Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Few More Blades for My Collection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Few More Blades for My Collection
    Posted: 07/17/2009 at 3:32am
All,

I haven't posted any blades since January.  I have been extremely busy, so if I post an old picture, please don't mind that.  Well, I just got some more blades to share with you all.  Enjoy!

SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Sponsored Links

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 4:48am
You put my meager EJism to shame... those korbel speed blades look awesome!
I noticed no Outlaw in the lineup. Is that on the way?LOL
Amazing stuff, thanks for sharing.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 10:34am
imho, i think Speedy has "Compulsive shopping Disorder". Why 2 or 3 blades of the same model/type? If I were him n if $$$ is not a problem, I would get same model of blade w/ different handle. Some of these, to me, r so so n also either quite heavy or too lite. But still, whatever makes him happy....
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 11:16am
I'm curious about your opinion on the Korbel Speed.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 11:47am
I think the Korbel speed is a thicker version of Korbel, just like Tenor which is a thicker version of Acoustic.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I'm curious about your opinion on the Korbel Speed.

Me too...LOL

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 1:13pm
Wow......too many Butterfly!!! Kidding.

If I can pick 2 blades from this collection, it'd be Moonbeam and Kong.

Do you think Wrath will fit my game?

Iolite ST?
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 1:42pm
I have a few more blades to test.  I will try to test Korbel Speed tonight or tomorrow and will let you guys know how it is.

bogeyhunter,
Yes, Iolite ST... I went through a lot to get that blade.  I bought that from Butterfly Australia.  That was the last one.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

imho, i think Speedy has "Compulsive shopping Disorder". Why 2 or 3 blades of the same model/type? If I were him n if $$$ is not a problem, I would get same model of blade w/ different handle. Some of these, to me, r so so n also either quite heavy or too lite. But still, whatever makes him happy....

I think you got the idea with the last phrase "whatever makes me happy" Smile

I have my reasons.  I ordered only ST handles just because that the handle I play with.  If they don't have straight (ie, Firehand), then I go with FL.  Why 2 or 3 blades of the same thing?  Well, if I ordered 2 or 3, I can see myself use them in the future, and it's good to have more than 1.  And yes, 3 is too much.

And yes, $$$ is my problem, too Smile.  I am NOT rich.  I just have enough to buy blades.  Also, I use all my coaching money for the blades.  That's how I can afford them.  I love blades, that's all.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2009 at 11:39pm
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Team_Vietnam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2009 at 12:06am
Hey Speedy, can you tell me more about the Galaxy T-11 blade? How it plays, feeling, hardness, speed, etc. I was thinking of buying one since it was Limba-Carbon-Balsa-Carbon-Limba but due to the surprising lack of reviews on it, I haven't purchased it yet. I'd like to hear your review. By the way, where did you get the T-11 blade? Thanks.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2009 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Team_Vietnam Team_Vietnam wrote:

Hey Speedy, can you tell me more about the Galaxy T-11 blade? How it plays, feeling, hardness, speed, etc. I was thinking of buying one since it was Limba-Carbon-Balsa-Carbon-Limba but due to the surprising lack of reviews on it, I haven't purchased it yet. I'd like to hear your review. By the way, where did you get the T-11 blade? Thanks.

Galaxy T-11 has soft feel because of the Balsa core.  It's very light.  It's very thick (~10mm).  I don't like the thickness of the blade.  The speed is NOT as fast as I was hoping for.

If you use this blade with Chinese rubbers, then it is probably ok because the weight of the rubbers will give the paddle more mass, and it will be faster than if you use it with Japanese (light) rubbers.  I tested with Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha and Butterfly Flarestorm.  It seemed slow to me.

I bought these blades from TableTennisOnly.com.  I hope that helps.

Good luck...
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2009 at 1:21am
How's Wrath?
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2009 at 1:32am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

How's Wrath?

I am sorry, I haven't tested that yet.  I tested the Outlaw and Aces Pro.  Outlaw is medium fast and good for close to the table attack.  The same with Aces Pro, but Aces Pro is softer and more control, and of course slower than the Outlaw a little bit.

They are really good for $14-sheet of rubbers, but they are not anywhere near the Cermet or Hammond Pro Alpha that I am using.  I think the Wrath will be between Outlaw and the Aces Pro.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
abshadow15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2009 at 1:33am
can you please gimme a quick review on BTY viscaria blade? And TBS

thanks!
CURRENT SET-UP:
blade: Donic Black Devil
FH: BWII
BH: Sriver L
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2009 at 2:15am
Originally posted by abshadow15 abshadow15 wrote:

can you please gimme a quick review on BTY viscaria blade? And TBS

thanks!

TBS is a soft.  I would rate it OFF-.  It is good for consistent loop close to the table.  It's also good for flat hit close to the table.  As soon as I got off the table (mid-distance), I start losing power on my loop.  I used Hammond Pro Alpha for the test.

BTY Viscaria is really good for all around game attack.  I would rated OFF.  It has very very good feel and the grabs the ball well for your loop.  I really really like it.  However, it's ashamed that Butterfly doesn't make straight handle anymore.  IMO, it's a very stable blade.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Team_Vietnam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2009 at 5:13am
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

Originally posted by Team_Vietnam Team_Vietnam wrote:

Galaxy T-11 has soft feel because of the Balsa core.� It's very light.� It's very thick (~10mm).� I don't like the thickness of the blade.� The speed is NOT as fast as I was hoping for.If you use this blade with Chinese rubbers, then it is probably ok because the weight of the rubbers will give the paddle more mass, and it will be faster than if you use it with Japanese (light) rubbers.� I tested with Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha and Butterfly Flarestorm.� It seemed slow to me.I bought these blades from TableTennisOnly.com.� I hope that helps.Good luck...

Thanks a lot man! As far as I know, my BalsaCarbo X3 is the same construction as the T-11, except for the thickness and all that. I just had a hit with it the other day since my primary setup (Korbel) was "in the repair shop." I had Venus on FH and Hammond on BH. I expected a huge jump in speed from my usual Korbel, but was surprised at how much control and spin I was getting in addition to some decent mid-distance speed. It wasn't fast but not way too slow either. I see that your take on the T-11 is similar to mine then. Anyways, thanks again and maybe one day I might have a grand collection of blades as you!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

wictoriouz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wictoriouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2009 at 2:25pm
How can you afford all of those blades speedy? Im trying to keep up with the money but i cant manage to earn haha
Current setup:
Ma Lin Soft Carbon
FH: Haifu whale 2 MAX black
BH: Donic desto F3 Bslam
Glue: free chack

saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2009 at 2:54pm
Speedy, I'll be glad if you please share your opinion on Stiga Tube carbo. Does it flex like regular stiga blades do?
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2009 at 3:29pm
Korbel looks nice :)
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2009 at 3:35pm
Speedy, how come you have two FL Viscarias? I thought you only played with ST handles? and why two?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ppmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2009 at 5:09pm
-< drooling >-

Man, this is hardcore! I saw your collection a while back and thought you already stopped buying.

And the scale! I bet you bought it specifically for TT.

Can you post your impression about Wraith and Shadow? It's good to have a review of them from a player at your level.

Thanks.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2009 at 5:19pm
We already have threads for both so if you have some impressions already, please post

http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27017

http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27018
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic