Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do I fill a hollow handle with?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rupertgriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupertgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do I fill a hollow handle with?
    Posted: 09/05/2009 at 5:54pm
Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 6:39pm
Interesting,Ialso would like to know.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 6:42pm
u might wanna try "Insulation foam" in pressurized can from HomeDepot?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 7:31pm
i do not know if my hands are very sensitive but in my experience it does not work.

i remember andro blades and some others brands with filled handles and i didnt like those handles. the only hollow handle i like are the donic ones in the octharov off and wsenso ultra carbon fl v1. I think it is because even hollow the plate is there and the building is quite solid. however i dont like donic baum senso st handle, etc etc.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 7:59pm
lol you're not supposed to fill the hollow handle. It's hollow to reduce the overall weight and make the blade head-heavy. If you don't like it, just buy a non-WRB (or whatever they call it for that brand) version of the blade.
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by rupertgriffin rupertgriffin wrote:

Any suggestions?
This all depends if you want to change the balance & weight of the blades.

If its the weight and balance this is what I have done in the past.
use liquid Fiberglass resin, but remember that it will only add 2 - 3 grams, if you need more then add some round fishing sinkers somewhere in between the resin. By this it will have to be a 2 stage procedure.

1. Fill with resin untill you achive where you want the weight to be, and let dry.

2. drop the weight in, and fill the rest.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 8:50pm

Any suggestions?

Try air.  That seems to work best.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

i do not know if my hands are very sensitive but in my experience it does not work.

i remember andro blades and some others brands with filled handles and i didnt like those handles. the only hollow handle i like are the donic ones in the octharov off and wsenso ultra carbon fl v1. I think it is because even hollow the plate is there and the building is quite solid. however i dont like donic baum senso st handle, etc etc.

The Baum Senso Carrera is not a good blade.  It combines a lack of touch/feel with too much speed / too little control.  Its stiff without purpose.

The blade doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities.  Well, maybe it looks OK if you put 8 - 10 coats of high-gloss varnish on it and hang it on the wall.  But its not worth the glue it takes to slap a couple of pieces of rubber on it to test.

Don't ask me what I REALLY think.  Wink

Thumbs%20Down
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 10:22pm
   I once tried lead.  That blade was not head-heavy.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

I once tried lead.  That blade was not head-heavy.

LOL!!

LOL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 12:15am
Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

Any suggestions?
Try air.� That seems to work best.

another useless post.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 2:17am
Follow the example of Donic - they put and remove little steel blocks.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 3:10am
Listen to rob and use polyester resin, I think its the most wood like substance you will find (as far as vibration and harmonics go) plus it's easy to get and use

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 3:56am
i used expanding foam from b and q,the weight added is minimal,the vibration is reduced
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 10:00am
http://www.pcepoxy.com/woodproducts/woodpcwoody.php

PC Woody worked for me... filled in an original Wavestone.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 10:07am
Personally i would advise you to think again before filling in the handle. It isn't as simple as changing the feel. You also change :

1) balance point of blade. Now, that is very much underestimated. An unbalanced blade will be harder to control for some (relative to people) etc.

2) weight of blade. This might not be substantial depending on what you choose to feel the blade with. However, it might still contribute to you needing two new lighter rubbers etc, which might mean you are just better off with a new blade.

3) lastly, the feel you are trying to change. Different things you add will have different feel. A mate of mine once tried to feel a wrb blade with some foamy thing and he said the feeling absolutely sucks.

my advice? buy a non-hollow one if you don't like it.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 11:06am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Any suggestions?

another useless post.

You have been making a lot of them lately.  And your latest one adds to that long list of wasted bandwidth you are creating.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 6:39pm

Any suggestions?

another useless post.

You have been making a lot of them lately.  And your latest one adds to that long list of wasted bandwidth you are creating.

You are full of It. Lets settle this over a match of Table Tennis. I'll give you 5 start. LOLLOLLOL

ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 7:02pm
Woah, looks like TT Heat. You might want to try grinding up cork and then mixing that with epoxy, then stuffing it (airtight) into the handle. Work intensive, but it ought to yield more desirable results.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2009 at 7:44am
I've used:

small Lead or silver fishing sinkers
(nice rattle, good counterbalance) brought weight of 80g blade to 90g.

wood putty
(decent weight, solid feel)

I *hate* head heavy blades.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2009 at 8:32am
Fill it with helium and make it slightly more head heavy.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2009 at 10:42am

Any suggestions?

another useless post.

You are full of It. Lets settle this over a match of Table Tennis. I'll give you 5 start. LOLLOLLOL

I wouldn't lower myself.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic