Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What's your comment on Neo H2, H3, TG2 and TG3?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What's your comment on Neo H2, H3, TG2 and TG3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's your comment on Neo H2, H3, TG2 and TG3?
    Posted: 07/27/2009 at 2:16pm
If you have tried them, please post your review.

Personally, I have tried the H2, H3 and TG3. I will try the TG2 tomorrow. I wish I can make a more complete review on those new NEO rubbers.

I will post my review on my site and also here, on or before coming Wednesday.
Sponsored Links

mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2009 at 2:22pm
I would be interested to hear about the H3 neo, I've ordered a sheet myself the other day to try it out.
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2009 at 9:47pm
looking forward to the review....
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2009 at 9:50pm
I'llgo to the post office in one hour, if rubberman sent it a week ago I'll have it, if not then it's his own fault for me having no review tonight :)
But we will see

DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2009 at 10:51pm
I hope to get my rubber in tomorow :P.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 12:40am
I got mine :D
All I have to say so far is that the red sheet of H2 NEO weighs 62 grams on the official post office scales and I've also got to say. That it's by far the stickiest topsheet I've ever seen in my life. I could hardly remove it from the scales or the bench, or anything it touched......
:P

Plus it's a toxic smelling s o b, stunk out the whole place and made my eyes hurt. Dunno how that's 4 parts per million more like 4000

P.S I'm playing with it tonight but I've been awake since 3am so don't expect miricles

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 1:07am

They all stink like hell. Both old and new. When I opened the parcel it was like a chemical bomb exploded. Probably this is part of the new winning strategy. You will stink-shot the adversary before he knew.

DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 1:25am
Imago what are you used to using?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 1:27am
Originally posted by bagung bagung wrote:

looking forward to the review....

+1...

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 1:30am
Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

3 weeks ago got my first H2 and H3 com (absolute Schlager on Shark X686). Now waiting for the h3 neo pro and considering what else to give a try to - H Neo or TG Neo.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 2:51am
P.S the ITTF number on the H2 NEO is 24-002

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 4:22am
One more little update before I go play with this Neo h2, Tack demo

It's stupid tacky, so I hope it runs in before I play and yes incase you doubt your eyes that is the ball landing on the rubber and sticking everytime it bounces back up to the bat while upside down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onLQrkJBTVc

And now I'm going to play, seems the same as normal H2 to me so far, just a bit more tacky

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 5:41am
I like the tackyness 0.0
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 5:46am
wow quite alot of peple are getting the neo rubbers

i will be trying out the rubbers abit later, and iwill post some reviews at the link below MY LINK

thx
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:03am

nice! I like sticky!

I wonder among the NEOs, which one would generate the most spin....

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 11:17am
I'm back! give me ten minute rest and I'll type my review

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 11:47am

Review on Neo H2, H3 TG2 and TG3

July 28th, 2009

Finally, I have tested all Neo rubbers, although they are used in different blades, that�s not an ideal setting for testing. BTW, Here is my remarks:

Neo Hurricane 2:

This is a true Wang Liqin rubbers, fast and low looping, I can say this rubber is the fastest. However, I found that it�s not spiny, it�s not good for player who prefer high looping and low touching point. In the testing setting, it is glued with a Donic non-carbon 5-plywood, the blade is not fast but the speed of the forehand stroke is really impressed. I think it will be a good rubber for Hurricane King, fast looping.

Neo Hurricane 3:

This is the best Hurricane 3 I have tried in this year, it�s even better than the Provincial H3 factory tuned. It is fast, spiny and good in control, completely the feeling of the old #20 Hurricane 3 with speed glue, this rubber is the one I love most, I think this rubber is good for all H3 lovers. If this rubber is glued on a thick 5-plywood, it will be very powerful and spiny.

Neo Skyline 2:

The performance is similar to Hurricane 3, but it�s even faster. Faster on 2 parts: the ball bounce in and out the sponge is faster, and the speed is faster. I think the topsheet of Skyline 2 is thinner, it makes the rubber better on hand feeling, the rubber seems it is excited, the ball in and out into the sponge very fast, it is energized! Skyline 2 is pro on spin, it is as spiny as Hurricane 3 but faster. I think this rubber can work with 5-plywood like YEO very well.

Neo Skyline 3:

This is the best balanced rubbers, a mixed with Skyline 2 and Hurricane 2, it is fast and spiny. Actually, the performance of Skyline 2 and 3 are very closed, but skyline 3 is a bit faster but a bit not spiny as skyline 2. It is not significant, maybe I don�t have long enough time to test, and maybe they are used with different blade. BTW, I do think skyline series have thiner and better topsheet, so that they react faster.

As a conclude, Neo series is the best and new generation of rubbers so far, it�s true glue free, simply apply water glue on the blade, dry and put them together, that�s all. Booster? Tuner? There is no need.

There are some rumours that the glue must be removed, it will perform even better. It may be true because you can make a even thinner water glue on the sponge, it can improved a bit. However, the removing work is not easy, and trouble. Actually, I found no problem for not removing the glue in the test.

Finally, this is not a precise testing as I cannot get use all neo rubbers on the same blade, but I wish this article can help you all to understand more about Neo. Please feel free to post your comment, thanks.

http://blog.ttrubberman.com

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 12:08pm
Sounds fair :), I think H2 is a very good kind of rubber to be used without glue, getting more rebound on the Skylines probably makes them better than when non glued as they would be a lower powered rubber to begin with. But the Neo H2 is just pushing it a bit too far. Totally agree that they sound glued and go glued, for all intent are glued but I can see why the pros are still using boosted blue sponge

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 2:12pm
looks like the h2 is begining to become popular again
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 3:11pm
Wow Neo H3 commercial better than the factory tuned?  I might have to dabble in it then.
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 4:46pm
hmmm.... besides the spin...

I hope to know the weight as compared to old series...

anyone? :)
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 4:48pm
62 grams my sheet of H2 neo 2.15, I would guess the weight hasn't changed? or got heavier...

Waldmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

62 grams my sheet of H2 neo 2.15, I would guess the weight hasn't changed? or got heavier...

62 uncut isn t that heavy, i had some H2 and TG2 over 70.
P�����������������������h
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

3 weeks ago got my first H2 and H3 com (absolute Schlager on Shark X686). Now waiting for the h3 neo pro and considering what else to give a try to - H Neo or TG Neo.

Is that XiEnting Shark x686? did you post anywhere your impressions on it?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by ttrubberman ttrubberman wrote:

Neo Hurricane 3:

This is the best Hurricane 3 I have tried in this year, it’s even
better than the Provincial H3 factory tuned. It is fast, spiny and good
in control, completely the feeling of the old #20 Hurricane 3 with
speed glue, this rubber is the one I love most, I think this rubber is
good for all H3 lovers. If this rubber is glued on a thick 5-plywood,
it will be very powerful and spiny.

http://blog.ttrubberman.com

Even better than provincial pre tuned? thats pretty big words.
Butterfly Viscaria
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:50pm
So, Neo H3 + Ebenholz VII = Looping machine!
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

who said that?
Butterfly Viscaria
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

who said that?

Onaj sto ti jebo mamu u picku - Master_of_loops!
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 7:00pm

Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

who said that?

Onaj sto ti jebo mamu u picku - Master_of_loops!

thats...great
Butterfly Viscaria

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 9:24pm

Oh, I forgot to tell, I use Neo H3 with Ebenholz V in the review, wonderfully great!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic