Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 05/64 question.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05/64 question.
    Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:47am
On a slower OFF, medium soft feel, flexible blade like mine(see sig), how would Tenergy 05 1.9mm and Tenergy 64 1.9mm play?
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Sponsored Links

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 9:14am
I think TBS also have medium feel, If so.. then I don't think it plays well, depends on what you want. For looping I found T05 1.9 bad but it has "amazing" control you can almost return everything. I tried T05 on 2.1 again but this time on Amultart which is OFF+ and has a hard feel, it is a monster for looping!
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 9:40am
Amultart + Tenergy 05 or 64 = speed demon and will play well at mid court but not close to the table.
TBS + Tenergy 05 or 64 2.1mm good for close to table play and still have good power to hit at mid court once in a while.
If you like high arc and loop and smash alot then choose 05
Low arc loop and smash choose 64
Lionel.Looper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel.Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 10:06am
I have been playing with Pro-Top Carbon King Jpen blade with Stiga Boost TC unglued, loving to do brushing loop (more friction, less knocking), the throw angle is reasonable, and I need to commit to certain fast brushing speed and thin brush (without much knocking) to topspin a heavy backspin ball to clear the net.  Throw angle is considered medium in my existing equipment set up.

One evening, I tried my friend's Primorac Carbon and Tenergy 05 holding it with penhold style.  He served backspin to me, I topspin the ball using my usual habitual thin brushing spin stroke.  Woooww...amazing to say, the first time in my table tennis play I feel the T05 rubber firmly gripped the ball at contact, hence giving the ball tremendous amount of spin which I could not feel with other equipment.  The first bounce of the ball clearing the net with sufficient margin (signifying higher throw), but with slower flight speed comparing to my Boost TC. 

At first I thought, with such higher throw arc in the air and noticeably slower flight speed, where would the ball land on opponent's table?  Amazed!!!  The super high spin makes the ball dipped down under aerodynamic theory to opponent's table, with still around 18cm to spare before missing the table edge.  After the ball touched the table, I was very joyous to see the second bounce so low and accelerated forward due to the high spin, and a noticeable curved of path (perhaps I had put in some sidespin topspin which I was unaware of).

When I tried to serve with T05 on Primorac Carbon with reasonably heavy backspin (just like what I normally served with my Boost TC), my friend pushed the ball back to me, and due to such heavy backspin serving to him, his push coming back with Newton's 3rd Law in place --> that means ... heavy back spin to me!  It was so heavy that I top spin with T05 but failed to clear the net!

I only used his racquet combination (Primorac Carbon + T05) for about 6 minutes before the security guard asked us to vacate the table due to time up.  But that 6 minutes last week was giving me so much hope alive that I have been looking for a high throw combination, and most likely it is about there, T05 might be the answer....

However, would like to say, in terms of flight speed, definitely Boost TC on Pro-Top Carbon King Jpen is much faster!  Although spin rate noticeably slower than Primorac Carbon-T05 combo.  In terms of noticeable responses:  eg.  feel in hand during ball contact, distinctive awareness of a high spin being imparted, and noticeable flight path change and sudden dip in low angle second bounce with high spin, T05 provides all the clear response.  It is due to this clear response that when I touched the ball at more brushing topspin, my mind told me "It is sure to clear the net!", and the ball cleared the net!  When I top spin with Boost TC, I could not feel this conviction and assurance of clearing the net.
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 11:17am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

On a slower OFF, medium soft feel, flexible blade like mine(see sig), how would Tenergy 05 1.9mm and Tenergy 64 1.9mm play?

When I tried T05 on soft feel blade, it did not play so well.  It did not have that kicking or bouncing feeling from either the blade or rubber.  I had to swing so wide and so hard to get the ball over the net.  However, T64 on soft feel blades worked quite opposite.  Nice solid feeling when blocking and looping from mid distance to far from the table.

Then I tried T05 and T64 on Andro Kinetic Carbon blade and it was such a great combo.  Too bad that Andro did not make that blade anymore.  The blade has med hard feel and Carbon provides extra kick for T05 and makes T64 a little bit too fast.

Since T05 is heavy, I also tried to switch to 1.9mm to bring down the weight but it is not worth it.  1.9mm only ~ 3grs lighter than 2.1mm but the feel when you do the looping is a lot less.  But T64 in 1.9mm or even 1.7mm might be enough for BH coz its sponge is quite bouncy.

Just my observation.

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:45pm
Thanks!
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:58pm
how does T25 compare to them?
I don't see a lot of reviews on it :/

Hurricane Hao III
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

how does T25 compare to them?
I don't see a lot of reviews on it :/

Also I want to hear something about T25
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2009 at 11:01pm
  T25 is very close to T05.  It is a little faster and throws a little lower with a little bit less spin (still very spinny though).  Feel is very similar.  T64 is definitely the odd man out.  
bros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 11:10am
For me t25 is good than 05 on off cr blade for fh,specially for drive,for loop i think are same power.
coz if i get open loop and after that i need to hit that ball with drive, 05 can't give me killing drive but 25 is good enough.(why good enough,coz 25 can give more, if i change w/lil bit hard bat or composite bat.)
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 11:32am
Thanks guys, I bought T25 already and it should arrive in my mailbox in 2-3 days max.. I really didn't like T05 high throw when playing close to the table, but each step you take back I could unleash nice loops kills. But I'm afraid that I'll have bad time trying to clear the net with T25.

Hurricane Hao III
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 1:04pm
I recently put a sheet of 25 on the bh of my ZLF to replace 05. (Both 1.9.) I wanted to do more testing before making an official review, but here's my initial thoughts:

Feel: 25 feels softer, or the ball sits on the rubber longer than 05. Tenergy 05 is simply a tighter spring than 25.

Spin:
05 has more reaction to spin and for serves and service returns it feels spinnier. I couldn't tell the difference in spin on loops, but...

Throw angle: I don't want to start a debate, but on my bh it seems like 25 has a higher throw angle than 05 when looping. 05's harder feel makes the ball bounce off faster, while 25 the ball sinks into the sponge for longer, so maybe that accounts for the impression of a higher throw angle. But again, 05 has more reaction to spin at slow speed like service receive so maybe you could say 05 has a higher throw angle in the slow speed part of the game?

I originally bought 25 because I wanted a little lower throw angle than 05 for my backhand, and at first I was dissapointed because the first thing I noticed was that my bh loops and counters were shooting off and diving down like a high throw angle shot with lots of topspin... More than with 05. However the more I played with 25, I didn't mind because its has a softer feeling and less reaction to oncoming spin. The softer feeling seems to give me a little more control on my bh.

Speed: I felt a little more speed with 25 with a regular or big swing, but I have to say because of its harder feeling and reaction to spin, 05 feels faster on touch shots, pushes, serves, etc... If that makes any sense!? (I flipped and used 25 on my fh for comparison.)

25 truly sounds and feels like a fresh speed glued rubber. Its got that squeaky click sound when you bounce the ball on it.

25 is a different animal. I'll need to test it for longer.

Note: The ZLF is a very flexible blade so I would recommend someone review 25 on a more traditional or medium feeling blade like a TBS, or even a hard feeling blade, before reaching a conclusion about the performance of it.

I'm guessing it will feel very nice on a harder blade because of its softer feel than 05.

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 1:42pm
Thanks a lot LOOPMEISTER!!
do you think T25 2.1 will feel nice on Amultart and if its better for a short game?

Hurricane Hao III
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 3:16pm

do you think T25 2.1 will feel nice on Amultart and if its better for a short game?
I haven't tried it on a thick/hard blade but I'm guessing it will be good. Looping with 05 is easy on almost any blade, but its difficult to have finesse with 05 on hard/fast blades sometimes. 25 is probably slightly better in this regard.

After my next tournament I want to try 25 on the fh of my Photino. That blade is very close to the Amultart in construction (minus the carbon).

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2009 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

I haven't tried it on a thick/hard blade but I'm guessing it will be good. Looping with 05 is easy on almost any blade, but its difficult to have finesse with 05 on hard/fast blades sometimes. 25 is probably slightly better in this regard.After my next tournament I want to try 25 on the fh of my Photino. That blade is very close to the Amultart in construction (minus the carbon).

Thanks for your help, good luck with your tournament

Hurricane Hao III
Aeros 1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeros 1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2009 at 3:59am
Sallom89: "I think TBS also have medium feel, If so.. then I don't think it plays well, depends on what you want. For looping I found T05 1.9 bad but it has "amazing" control you can almost return everything"
Thaile: "When I tried T05 on soft feel blade, it did not play so well"      

... disagree, we were trying T05 with soft or medium soft (event.medium) feel blade , e.g. Avalox Ma Wenge, Avalox P700, Butterfly TB Spark, ALC, Spirit and all of them played very well in terms of spin, speed and feel both close and far from the table. Thickness 1,9mm is pretty enough both for ofensive and controlled play.

Sadius:"TBS + Tenergy 05 or 64 2.1mm good for close to table play and still have good power to hit at mid court once in a while.If you like high arc and loop and smash alot then choose 05.Low arc loop and smash choose 64." ...agree

Sallom89: "I really didn't like T05 high throw when playing close to the table, but each step you take back I could unleash nice loops kills. But I'm afraid that I'll have bad time trying to clear the net with T25. "
LOOPMEISTER: "I originally bought 25 because I wanted a little lower throw angle than 05 for my backhand..."

- I also solved this problem (high throw, balls flyed off) with my Bh blocks and tell you one thing: it�all about training, drill, drill and technique and in my case change to 1,9mm from 2,1mm. now I�m very satisfied with T05.

our observations to Tenergy 25: blades Ma Wenge, P700, ALC: we really didn�t like this rubber from first moment, it was relatively hard and slow, lazy, dull, good only for smash, drive and chop close to the table, not good for euro-looping style and mid or far from the table play. I think it�s due to  T25 pimple structure, you have to open angle of blade more and push the ball moving more forward. However one friend of mine glued T25 to Kong LingHui Special and was quite satisfied with this combo. So our assumption is: T25 is for allround passive play close to the table with many chops, drive and smashes or offensive play including off+ blades, finding suitable blade (like in case of every type of Tenergy) is necessary.

Ignito & Tenergy 05

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2009 at 4:23am
Thanks Aeros, that helped ;)

Hurricane Hao III
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2009 at 5:17am
what rubber BW2?
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic