FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Why use chinese rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
edusena View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edusena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why use chinese rubber?
    Posted: 12/13/2009 at 8:57pm
Why you use chinese rubber?
It's recomended for what type of player?
Realy have a nice durability the news chineses SGI?
I never used one because is hard to find a good variety of that type of rubber and need import; but i'm thinking about.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2009 at 10:52pm
chinese rubbers are tacky as u know, meaning that during short games (mostly the 1st 3 strokes), using tacky rubbers will hav a more tricky spin on the ball. i mean the amount of spin and the types of spin.

the reason is that chinese rubbers do not need to hav the ball to sink into the spong before creating the spin - a thin contact of the ball will be enough
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 11:31am
because i never used other country's rubber before Ouch
first bat is dhs pre-made, then 729 now dhs again...
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 11:38am
All Chinese rubbers are not the same.  Many seem to always imply that a Chinese rubber is tacky and hard sponged.   These people have not used many Chinese rubbers it seems. 

Chinese rubbers are much much cheaper so that is a plus for those experimenting and those that are not on higher levels of ability, or those whom do not need the fastest newest types of rubbers.  So many factors of why and which rubber to use on any given blade. 

With that said....I found a German/Chinese rubber to be quite surprising after using so many diff. Chinese type rubbers.   Palio Macro Era....WOW is all I can say.  But I am not at a high level and it is pretty fast for me.  I am waiting to try it on a slower 5ply wood blade.  It was too fast for a couple of my carbon blades. 

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 12:19pm
Macro era really isn't chinese at all I don't think.  ONly in terms of brand.  I'm pretty sure it's esn...top and sponge both.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
the-mezz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the-mezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 12:39pm
1 word: Cheap.
Offensive CR WRB
H3 Neo 2.1
Gambler Aces PRO 2.15
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 12:41pm
Macro Era isn't tacky, is it?

I know a couple of guys who play with it and they like it very much on FH. Too bad that only ttarmory sells them in the US...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
jerms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 12:58pm
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Macro era really isn't chinese at all I don't think.  ONly in terms of brand.  I'm pretty sure it's esn...top and sponge both.

Yup...that is one of my points about people using the generic term of Chinese rubber. Chinese company, but made in Germany.  I think the top sheet is German too.  I have not seen any other Palio or other Chinese top sheets like it at all.  It compared to a Donic top sheet I tried on a club mates blade, cant recall what rubber it was though. 

Rubbers are starting be be like cars......in this respect.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Macro Era isn't tacky, is it?

I know a couple of guys who play with it and they like it very much on FH. Too bad that only ttarmory sells them in the US...

It is not tacky in the sense of what you would normally be used to with Gambler, 729 or other chinese type top sheets.  It is more of the grippy nature.  The top sheet combined with the sponge they use.....makes for more powerful and spinny shots in comparison to any other Chinese type rubbers I have used.  I liked it on the BH and FH alike.  I am waiting for TTarmory to get more 2.0mm 42H in stock.....Mike said they have been going through a lot of Macro Era lately(not sure which versions or if all versions)......which after using it...does not surprise me one bit!

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 1:16pm
Can you compare it with Outlaw... if you used that one?

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 1:20pm
Jim...I have not use the outlaw.   But from all the reading about it, I would say that maybe the harder sponge 45H Macro Era would be a more fair comparison.  
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 2:37pm
I've heard alot of complaints from people (usually right after a tournament) about how hard it is to play against Hurricane 2 loops. Low, fast, tons of spin. I would think that maintaining the tack on chinese rubber is more work/care than maintaining the grip on euro/jap rubber.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 3:55pm
It is indeed a fast and spinny rubber. The main problem with using classic (tacky and hard-sponged) Chinese rubbers is that you need to acquire a very specific (and difficult) technique of play. You either need to drown them in booster/speedglue or to learn to play them very precisely since they are not great in short game (too hard) and therefore an allround player who is not always on offensive would be at some disadvantage there...

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 4:14pm

It is indeed a fast and spinny rubber. The main problem with using classic (tacky and hard-sponged) Chinese rubbers is that you need to acquire a very specific (and difficult) technique of play. You either need to drown them in booster/speedglue or to learn to play them very precisely since they are not great in short game (too hard) and therefore an allround player who is not always on offensive would be at some disadvantage there...

It's funny you say that, because the thing I loved about Chinese rubber when I first switched was the increased control in the short game due to the harder sponge. :-) The lack of springiness and extra tack helps me keep my pushes low and spinny; whereas with Euro tensors I tended to pop up shots a lot more. In my experience, Chinese rubbers excel at the short game and the fast offensive game. It's in the middle range of power (as in connection balls, etc) that I feel I have to be careful. If I don't put a lot of spin or have good placement on a connection ball then they tend to be meatballs that are easily smashed in my face.
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 4:43pm
Cheap and really spinney on serves.
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
superjet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 6:13pm
Cheap & Good,Good & Cheap,Try DHS NEO.
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 10:02pm
$16 USD for 4 Chinese rubbers, free shipping, how can Butterfly top that?
yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

It's funny you say that, because the thing I loved about Chinese rubber when I first switched was the increased control in the short game due to the harder sponge. :-) The lack of springiness and extra tack helps me keep my pushes low and spinny; whereas with Euro tensors I tended to pop up shots a lot more. In my experience, Chinese rubbers excel at the short game and the fast offensive game. It's in the middle range of power (as in connection balls, etc) that I feel I have to be careful. If I don't put a lot of spin or have good placement on a connection ball then they tend to be meatballs that are easily smashed in my face.

Anton, u got it spot on IMO. my experience wz chinese rubbers is similar to urs.
i have to have ball placement on middle gear or else sometimes i'll have to be a goal keeper when it returns. Shocked
Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by yuna yuna wrote:

Anton, u got it spot on IMO. my experience wz chinese rubbers is similar to urs.
i have to have ball placement on middle gear or else sometimes i'll have to be a goal keeper when it returns. Shocked
Anton is right. I also think the hard sponge actually helps short game technique and tacky nature makes the ball more spinny.
Yuna, it's been long you posted last. Welcome back.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 12:58am

You either need to drown them in booster/speedglue or to learn to play them very precisely since they are not great in short game (too hard) and therefore an allround player who is not always on offensive would be at some disadvantage there...

What?

The mere fact that I can forehand push consistently short and safe makes my strokes different from others around my level, and has led to several "surprise wins" over better players recently (they can't trade FH to FH pushes and survive the rally).

While I'm fairly low level US, I've managed to use fairly traditional chinese rubbers on my FH and have always loved the fact that the hard sponge makes the short game EASIER (less elastic, less bounce, more accuracy for push and drops) than with Japanese or German rubbers. While it would be easier to flip with a softer sponge, I'll gladly give up that shot to be able to control service return and pull a "safety" so i can get to 5th ball.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 1:59am
IMO, unless you are a high caliber player who has the skills and the needs to squeeze the last drops of performance from his rubbers, it doesn't really matter much what you use.  Just pick whatever you like Euro, Chinese, Japanese, invert, pip, anti, ... (assuming they are of decent quality), slap them on your blade, and learn to play with them.  I've been beaten by players using old $5 Chinese rubbers, and I've beat players who always keep up with the latest and greatest.  The way I see it, it's always my skill that fails me and never my equipments. 
Clipper Wood, Sanwei Gears FH, Sanwei T88-I BH.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 2:10am
Originally posted by chu_bun chu_bun wrote:

The way I see it, it's always my skill that fails me and never my equipments. 

ClapClapClapThumbs%20Up
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 12:19pm
i've heard ppl said chinese rubber meant to be bh rubber!!!
which i definite don't agree.. fh got better strength which
should use chinese rubber to drive...

Anyone sees ppl uses chinese rubber on bh? why is that so? 
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

i've heard ppl said chinese rubber meant to be bh rubber!!!
which i definite don't agree.. fh got better strength which
should use chinese rubber to drive...

Anyone sees ppl uses chinese rubber on bh? why is that so? 
Not many people do that , not even their own professionals.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 1:26pm
why use chinese rubber?

if you're not in china, then the only reason would be to save money.
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

why use chinese rubber?

NEO provincials and nationals definately are not cheap so don't think I use em to save money.  I do use them because they're tacky, offer a higher ceiling by rewarding good technique, great short game, and they fit my playing style because I use a chinese stroke.  Not to mention because the top players in the world use them.
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Rack Rack wrote:

why use chinese rubber?

NEO provincials and nationals definately are not cheap so don't think I use em to save money.  I do use them because they're tacky, offer a higher ceiling by rewarding good technique, great short game, and they fit my playing style because I use a chinese stroke.  Not to mention because the top players in the world use them.

+1. Clap
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 9:58pm

why use chinese rubber?

look, i dunno how much you pay for those rubbers specifically, but i can't imagine that you're paying more than you would for tenergy, the best non-chinese rubber out there!

but, at any rate, i was referring to the majority of the chinese rubbers available here in the us, which are NOT provincial nor nat'l team quality!!

on my posts i have always said that the high quality chinese rubber that the chinese nat'l team plays with is the best rubber out there and it is, in part (only in part), the reason they're so dominant.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2009 at 10:01pm

why use chinese rubber?

+1. Clap

what + 1? 

also, what is that funny thing you're doing with your mouth??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic