Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most/Least comfortable ST handle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Cochese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cochese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 10:54am
Here is my Xiom Zetro Quad ST. More of an oval shape and based on measurements others posted, pretty good size. At least wider than most. I find it comfortable having average sized hands. It is also the only ST handle I have ever held, so don't have much to compare to.

Measurements

A: 29.5mm
B: 21.5mm
C: ~28.5mm ?

Tibhar SPW
Adidas P7 Max/Vega Euro 1.8
Sponsored Links

spin_attack View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin_attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:31am
This is my first good setup involving the BTY PETR KORBEL FL (made in Jap)
So disappointed with the size and length of the blade handle, so smal, so small, seems like it was made for a child.
I have small-average hands.
BTY PK, T05fx, T80fx
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:41am
my most favorite handle is on this 729 premade bat my dad bought me 15 years ago. My first blade. Round ST, which seemed to have disappeared over the years. Has this laquer/varnish finish. Would never slip out of my hand or neither give me blisters. Haven't found anything even close to it.
I still have the blade for memories :D

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Hansi Blocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansi Blocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 12:26pm
This is my Donic Appelgren World Champion '89. I have changed the handle from concave to straight.

The new handle is a Butterfly Korpa replica.

takacslaci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takacslaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 12:34pm
Isn't this handle raw material too much soft?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 1:04pm
I have a lot of galaxy blades like that.  Remember, most blades are only stained anyway.  You really dont want a poly or similar coating around the wood of the handle, I'm told.  You want the wood to breathe.

I have zero problems with Lq1, for example.

I bet that think plays sweet.  I still like the appelgren, but it seems the newer head is smaller.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 1:25pm
Korbel ST.

Best one I've ever tried.

Too bad they don't make it anymore.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 1:32pm
Comment removed.

I forgot i had previously commented.

Edited by asifgunz - 08/20/2015 at 1:34pm

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 1:37pm
Quote You really dont want a poly or similar coating around the wood of the handle, I'm told.  You want the wood to breathe.

Hehe, that myth is still lurking around.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 2:05pm
personally i think most of the butterfly STs are pretty good, the IF ZLC is a little different in that it is thinner and more rounded.  consistent high quality qc and finish.

years ago, i started playing yasaka, stiga and donic blades.  i found the finish on the yasaka 40 blade to be a little rougher (porous?) thereby leaving blisters.  i found the stiga blades (offensive, caliber, energy wrb, super carbon) to be similar, but some of the handles were more porous/unfinished and some had a smoother final product.  the donic's i tried (glass fibre, waldner senso with v1 (small hole hollow handle), a persson power speed 7 ply - the straight handles on those were very thin, and to me, very maneuverable.  i later tried a carbotec which had a larger/squarer handle.    the donic's were consistently smoother final product i felt the fit and finish and final qc on the donics were higher quality than the stiga/yasakas.

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansi Blocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by takacslaci takacslaci wrote:

Isn't this handle raw material too much soft?

The handle harmonises very much with this blade.

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

(...) I bet that think plays sweet.  I still like the appelgren, but it seems the newer head is smaller.

The head is not to small. It is 157 x 152 mm.

Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

personally i think most of the butterfly STs are pretty good, (...)

Yes, indeed - I love most straight Butterfly handles. There are some older handles which are very flat.

Edited by Hansi Blocker - 08/20/2015 at 3:42pm
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 4:10pm

[/QUOTE]
Yes, indeed - I love most straight Butterfly handles. There are some older handles which are very flat.
[/QUOTE]

i had lots and lots of power drives (the original and the later generation uni directional handle models) and lots and lots of primoracs....i used to shave the flares off of the original power drive, and i also had a 'power smash' which came factory/stock ST

:)

Edited by in2spin - 08/20/2015 at 4:12pm
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 9:05pm
Has anybody got the measurements for the Timo Boll ALC straight handle and is the Timo Boll W5 straight handle the same?
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 9:09pm
For me, a really nice one: Stiga Clipper Wood; a really bad one: Tibhar Lebesson (way too thin and too long).
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
~stiga21~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ~stiga21~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 11:15pm
Hi shaun729,

According to 2014 Butterfly Japan catalog, both the TB ALC and the TB W5 ST handles measure 27.5mm x 22mm (see page 18):

http://www.jasupo.jp/download/201402butterfly.pdf

Hope this helps...
Blade - BTY Primorac EX

FH - Stiga Magna TX II

BH - Stiga Boost TX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Cochese Cochese wrote:

Here is my Xiom Zetro Quad ST. More of an oval shape and based on measurements others posted, pretty good size. At least wider than most. I find it comfortable having average sized hands. It is also the only ST handle I have ever held, so don't have much to compare to.

Measurements

A: 29.5mm
B: 21.5mm
C: ~28.5mm ?

Exactly the kind p.s. ST handle I like. Very nice.

I also like the handle on my Donic True Carbon.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 3:59am
My Timo Boll ALC ST series blade :

Thickness 22,40 mm , wideness 27,70 mm , length 100,50 mm this dimensions could be better if the addes more thickness.

This handle ( ALC ST ) felt a little bit to small for average sized hands, handle thickness should be more if we take this SQ ST handle. I like the handle of Korbel SK7 ST, the dimensions are really good and handle feels very good. The handle radius is indeed not squarish like ALC ST or Spirit ST but aslo not much round like other blades like from Donic. Usually I like more SQ ST handles but this SK7 is handcrafted very well. Here you are:

Korbel SK7

thickness 22,80 mm, wideness 28,50 mm, this are very comfortable dimensions to play with
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 4:35am
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 4:42am
More pics of Force Pro ST and Waldner Senso Carbon ST

uploads/14514/P1060200.JPG

uploads/14514/P1060186.JPG
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 9:10am
the soul spin made world champion series have pretty comfortable handles. These handles are 3-D (?). They feel pretty good.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 10:51am
This is the handle of a Donic True Carbon.  I like it very much .  Like Crowsfeather said above, I don't like Btfly SQ-ST or any ST handle with a distinct edge.  I don't know if it's true, but people on the internet have speculated that this blade is also made by Soulspin.  It would not surprise me.

This one is distinctly rounder than most newer Btfly blades these days (but is similar to a ZJK-ALC ST).  Not quite as round as a classic Waldner style ST handle or the XIOM blade that Cochese posted above (which IMHO are perfect), but still very comfortable for me.

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 1:45pm
I agree with Baal. The handle is similar to Zhang Jike ALC (not only the handle is similar), but a little bit thicker. I also like it very much - the blade and the handle and of course the "german" look. Smile

Edited by Magic_M - 08/30/2016 at 1:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansi Blocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2016 at 10:35am
Also a nice handle. Smile

Edited by Hansi Blocker - 09/12/2016 at 10:36am
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2016 at 10:47am
The most comfortable straight handles I have found so far are those made by Charlie of BBC (Blades By Charlie). I really never liked straight handles before until I received one of his blades. Now I play with a straight handle.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2016 at 11:44am
Most comfortable straight handle I've never felt is that Donic Dotec straight defensive blade.

Furthermore, I think the curved (there's left & right hand versions) attacking Donic Dotec blades are the most comfortable blades I've ever felt for shakehand. Love the look of those things.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 12:16am
Banda Straight handles take the cake Tongue  

I have only 2 of these — Banda Dacota & Banda Waldner AR Light — hands down the 2 most comfortable ST handles I've ever held.  Forum member, "High_Arc" even converted his TBS to a "Banda Dacota TBS" (see below).  Nice blade! Smile

Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 2:36pm
Now THAT is a perfect looking ST handle!
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

This is the handle of a Donic True Carbon.  I like it very much .  Like Crowsfeather said above, I don't like Btfly SQ-ST or any ST handle with a distinct edge.  I don't know if it's true, but people on the internet have speculated that this blade is also made by Soulspin.  It would not surprise me.

Donic True Carbon is made in China, SO it is very unlikely made by Soulspin.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Donic True Carbon is made in China, SO it is very unlikely made by Soulspin.

I can confirm from reliable sources that Soulspin WAS involved in the Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon project.

Soulspin manufactured blades are very high-end. I have the Nittaku Holz Sieben and I have also bought a Soulspin Spin Offensive custom blade. I also have the Donic WWC 89. Their cost of manufacturing in Germany is very high, hence the likely outsourcing.

I can guess that they designed the blade & the manufacturing process details. They must have also selected and shipped the plies as in no Chinese blade have I seen plies of such quality. My guess is that the assembler must have very good ties and have done Donic work in the past.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 4:37pm
The Dr Neubauer Bulldog ST handle is big log and very comfy to hold, but too bad it's an defensive blade.  My favorite ST handle is on the Avalox P700, which shaped very similar to the Banda shown above.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic