Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's your comment on Neo H2, H3, TG2 and TG3?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What's your comment on Neo H2, H3, TG2 and TG3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Rack Rack wrote:

Wow Neo H3 commercial better than the factory tuned?  I might have to dabble in it then.

Factory tuned Prov. H3 has better quality control, you got several pieces of the same hardness and thickness, they perform the same. But Commercial is commercial level, even you got the same hardness and thickness, they may perform a bit different, that's why Prov H3 is favorite of many players.

I says it is better than prov FT H3 is that the Neo H3 is really fast and spiny, true free from glue, the tuning is even better than the factory tuned of the old H3.
Sponsored Links

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Waldmeister Waldmeister wrote:

Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

62 grams my sheet of H2 neo 2.15, I would guess the weight hasn't changed? or got heavier...

62 uncut isn t that heavy, i had some H2 and TG2 over 70.

Blue sponge is normally under 60 (high 50s)

charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 11:54am
Originally posted by ttrubberman ttrubberman wrote:

Originally posted by Rack Rack wrote:

Wow Neo H3 commercial better than the factory tuned?  I might have to dabble in it then.

Factory tuned Prov. H3 has better quality control, you got several pieces of the same hardness and thickness, they perform the same. But Commercial is commercial level, even you got the same hardness and thickness, they may perform a bit different, that's why Prov H3 is favorite of many players.

I says it is better than prov FT H3 is that the Neo H3 is really fast and spiny, true free from glue, the tuning is even better than the factory tuned of the old H3.

Looks like powerpingpong's theory of tuned Prov H3 is the new NEO is not so correct based on your review...

so they are really different things
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 12:25pm
I agree that Tuned Provincial and NEO Commercial are two different things. Never said that they were. I do think that the tuning (longer lasting tuning, unlike the BW2 tuning) on the Factory Tuned H3 Provincial is the same technology used on the NEOs. Provincial H3s were always more on the grippy side than the tacky side. Commercials were always on the tacky side. With grip, you get consistent control throughout the entire shot. Commercials, you have several blinds spots during the shot due to inconsistencies in the tackiness. That's why certain parts of the H3 Commercial will grab the ball longer than other parts.

I'm in my third session of testing these rubbers. I have them all on the same weight Clipper CR to provide a more controlled environment on my testing of the different variables (the 4 different NEOS rubbers). I'll be posting up video reviews shortly. Some pictures and videos are already up on my sites.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

So, Neo H3 + Ebenholz VII = Looping machine!

who said that?

Onaj sto ti jebo mamu u picku - Master_of_loops!

MOL - this is your last warning. If you don't want your account suspended, refrain from using swearwords even in obscure languages, OK? There are people here who understand you just fine...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 1:50pm
TG2 is really faster than H3? I didn't see that coming... unless it always was? (never used TG2)
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by cagaragesales cagaragesales wrote:

I'm in my third session of testing these rubbers. I have them all on the same weight Clipper CR to provide a more controlled environment on my testing of the different variables (the 4 different NEOS rubbers). I'll be posting up video reviews shortly. Some pictures and videos are already up on my sites.

I see nothing on your site yet, but I'm wondering who won the games in Hong Kong between rubberman you and boz :)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 10:09pm
The games were all fairly close. I don't remember the exact numbers as it was more of a friendship match than a competitive match, but I believe boz and I played two matches, and ttrubberman and I played 2 matches.

cagaragesales and bozbrisvegas:
1st match: 6-11, 10-12 (best of 3)
2nd match: 8-11, 11-8, 10-13(best of 5)

cagaragesales and ttrubberman:
1st match: (best of 3) 11-6, 22-20
2nd match: (best of 5) I don't remember the game points, except I remember we were tied 15-15 on the game. I won 3-2 in the match.

bozbrisvegas and ttrubberman:
1st match: (best of 3) I believe 11-7, 11-6

Keep in mind that it was not a competitive match, as I'm sure all of us would be playing different and would have come much more prepared.

Anyhow, does anyone know of a software I can use to convert .mov files to an uploadable file onto photobucket? I have all the videos(unedited) but it takes forever to upload them.
Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2009 at 3:23am
EJism rising...
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2009 at 5:45am
cagaragesales, hope to see your reviews on the 4 NEO rubbers soon :)

DHS claimed a boost of spin for NEO rubbers...

I'm pretty much interested to see which one out of the 4 rubbers has the best spin performance. Weight comparison against the old rubbers would be interesting as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2009 at 8:27am
Originally posted by cagaragesales cagaragesales wrote:

cagaragesales and ttrubberman:
1st match: (best of 3) 11-6, 22-20
2nd match: (best of 5) I don't remember the game points, except I remember we were tied 15-15 on the game. I won 3-2 in the match.

What a exciting game with you, friend!Wink
chocolate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 2:04pm
I am thinking of trying an H3 on my Clipper Classic. 

Which hardness should I try?  Is 40H 2.2 considedered the standard for these rubbers?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 9:02pm
Clipper? I think 40degree is good for most people.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 10:27pm

Edited by BeaverMD - 09/10/2021 at 8:08am
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 11:06pm
Stick them on youtube, get with the times:)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2009 at 11:09pm
LoL! I wish I could! Youtube is banned in China. Tommyzai and Hookshot is feeling the pain too!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 4:55am
Thanks BeaverMD!
Waldmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 9:46am
Schoeler-micke ( german tt-store ) have the neos already for sale. Somewhat confusing, since i still didn t find them on the big china-webshops or even the dhs-HP.
P�����������������������h
chocolate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2009 at 2:29am
Will Neo H3 pick up the ball?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic