FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

China National Team players compete at CCTTA - Event Date: 09/26/2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: China National Team players compete at CCTTA
    Posted: 09/02/2009 at 1:19am
In the weekend of September 26th, CCTTA welcomes members of China National Team, Canada National Team and other players to exhibit high calibre of table tennis.  CCTTA is please to share the itinerary with you.

Thursday, September 24th
    Players and coach of China National Table Tennis Team arrived Toronto from Beijing

Friday, September 25th
    Morning:     China National Team players will practice at C.C.T.T.A.
    noon:        press conference
    Afternoon:    China National Team visit Markham Civic Centre and Councillors
    Evening:    China National Team to have dinner with Chinese Consulates

Saturday, September 26th (Exhibition Team Matches)
    12:30 pm     Doors open, admission ticket required
    1:00 pm    Men's Team Match -  China vs Canada
        Team Match - China Women Team vs CCTTA
        Fans Appreciation - 3 point game, best of 3 with prizes, limit to 10 entries

Sunday, September 27th (Singles Matches)
    12:30 pm     Doors open, admission ticket required
    1:00 pm        knock-out singles of 16 players, including players of China National Team, Canadian National Team, and players from CCTTA
        Prizes totals of  $5000
    7:00 pm     Closing banquet at Miu Garden, Market Village, 4390 Steeles Ave. E. Markham, with National Team members, live band and karaoke
        advance ticket required, $28.80 each person

Monday, Sept. 28th 
    Tour of Toronto and Niagara Falls with China National Team members
    Admission tickets are $20 (general; $10 for CCTTA members) and $38 (VIP)

Tickets can be purchased at CCTTA, 1181 Denison St. Unit 6 - 9, Markham, ON, Canada
    Tel: 905-475-8899

Table Tennis Super Forum - MyTableTennis.NET

Sponsored Links

729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2009 at 1:23am
Wow, a big event indeed for Canadians in Toronto.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2009 at 1:37am
Which players will attend? Most of the national team members will compete in the Chinese National Games during that week (the team competition runs 9/24-28). That's a very important event in China.
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2009 at 2:53am
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Which players will attend? Most of the national team members will compete in the Chinese National Games during that week (the team competition runs 9/24-28). That's a very important event in China.

yes, you are right. 9/24-28 will be the finals of China National Games. All the top players will not be able to come.

The players and coaches coming will be:
1. Coach: Lu Yuansheng
2. Player: Yu Shiqin (male)
3. Player: Wang Zhe (male)
4. Player: Zhao Xue (female)
5. Player: Wang Yixiao (female)

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2009 at 3:05am
doesn't matter. all those people will still be able to beat everyone with their opposite hand and a shoe.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2009 at 3:32am

Are they the National B Team?  I know theres an A team and a B team.

Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
LoopingAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoopingAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2009 at 9:31am
most likely B
Butterfly Cutlass
Tenergy 05 2.1mm
TSP Curl P1-R 0.5mm
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 2:12am
Alex,

Do you know which Canadian Team members will be playing?

Also, is the $20 ticket for both Saturday and Sunday? or is it $20 each day?

Thanks in advance
JRS
729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 3:31am
The exhibition team matches is tomorrow (Saturday)

This will be followed by the Singles Matches on Sunday.
stanleyhu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanleyhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 7:45am
$20 ticket is for one day.
We picked them up yesterday and they are going to practice at our club this morning.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 11:15am
Stanley,

Thanks - Do you know who they will be playing on Saturday?

Regards
JRS
stanleyhu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanleyhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 1:58pm
China National Men's Team vs Canada National Men's Team
China National Women's Team vs CCTTA Men's Team
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 5:38pm
We can buy at the door right? Can we taking photos during competition ..no flash naturally.
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 6:02pm
yes, tickets are available at the door too. You can take photos with no flash.

I will be coaching the CCTTA men's team on Saturday. And myself will be playing in the Singles event on Sunday. The singles is 16 players elimination. According to the draw today, my first match is against Wang Zhe (the tall slim guy). I had practiced with him this morning. I know I am going to lose for sure, but I hope I can get one game from him :)

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 6:16pm

Originally posted by alexli alexli wrote:

yes, tickets are available at the door too. You can take photos with no flash.

I will be coaching the CCTTA men's team on Saturday. And myself will be playing in the Singles event on Sunday. The singles is 16 players elimination. According to the draw today, my first match is against Wang Zhe (the tall slim guy). I had practiced with him this morning. I know I am going to lose for sure, but I hope I can get one game from him :)

dont lose hope alex! you can take him! lol

you should record it for the forum. That would be awesome.

The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 11:38pm
it's okay alex, i can help you out with your game, i'll turn on my flash during your game :)

as long as i get my $20 back after i get booted LOL
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2009 at 3:07pm
Okay, here is the result of my match against the China national team player Zhe Wang in the Singles event on Sunday. I lost to him 0-3, but every game was very close. The scores were: 11-13, 10-12, 8-11. I was leading a few times but had no luck to keep it to the end. I would say I have done my best, they are very good.

Zhe Wang plays Haifu Whale II on his forehand and Bryce on his backhand. I play Haifu Whale III on my forehand and Haifu Shark II on my backhand (RPB).

Videos are available in below:

Game 1

Game 2 & 3

(the battery was out during Game 3)

kentyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2009 at 3:21pm
thanks for posting!! Great match!
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2009 at 3:44pm
Great footage Alex. That guy's bh is a killer.

729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2009 at 10:25pm
Great coverage, Alex.
Thanks for the posts and do not feel bad as these China players are the top in the game.
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2009 at 11:05pm
great match alex! any chance you post the final or give a link?

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 9:49am
My camera was out of battery during my 3rd game, so I couldn't record the final match. The final match was between Yu Shiqin (China) and Pierre-Luc Hinse(Canada). It was a great match, Yu won 4-1. If someone sends me the video, I will post it here too. 

fahad007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahad007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2010 at 7:37pm
I enjoyed watching that. Yeh the chinese guys rock at table tennis. for some reason chinese are good at all raket games ???
table tennis net is a blog dedicated to table tennis. Find tips, video tutorials, reviews, articles and more. Check it out now
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 6:43am
Alex,

It was great to see you play especially since I've had the pleasure of playing with you once and knowing first hand how well you play.  What was interesting was the differences in how I perceived your service when we played versus what I thought I was seeing on the video.   Even HD video on YouTube rarely shows just how dynamic some serves and spins are. 

It looked in the video like you were almost exclusively serving side+top/bottom spin single bounce to his backhand where he would open with his BH loop. 

I couldn't tell if you were trying to out-spin or vary the spin to confuse his opening loop but appeared the he was using the pace on the ball help give him a better grip on it for his loop.

When we played, you were almost exclusively using double bounce side+top/bottom spin serves, and most of them to the same corner. 

In the real match on the video, were you actually serving double bounce serves that he was still attacking?  

Galaxy T1 89 gm

FH: HRT Huaruite Wujilong 2 - Dragon 2 II, Max, Black

Donic Acuda S2, Max, Red
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

Alex,

It was great to see you play especially since I've had the pleasure of playing with you once and knowing first hand how well you play.  What was interesting was the differences in how I perceived your service when we played versus what I thought I was seeing on the video.   Even HD video on YouTube rarely shows just how dynamic some serves and spins are. 

It looked in the video like you were almost exclusively serving side+top/bottom spin single bounce to his backhand where he would open with his BH loop. 

I couldn't tell if you were trying to out-spin or vary the spin to confuse his opening loop but appeared the he was using the pace on the ball help give him a better grip on it for his loop.

When we played, you were almost exclusively using double bounce side+top/bottom spin serves, and most of them to the same corner. 

In the real match on the video, were you actually serving double bounce serves that he was still attacking?  

You are right, I was trying to put more spin and vary the spin in my service, and he BH loop was not killing me so it didn't bother me a lot. But your points are making senses. I should have varied my services with different placements too, so that I might get some chances to attack myself instead of playing defensive.

tennisfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 8:07pm
Nice match Alex
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2011 at 11:05pm
alexli do you tune your haifu rubbers?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic