2009 at 10:26am
Anton, is that the guy from "no country from old men?"  Javier Bardem is it?  But that doesn't look like it's from No County.  It looks more to me like its from a movie where he went from monk in the Spanish inquisition to freedom fighter for the french revolution.  He was no hero in that movie.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Takadigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takadigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2009 at 10:53am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

When I did my side by side with T05 to BW2, on my stroke, BW2 was a much more rewarding outcome away from the table.

Absolutely agree. For hard and long swings with good follow through, BW II generates much more power and speed that what Tenergy-05 generates. Actually, BW II is faster and more powerful by a long shot.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2009 at 11:35am
no problem at all bee =). i think that you are probably right since i do not put as much power into my strokes with t05 than with bw2. this is probably partly due to the fact that if i did hit that hard with t05, i wouldn't be able to control it.

so i'll say that when i play with either t05 or bw2, the ball goes just as fast (maybe bw2 goes faster since my playing partner once said that the ball was taking off sooooo fast!)

but you will all agree that bw2 will make you tired if you're not fit enough =p
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2009 at 11:40am
I also generally agree that BW2 is

a) a bit more user-friendly (forgiving) than Tenergy (provided your BW2 is not very hard like 41 degs and more)

b) lower throw and a bit more controllable topspins. If only it weren't that frigging heavy...

c) that comment about dissipation of power - the guy must have been trying a soft BW where you can certainly feel you don't get enough power and sometimes you punch through the sponge on a really strong shot.

As Cole said in another topic, playing with Tenergy is not for sisses Wink
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2009 at 11:49am
i find that bw2 lacks in punch blocks and fh blocks while t05 gives me a better blocking game...

what do you guys think?
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2009 at 11:50am
I was curious why can't you switch to a secondary blade to continue with the match instead of giving up on BW2? 
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic