Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TBS vs TB ALC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
keven702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keven702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TBS vs TB ALC
    Posted: 07/01/2009 at 5:47pm
Hi I was wondering if there is a big difference between these 2? I heard that Timo Boll said these 2 blades are very similar thats why he switch over after the glue-ban 
Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2009 at 5:57pm
just use the search function

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23335&KW=alc
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2009 at 6:40pm
I have both, the TB ALC is softer and made for looping. The TBS is faster but still has control.

jl
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2009 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

I have both, the TB ALC is softer and made for looping. The TBS is faster but still has control.
jl
Very Unbiased assessment...i.e. what u r saying is that....Luv the TB ALC but in the meantime can't ignore what the TBS can do...Wonder u go into ur Garage every now n then to admire "Them"...Big%20smile
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2009 at 10:33pm
Entirely different blades. Use the search function as there are a lot of topics comparing both.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
keven702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keven702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2009 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

Entirely different blades. Use the search function as there are a lot of topics comparing both.

some reason my search function don't work idk why. always error msg
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2009 at 10:53pm
Try typing "timo boll spirit" or "timo boll alc" Sometimes the search function can be a pain.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2009 at 2:36am
Tried both (TBS 87g, ALC 86g, both ST handle). Found no discernable difference. Kept TBS.

I seriously think they're identical blades. Just my $0.02
IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2009 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by IAmI IAmI wrote:

Tried both (TBS 87g, ALC 86g, both ST handle). Found no discernable difference. Kept TBS.
I seriously think they're identical blades. Just my $0.02
+1...Kinda ironic to me that if TB ALC is such a good or best blade, how come lotta ppl u see here still unloading like crazy n the asking prices of new/used r still outrageous...Ouch
For me personally, TBS w/average Euro/Japn. rubbers combo is just good enuf...

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2009 at 2:01pm
I had both and they were similar. With the one's I had the ALC was a bit more flexible and faster, the TBS was slightly stiffer and slower. But it doesn't surprise me that people might have a different experience. They are that close.

I will buy another one of the two in the future, but with a ST handle!
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2009 at 2:15pm
in my case, if money is NOT the issue i'd get 1 w/Anatomic handle, same weight just 2 see how it's compared w/normal TBS.
yeah...whether it's BEST, Most suitable, Highest Quality, Impeccable wrkmanship, Comfy or not...these r ALL very subjective terms. What/which attribute(s) is/are to one person dun necessarily mean/apply to others.

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2009 at 2:58pm
I agree tiehwen, I like the TB ALC, good feel, control and fast. By any stretch of the imagination a great blade. But for me I prefer th TBS as it just suits my type of play and it has a feel that I really like. For other people the TB ALC would be the better blade that suits them. That is what makes this game so great, all the choices in equipment out there.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2009 at 3:08pm
Yes, all 3 of them...2 TBS's and 1 ALC.

I think the ALC is closer to the TB Spark in terms of the softer feel. 

so far, 36 in the garage.Wink

jl
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2009 at 3:28pm
So far I have not sold my TB ALC as yet. I am going to pull it out and try it again this evening. To me the ALC reminded me of the Viscaria but not as soft in feeling. All of this is quite subjective as everyone will have different views on this blade.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2009 at 3:14pm
I sold my TB ALC last week. The guy who I sold it to had put Haifu blue whale II Factory tuned on FH and Dest F1 BH. I took a knock with it and WOW!!!! I was totally blown away. Control, touch, blazingly fast and spinny. A very, very  playable blade. With the right combination of rubbers this is an awesome blade. (I feel a little depressed right now).

I still maintain it feels different to the TBS. Also with this rubber combination the vibration was much less or maybe I did not notice, I was having way too much fun playing with it.

I feel I may buy another one soonThumbs%20Up
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic