FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Most/Least comfortable ST handle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 12:19am
Large hands I think German brands are best: 2 I like are - Andro JM Saieve (sp?) and Joola Chen Wei Xing - both have very large comfortable ST handles.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Sponsored Links

~stiga21~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~stiga21~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 1:54am
Thanks for the info jrs. Do you know if Joola handles are a consistent size and design from one model to the next, or are they a different size and design for each model (like Butterfly handles)?
YBFlash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YBFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 6:16am
For me - Nittaku Acoustic or Violin ST
Blade: OSP Virtuoso+
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by ~stiga21~ ~stiga21~ wrote:

Thanks for the info jrs. Do you know if Joola handles are a consistent size and design from one model to the next, or are they a different size and design for each model (like Butterfly handles)?
From the little I've seen, any blade with WSI as part of it's design has the same style handles. All the other blades may vary as I have a Torre that is a bit different from my WSI blades.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2012 at 11:53am
Originally posted by ~stiga21~ ~stiga21~ wrote:

Sorry stiga21 - not sure - Joola Chen Wei Xing is a chopper blade - so it is an oversize blade. Might want to check the paddlepalace website. I think they give handle sizes there.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2012 at 5:07am
Are all of the Stiga Hardwood blades the same size and shape?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2012 at 12:37am
Stiga OC
X = 29 mm
Y = 21 mm
Diagonal = 27 mm

Compare these to those given on the first page of this thread. All made possible by poor quality control. 

Stiga should be ashamed to put "Made in Sweden" on their classics.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2012 at 9:26pm
Borko made a nice cork handle for me once. Hen Shu Fu!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2012 at 11:06pm
 Yasaka Sweden Classic ST. Big fat delicious handle.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2012 at 2:37am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Yasaka Sweden Classic ST. Big fat delicious handle.

Frogger, could you take some measurements please?
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2012 at 10:51am
 Length 101
 wide 30
 depth 23
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2012 at 1:38pm
Frogger,

How long ago did you buy the blade? I'm wondering if the current version still has those dimensions. Thanks.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2012 at 3:56pm
I bought the blade 12 years ago. Love the handle but the blade is to slow for me.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2013 at 11:31pm

Nittaku Runlox 5 (in the middle) compared to Stiga Clipper and TBS.

ST handle of Runlox 5: A 29mm, B 23mm, C (diagonal) 29mm (oval-squarish)

Exactly the same as Stiga Clipper ST handle (both shape and measurements).
Runlox 5 is a Nittaku version of Avalox P500 blade. Over 6 mm thick, soft and quite stiff (yes, contrary to what some other people say it is rather stiff for a 5 ply, much different than Stiga OC), it is great looping blade with excellent control.
neutronbomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neutronbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2013 at 5:40am
I like Hallmark's straight blades with the strip of cork down each side. Nice and comfortable size, plus the cork gives some extra grip and sweat absorption. 
USATT Rating 2059

FH Tibhar 5Q+

BH Giant Dragon Long

Hallmark Aurora
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 4:41pm
Could you guys tell me about Tibhar ST handles? There was mention of the Samsonov alpha being too thin and uncomfortable.

I am particularly interested in the Tibhar Stratus Powerwood ST handle.

The only Tibhar blade I held in my hand was the COS3 Def which has a large and long ST handle but that is a defensive one and oversize.

Thanks for any input.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 5:01pm
The Force Pro ST handle is thin but I am getting used to it. The Force Pro flare is my favorite flare/conical handle. Haven't tried Stratus Powerwood but I hear it has a large head so one should definitely try the blade before buying if one dislikes thin handles absolutely. The force pro st handle mostly disappoints because of the high expectations from the Flare handle.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Cochese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cochese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Could you guys tell me about Tibhar ST handles? There was mention of the Samsonov alpha being too thin and uncomfortable.

I am particularly interested in the Tibhar Stratus Powerwood ST handle.

The only Tibhar blade I held in my hand was the COS3 Def which has a large and long ST handle but that is a defensive one and oversize.

Thanks for any input.

Have not tried a ST handle from Tibhar, but the FL on the SPW is the most comfortable handle I have ever held.
Tibhar SPW
Adidas P7 Max/Vega Euro 1.8
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 6:53pm
I actually find SPW ST handle one of the most comfortable ST handles I've been experienced so far. If you hate tiny Korbel FL handle, you'll love SPW ST - thick, wide and long. And I'm STraightholder, neither FL nor AN.

Edited by Ray - 01/13/2015 at 6:57pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Thanks for any input.
Yes, I fix mine by rubber cementing a rubber grip to my straight handles.
I originally bought straight handles to go into a vise I use for testing but now I am use to them and prefer round handles.  I really like the round handles on my Firewall Plus blades.  They are good for twiddling.

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 8:07pm
It's fairly easy to change the shape of a straight handle.  I simply use epoxy to increase the handle size and length, and reshape it with a sander to the way I like it:

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 11:15am
Design looks fugly though, I hate to say.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 1:45pm

The most comfortable to me are:

BTY TBS ST. squared shape that is not small. Feels great.

Stiga Clipper Classic ST. oval, fat. nice feel.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 2:16pm
Avalox 500 and TB Spark.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2015 at 9:10am
Wider handle - Stiga Clipper CR
Rounder handle - Donic Waldner Senso Carbon or Ovtcharov Senso Carbon

These blades feel comfortable, but as always everyone has their own unique preferences :)
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2015 at 9:20am
Thank you everybody for the input. It has helped me narrow down my search to two blades which is the Stiga Clipper ST and the Tibhar SPW ST. I am more inclined to get the latter one because it is thinner and I hope to get a better feel with it. But at the same time I am trying out a friend's Clipper next week to see how it fits me.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2015 at 3:55pm
Best: OSP Immune OX--You get what you pay for.

Honourable mention: Stiga AR Classic/Off Classic

Worst: TB ALC--Sometimes you don't get what you pay for! (Too small, square and...wierd.  Great Blade though.)

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2015 at 4:46pm

As with other treads there is no good or bad. It's what feels best to the player. Player A may love it while player B thinks it's uncomfortable. Best advice is to find the blade you are interested in hold it and play with it.

Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2015 at 5:46pm
I never have a problem with uncomfortable handles.  LOL  Here's an extreme example of what you can do to reshape the handle with epoxy (Don't laugh...anyone who held this paddle commented how awesome it felt in their hand!):

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2015 at 9:32am
BTY Jun Amultart Innerforce
Joola Flame Fast
Stiga classic and Peter
Samsonov Force Pro black ed.

I hate squarish handle with edge.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic