FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy on Septear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beowulf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beowulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy on Septear
    Posted: 08/12/2009 at 12:50am
Hi..!! I am getting a sheet of red Tenergy 2.1 from a friend. It is not brand new but he has used it for 3-4 times only. I want to put it on my favorite blade which is Nittaku Septear. Has anybody tried this combination..?? I am not putting it on straight away because I have never played with Tenergy before and  I have heard that the sponge is really delicate. Hence I am asking this before trying it..!!Wink
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
              Beowulf

Blade : Michael Maze ALC
F/H : Andro Hexer 2.1
B/H : Haifu Shark II Soft Max
Sponsored Links

riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2009 at 5:39am
I tried Tenergy 05 1.9 on FH of Septear and found the setup too stiff, but then Im used to the Flex of a Jonyer H with Softer rubbers than Tenergy. I didnt like it but It might be ok for you
LittleFish.Net View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2009 at 9:50am
The Tenergy sponge is hard and not that delicate at all. I have peeled and re-attached one of my Tenergy rubbers 4 times without any damage. The top sheet, however, will rip easy if it make contact with the table or other objects.
Violin CPen/FH:T05 2.1/BH:T64 1.9
W-6 CPen/FH:IQUL 2.2/BH:IQUL SV 2.0
beowulf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beowulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 5:43am
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

I tried Tenergy 05 1.9 on FH of Septear and found the setup too stiff, but then Im used to the Flex of a Jonyer H with Softer rubbers than Tenergy. I didnt like it but It might be ok for you

Hi Riker,
              I am of the opinion that Septear is very soft and has very good control. I was told by one of my friends that Tenergy 05 works best on a stiff blade and hence, I was asking this question. I think the Joyner H must be still softer than Septear.
              So what are other's opinion...?? Does Tenergy 05 works well with a soft blade or a hard blade..??
              Thanks in advance.

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 10:22am

i have tried it on two stiff,soft blades,kiso hinoki and samsanov alpha and it was better on the hinoki blade for me but not enough to stick with,i think it was designed for alc which is thinner with more flex,not sure about the feel but i`m guessing harder than the above mentioned blades

Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

wizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 10:34am
beowulf - ur spot on there, Septear is very very soft and has great control (well mainly cos it's not that fast).

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with Tenergy on the septear, it will give you that fraction more dwell time that really helps with looping with Tenergy.

Tenergy is probably one of the more durable new gen rubbers out there so it'll be fine with almost any abuse you throw at it.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2009 at 1:52pm
imo... hard sponged rubbers don't do very well with soft feel blades.

i don't know the top ply of spetear... if it is hinoki or juniper, it should be fine. or even if it is very thin and hs a carbon-composite layer right below it, it should be fine too..
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
beowulf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beowulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2009 at 1:00am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

imo... hard sponged rubbers don't do very well with soft feel blades.

i don't know the top ply of spetear... if it is hinoki or juniper, it should be fine. or even if it is very thin and hs a carbon-composite layer right below it, it should be fine too..

Hi Debraj,
                Septear is a 7 ply blade and all the plies are Hinoki.  There is no carbon or any other material in this blade. It is not too slow but has got excellent speed when the ball is hit hard enough. I think Tenergy should work on this blade.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic