Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

want a good booster to try

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want a good booster to try
    Posted: 08/23/2009 at 1:29pm
I  am looking for a good booster to try . Please help.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Sponsored Links

Dafydd393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2009 at 1:55pm
You are aware that boosters are illegal in competive play? If you are not playing in tournaments where you bat will be tested/checked then I would recomend Tibhar Clean Tune Extra.
Blade - Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL
Fh - Boost TC 2.0mm
Bh - Boost TC 2.0mm
yorsh82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yorsh82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2009 at 12:23pm
2 layers of falco tempo booster every 3 weeks plus one layer of falco speed glue (VOC free) every week = almost the same old speed glue feeling =)
searching for a good blade/rubber....comming back after 4 years of no TT at all..... :(
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2009 at 2:42pm
I know that newgy did a lot of testing a year ago or so and spintech was one of the ones that passed. Maybe the only one. It doesn't seem that strong of effect, but maybe that's why it passes. Lamp oil on the other hand has a huge effect, but I'm not sure if it will pass.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2009 at 2:57pm
i use paraffin/lamp oil on my BH rubber because i have stock of old pre-glue ban rubbers, otherwise i would just change my BH as i have already changed to newer generation rubber on my FH, paraffin oil has good effect and i usually put it on about a week before the tourney then attach with tear mender, have passed enez more than once
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2009 at 2:19am
what is tear mender ?
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2009 at 6:05am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

I  am looking for a good booster to try . Please help.

Why would you want to try a booster when they are illegal once applied to the rubbers.Confused
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2009 at 6:25am
I'm using donic speed optimizer, but I get it in a bottle without any text on it, so I can't tell exactly. but effect is really good
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2009 at 11:50am
Read somewhere on ttrubbermans site that he is willing to share his tuning secret. I am ready.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2009 at 3:18pm
If there weren't "factory tuned" rubbers then I wouldn't tune.  But I figure if they're going to allow a factory to do it, then I can do it. 

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2009 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

what is tear mender ?

Cheap water-based glue from hardware store. Not sure if it's available outside of the US.
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2009 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

If there weren't "factory tuned" rubbers then I wouldn't tune.  But I figure if they're going to allow a factory to do it, then I can do it. 
great point! it just isnt really that enforceable since you can tune and pass enez, maybe if you tune too much on a already thick sponge and topsheet they will see that it is over the max thickness, just dont put it around the edges, or move to a faster blade and thinner sponge to accomodate for the tuner, i have heard they check for uneveness on the topsheet for those not putting around the edge, from what i have noticed when i put it on about a week out, there isnt much uneveness left and the effect is still there, i have also heard they might check the length of logo, again just dont put it over where the logo is, probably even easier to hide any leftover uneveness, i have also heard from other players that have been back to europe that at some tourneys the cork sound associated with speed glue is just as loud if not louder and it isnt from newer generation rubbers, many people including high level players are just ignoring this ban, i think soon it will be done away with
BTY Viscaria FL

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2009 at 9:54am
I don't think the "letter" of the law will ever be done away with.  It's there for legal purposes to protect the ittf from being sued.  And maybe just to give them some sense of moral high ground.

BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2009 at 10:34am
true, i can see that, to be honest the whole process of tuning is annoying, it is more time consuming than speed gluing, i just might give it up and use the same rubber that im not tuning for my FH on my BH, if i was a serious pro (which im far off from haha) i would for sure be tuning unless butterfly was throwing free tenergy at me
BTY Viscaria FL

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2009 at 4:24pm
So what do you guys recomend?
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
judelam168 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judelam168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 8:58pm
Quote Originally posted by chris.b40

what is tear mender ?

Cheap water-based glue from hardware store. Not sure if it's available outside of the US.

You can buy them on www.amazon.com.  I use it exclusively now to glue rubber.
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 9:03pm
Well if you are going to tune, use Xylene, Toluene (ie laquer thinner), Napthalene etc. After all, when not in tournament who is going to check, right cheaters?
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 10:12pm
Well, those are chemicals I do try to stay away from.  The first two that is. They work good but they're really toxic.  And I think in this post speed glue era it would be embarassing to have my racket stinking the way those chems stink.  ONe thing about tuner, it's pretty odorless.  And I just take it to the level where its' just barely corking.  Doesnt' take much wiht the really soft sponge I use.  Nothing as loud as when I was gluing when I used to try to make my stuff sound like mambo.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 10:16pm
Oh, yeah, I bougth a big jar of the haifu oil.  I'll try to let you guys know how it works compared to lamp oil and spintech tuner...the only two I've tried. 

figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 10:23pm
cole_ely

but here is the kicker. If you actually use the xylene and the aromatics against a tuner. The Aromatics will be leaps and bounds better than the booster tuners. SHort duration but a heck of a lot better. And particularly Xylene is the one that gives the "cork" sound that has yet to be replicated. Last time I heard that was with the BtY Super Chack in the late 80's/early 90's or when I used Xylene straight up.

In the end, tuner or aromatics. both are cheating. If you are cheating, minus well cheat with the good stuff ;)
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 10:31pm
as long as you don't plan to be sniffed I guess.

Cant argue the fact that the stronger chemicals = stronger effect.  No doubt.  Tire patch glue was the best.  Trichloroethelyne or somethign like that.  Usually I can't remember the name. I'm proud of myself.

Also, I dont' get sniffed but I dont want something so blatant that it stinks up the place and cracks out loud.  But I get your point.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic