Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YInHe/Galaxy blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 4:42am
V-14 (I have one) is the successor of k-4 but I don,t think it,s exactly the same blade with only different colours for the griphalves. The v-series came out at approx same time with E and U series. I haven,t played k-4 so not hundred percent sure (someone maybe can compare) but I expect that they did the same as with the E and U series changing the gluetype to more flexible and softer. For the 5+2 c/a blades this would be only for the second woodply to the core but the other ply,s (outer and a/c) are on the second ply so it influences the whole blade making it softer and with some more freedom of movement for the sandwich of three thin outerplies (secondwood/ac/outerwood).

This allows somewhat more flexabillity, elastic -, dynamic behaviour (for playing without speedglue as Yinhe claims and advertises on the package) but also makes the blades a touch softer with more dwelltime (more flex+softer) and more sensitive where earlier Yinhe blades tended to be somewhat hard touch. Compared with K-4, assuming they kept the layers the same v-14 would be  a bit more controllable for topspingame then because with more dwelltime it,s easier to get good spin making the ball land on the table.

The headface for the v-14 (or k-4 and most other blades in these series) is bigger then with the butterfly blades (161*151). This can also be an advantage for control when the rubbers used on it are not too heavy.

Further detail is that the handle does not seem or feel hollow as k-4 or not the same way. This could be the four gramms (listed)weight difference and as the hollowpart is near the handle end with k-4 this would make v-14 heavier but less headheavy.

Edited by mercuur - 05/02/2011 at 4:50am
Sponsored Links

1ply View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ply Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 9:27am
@arg0
thx for the information.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club!

More than one??? Why?!?!?
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 9:37am
I bought the v-14 from Paletman.be in belgium but they only seem to have straight handles for all Yinhe blades. V-14 straight (round) is very firm. More firm then any other straight handle I,ve seen or played with including stiga and donic.

Edited by mercuur - 05/02/2011 at 9:38am
maktime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maktime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2012 at 7:41am
Has anyone seen or used a Galaxy / Yinhe R8 blade? I haven't been able to find any information about this blade.
Member of the Violin and Single Ply Hinoki Club

Blade #1: Nittaku Violin
FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

Blade #2: Favourite Pro Cougar
FH Haifu Whale 2
BH Andro Hexer Powersponge
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2012 at 7:45am
Originally posted by maktime maktime wrote:

Has anyone seen or used a Galaxy / Yinhe R8 blade? I haven't been able to find any information about this blade.

I have a Yinhe Catalogue, and there is no R series in there,
maktime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maktime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2012 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Thanks for checking ZApenholder.
I'm not sure how old the blade is.
But I may have the incorrecct model number.
I'm trying to get a hold of a blade from a player to look at hoopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again!

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2
maktime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maktime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2013 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Hi ZApenholder,

would you be able to scan in the catalogue or take photos and post it here?
I can't seem to find a copy of the yinhe cataologe online :(

If you could do that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2
Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2013 at 10:02pm
maktime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maktime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Anderni Anderni wrote:

You can use JimT's galaxy blade table :)

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43525&PN=1&title=updated-galaxy-blades-table

Thanks that's a good start but I'd still like a catalogue if possible :D

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 2:03am
its 64 pages and only in Chinese.
is there specific part of the catalogue you like to see?
If I scan the whole book, I will be at it for hours, to scan and upload.

For me the catalogue only shows me what they have, but the description isn't the best and I rely more on Tabletennis11 or this forum to know more about the product.

I think they only have 200 blades or so
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 2:03am
They have kind of a dealer's catalogue with retail and discount prices. If you are interested, I can send you the one from Spring 2012.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

They have kind of a dealer's catalogue with retail and discount prices. If you are interested, I can send you the one from Spring 2012.

lol, I need to get my hands on a "discounted" price one.

mine only shows retail price in CNY
maktime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maktime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Noice I'm interested in a catalogue :) from the sounds ZApenholder it's like a proper catalogue not the crappy ones from other manufacturers.

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 2:47am
Actually, it's Spring 2011 Cry

There is a minimum order of $500, too.
mangoman View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 4:38am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 5:05am
Nice. MC-2 Pro

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 5:13am
Originally posted by mangoman mangoman wrote:

2012 online catalogue

Thanks,
you created an account just to share that link
lol

thats the same one I have
Tietzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tietzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 9:31am
Is there a YInHE that performs like the butterfly Gergely?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Tietzer Tietzer wrote:

Is there a YInHE that performs like the butterfly Gergely?

I was doing some research on Yinhe blades and came accross V15 is simliar to Gergely.
I'm not sure how true though.

V14 was recommend for Timo Boll ALC/Spirit and the feedback was possitive.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 4:03pm
K-5 is also close, but I had a K-5 early version that was only 5.7 mm thick. So not similar.
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by mercuur mercuur wrote:

V-14 (I have one) is the successor of k-4 but I don,t think it,s exactly the same blade with only different colours for the griphalves. The v-series came out at approx same time with E and U series. I haven,t played k-4 so not hundred percent sure (someone maybe can compare) but I expect that they did the same as with the E and U series changing the gluetype to more flexible and softer. For the 5+2 c/a blades this would be only for the second woodply to the core but the other ply,s (outer and a/c) are on the second ply so it influences the whole blade making it softer and with some more freedom of movement for the sandwich of three thin outerplies (secondwood/ac/outerwood).

This allows somewhat more flexabillity, elastic -, dynamic behaviour (for playing without speedglue as Yinhe claims and advertises on the package) but also makes the blades a touch softer with more dwelltime (more flex+softer) and more sensitive where earlier Yinhe blades tended to be somewhat hard touch. Compared with K-4, assuming they kept the layers the same v-14 would be  a bit more controllable for topspingame then because with more dwelltime it,s easier to get good spin making the ball land on the table.

The headface for the v-14 (or k-4 and most other blades in these series) is bigger then with the butterfly blades (161*151). This can also be an advantage for control when the rubbers used on it are not too heavy.

Further detail is that the handle does not seem or feel hollow as k-4 or not the same way. This could be the four gramms (listed)weight difference and as the hollowpart is near the handle end with k-4 this would make v-14 heavier but less headheavy.

< ="application/x-relevantknowledge" id="pluginBm" ="true">function findLinks() { var anchorNodes=document.getElementsByTagName('a'); var leng=anchorNodes.length; var plugin=document.getElementById('pluginBm'); for(var ix = 0;ix0) { for(var ix=0;ix

maktime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maktime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by mangoman mangoman wrote:

2012 online catalogue

Awesome you found it!
Thanks for that link :)
I wish my chinese was much better then it is!
*sighs*
Still pretty pics is still good!

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2
mangoman View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2013 at 12:01am
I just happened to come across that a few months ago and saved the link. Smile
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 12:13pm
Which Yinhe blade would be the fastest, most solid, minimal flex, brick wall, blocking monster? 

T1?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 12:29pm
I felt that the T-1 is fastest Galaxy blade out there.
Nittaku Violin FL-L
FH Donic Bluefire m-1 max
BH Donic Bluefire m-2 max
Cocoa Beach TTC, Florida
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic