Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to find DHS H3 Top sheets ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to find DHS H3 Top sheets ???
    Posted: 12/20/2009 at 12:00am
I use to buy two years ago from TommyZai ... but he is gone Cry. Now where I can find it ??? Who will sell it ?
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2009 at 12:17am
PreSports

Up until recently, they also sold the #20 sponge. Making 6 and 4 sided "Do it yourself H3's" very easy.

For some reason or another, they only carry H3 tops now.

H3 on MRS is 2.0mm is pretty fun.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2009 at 1:28am
If i remember correctly, sometime ago, eacheng.net also carries them..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2011 at 11:42pm
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 12:05am
mel really?!  I think the DHS *sponge* is the better half, h3 topsheet is thick, grippy / tacky, and dead as can be, which is perfect if you're playing short or brushing.  But if you feel confident and engage, the sponge is magical.

If you like h3, try h3 neo provincial.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 3:26am
chronos I feel opposite to you.

The H3 top is where the magic happens, especially when tuned under tension. The pip structure and grip/tack is a perfect blend which is why it's so popular. Pro's probably don't use anything like a normal #20, I remember hearing Sun Jianfei say that he was using a custom sponge under H3 in the CNT when he was there. It does happen.

Personally, if I could get H3 top on the BW2 red sponge, I'd never ever ever switch my forehand rubber again. I don't like tuning rubber.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 9:07am
i like the H3 tops; but I think they are picky about sponges.

For example, H3 on BW2 Black sponge was a monster at mid-far distance, not as good over the table.

And H3 on MRS was just more forgiving, but lacking a lot of the brush spin that H3 can do with #20.

However, according to much of the forum, #20 sponge needs something to really bring it alive (either your own power, or tuning)

Ironically, the best "H3 Variant" I made wasn't even an H3 top; it was an older 999 top on a tuned/tensioned #20 sponge. The sponge was smaller than the topsheet, and had created a reverse dome that needed to be flattened; this created a lively effect for medium strength strokes. On soft touch shots, it was topsheet only and high control. On big strokes, the tuned #20 actually "stopped giving" (unlike normal #20) and performance was very predictable.

If you're going to assemble, you better get some $1.25 tops and sponges from eacheng to practice with. And you better find something stronger than plain old rubber cement.

But for the past year, the "provincial" neos from prott.cc have given me most of what I would want in a custom Hurricane 3 top/sponge without the hassle of assembly or tuning. They are lighter than stock H3/#20, more elastic, less tacky and therefore less reactive to incoming spin. They are almost as good at short game, but much better on medium strokes. More importantly, they have been consistent batch to batch and require *0* break in.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 11:40am
i wouldn't say *0* break in, but i get what you're saying.

They don't tension the topsheet much at all even on provincial neo, and to get the true grip from H3 you still have to tune it. NEO or not.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 7:10pm
Great posts guys!  I'm definitely gonna defer to your experience icontek + beeray.  It's a shame DHS doesn't market h3 topsheets with more sponges, it'd be a win-win all around.

I had a #20 sponge from a possibly fake h3 provincial that came apart on me, should have held on to it!

Braden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2011 at 12:28pm
well Personally, if I could get H3 top on the BW2 red sponge, I'd never ever ever switch my forehand rubber again. I don't like tuning rubber.
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2011 at 12:36pm
It is for me, one of the best top sheets, I have ever tried. And I did try a lot. I had them on 1.5mm quattro sponge from COLE. It was a great rubber !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic