FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

where can i buy H3 PROV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 5:08pm

Yeah Imago, your H3 Pro is still Provincial Quality not Commercial.  They wouldn't send out commercial qualities to the Pro teams for testing.  The only difference is that there was no Vac Pack since it wasn't out yet so its still better than the Commercial quality.  Sure the sealed commercial would have a more "fresh" tuned feeling for a little while due to the vac pack but thats about it.

Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Sponsored Links

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Originally posted by Rack Rack wrote:

So Anton, let's do a little clarifying.  First, is your H3 a NEO or Non NEO because you said first it's a NEO then you said its a non-NEO so gotta clarify that first.

I was kidding... I don't even play with Neo H3 anymore; I play with Neo H2.

I was just trying to write a super-confusing, convoluted description using all the terms: Neo, commercial, commercialized, national, provincial, and H3.

Sorry, apparently the confusing part worked but the humor part did not.

Big%20smile

Haha I thought so but I thought you coulda been serious too.  But yeah I totally know what you mean... DHS's system is totally wack.  But its mainly due to fighting fakes and making sure that the best stuff goes out to the competition players.  It really looks like the age of getting hooked up and getting our grubby hands on the "good stuff" is truly over unless you REALLY REALLY know someone and they're kind enough to give you one or two.  Either that or you pay some insane premium ($100+ bucks) for it and hope its not a fake.  It's exactly the reason why I went back to the old #20 non neo sponge which I feel is better than the NEO after you tune it.  Alot of other H3 users feel the same way also.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 7:17pm

For a very short time, CGS had the full provincial team version and the full national version which I was thinking of getting but someone bought them ALL up before I decided (Homer Simpson fist to whoever it was LOL).

Jim Du and Jessie Mai bought them all Tongue
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 8:50pm
I got these through headcoach of HK. I don't buy national version from retailers!! except for the national factory tuned version from CGS.. LOLLOL

also these sheets that i got were laser printed not stamped!!!
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 9:01pm

It's exactly the reason why I went back to the old #20 non neo sponge which I feel is better than the NEO after you tune it.  Alot of other H3 users feel the same way also.

Tsk Tsk. No tournaments for you.

Unless you go the route of buying #20, tuning it and attaching separate H3 topsheets :D

Hard work. But worth it.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Unless you go the route of buying #20, tuning it and attaching separate H3 topsheets :D

Hard work. But worth it.

His is tuned with Haifu oil.  The tournament staff would never know. Tongue
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by rossicarbon rossicarbon wrote:

I got these through headcoach of HK. I don't buy national version from retailers!! except for the national factory tuned version from CGS.. LOLLOL

also these sheets that i got were laser printed not stamped!!!

Yea they switched to laser printing after.

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Hard work. But worth it.

Yeah at the moment I don't play any tournies so no need to deal with the ENEZ or anything.  If I had to do a tourney, I would just get a NEO sheet a week before hand to break in and use to be legal.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2010 at 5:45am

Do you know what this rubber is - Provincial or National?

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2010 at 6:38am
Provincial....
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2010 at 2:57pm
Yep #20 Provincial.  From the detail I can make out from the sponge, looks to be a fairly good quality one also.  No grooves that I can spot but it could be because of the pic just not showing them.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2010 at 4:17pm

Yep #20 Provincial.  From the detail I can make out from the sponge, looks to be a fairly good quality one also.  No grooves that I can spot but it could be because of the pic just not showing them.

CGS should have some good ones!!..

btw person that got all CGS factory tuned h3 National.. was me!! WinkWink

that is still not enough to satisfied my korean friends.. even though i have managed to get another 20 sheets factory from Hk team...LOLLOL
LOL

After using factory tuend version, i rather spend $$ on haifu waterbase speedglue and use the old national team version, more feeling, more spin and best of all more durable!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2010 at 6:54pm

CGS should have some good ones!!..

btw person that got all CGS factory tuned h3 National.. was me!! WinkWink

that is still not enough to satisfied my korean friends.. even though i have managed to get another 20 sheets factory from Hk team...LOLLOL
LOL

After using factory tuend version, i rather spend $$ on haifu waterbase speedglue and use the old national team version, more feeling, more spin and best of all more durable!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Exactly what I do with the old #20's... but hard to find the old Nationals from a legit source. LOL  You have a source to get the old nationals Rossi?

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2010 at 8:57pm
I have good connection with the HK coaches and Admin. even though HK is no longer sponsored by DHS but they can always do me a favour getting  some good old national versions from their Chinese colleagues.
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2010 at 3:25am
Cool let me know if you can get some extra 40H 2.2 in Black of the old H3 #20 4 sided National Version or even the #20 6 sided Provincial.  If you can get em, feel free to PM me the details.  My stash is running out quickly LOL.  Btw, why is the HK team not sponsored by DHS anymore?  Who took over?  Haifu?

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2010 at 7:52am
they have several tenders but the main one for this year is Skitt and Guoyuehua. They are testing out the Sword break, i had a sheet given to me to test.. very fast but only mild tacky!!! something like biotechnology!!! something like that...

one of the main reason that HK no longer sponsored by DHS,simply eventhough HK is part of China team but they have they own association with a seperate chairman. They can use whatever DHS sponsored but they have the right to accept other tenders as well. It's all up to the players what they want to use after testing the rubbers from the tenders.
onlyspecialmade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyspecialmade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2010 at 10:16am
Looking through all the posts here... I can't help not to answer some of this questions...

1) It's quite interesting to hear something like this "Precisely what is the difference between a commercial Neo H3 and the "commercialized" provincial Neo H3, in terms of playing characteristics?"

As explained in my Q & A post, there is no such thing as "commercialized" provincial quality vs the actual product that the provincial players use. DHS confirmed that they do not do additional sorting besides having the 3 broad categories (National, Provincial and Commercial).

I would be touching on this in more details in the Q & A update post.

2) "Its near impossible at the moment to get the Provincial NEOs that the provincial teams actually use (see the versions CGS last got with just a vac pack and no NEO packaging).  From what I hear, DHS got smart and started to cut down the stock given out to the teams so the teams stopped selling their extra stock out to people.  You can however find the commercialized version of the Provincial (see the Provincial versions with the full NEO packaging)."

"From what I heard, the ones the Provincial teams get are higher quality"...The difference is, the full provincial team version doesn't have the blue/greenish packaging around it.  Just the straight up rubber with the white protective sheet and clear Vac Packed."

Interesting... hmmm... sounds like this news is spread among the sellers who got the products from provincial teams.

If that is true, I would probably need to push the price of clear vacuum packed to be way above the one with NEO packaging? Do you think I should do that for the products that I'm selling soon? Tongue ... no... I don't think I will do that Big%20smile

Ok, the reason for the packing difference will be explained in the Q & A update post as well.

3) "these sheets that i got were laser printed not stamped!!!"

Yes... very important feature of the latest DHS products. They are laser printed and not ink stamped.

4) So what exactly is the difference between our so called tuned vs tuned vacuum packed vs NEO version? Well... stay tuned for my next Q & A.

FYI, DHS do not have this term called "H3 Provincial Tuned" in their product Smile

Shall release the information together with the information of my new products and stock.

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2010 at 7:52pm
The old ones were ink stamped a few years back ago.  The new ones are laser stamped with the "corners system".  This explains the old 8 sided National version with the stamp in the pic above because as you know using the new system, nationals are 4 cornered. 

As for the Provincial Tuned Term, thats what we called the H3 Beta NEO when we didn't know what NEO was at the time because it wasn't out yet.  A few of us were using it a few months beforehand.  Like I said before, we were able to confirm it was the NEO sponge after NEO came out and we compared them side to side.

But heres a few questions for you onlyspecialmade to ask to DHS. 

1)  If they say that theres no additional sorting and players like Ma Long use 39/2.15 which is one of their standard setups they sell, I'm curious of why they would bother to additionally laser stamp their name on the batches they provide to them?  Wouldn't they just hand them a stack of pre-sorted nationals if they're all the same? 

2)  Also on your Q&A, any possibility to find out what thickness/hardness Ma Lin and Xu Xin use?  Its blank for Ma Lin. 

3)  Why would they start selling the Provincial version then outta no where cut massive amounts of stock to the teams knowing that they were leaking out?  If it was the same, shouldn't it not matter if it was the same?

4)  Why are there no Provincial TG Skyline series rubbers?

Thanks onlysepcialmade! Lookin forward to what you find out as I'm sure alot of us are curious of whats going on with crazy DHS and their weird systems.  

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2010 at 7:53pm

they have several tenders but the main one for this year is Skitt and Guoyuehua. They are testing out the Sword break, i had a sheet given to me to test.. very fast but only mild tacky!!! something like biotechnology!!! something like that...

one of the main reason that HK no longer sponsored by DHS,simply eventhough HK is part of China team but they have they own association with a seperate chairman. They can use whatever DHS sponsored but they have the right to accept other tenders as well. It's all up to the players what they want to use after testing the rubbers from the tenders.

Interesting Rossi!  You know if they're using the NEO's or the old #20 and self tuning them to pass the ENEZ?

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 1:29am
what i was told that they use h3 factory tune or self tuning..actually not really self tuning! they can use speed glue while training to warm up the rubber. Once the competition started the rubber has been warmed and the smell had gone, so they just glue the blade using normal glue. This way the rubber always below the level of toxic once put in the machine.Smile

anything other than that.. i dont know...LOLLOLLOL
Smile

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 1:34am
Haha cool... figured they were airing it out or using the Haifu oil.  I've also heard of something else thats secretly in use but yeah can totally tell how much the pros rubbers are still being tuned.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 1:56am

...the sealed commercial would have a more "fresh" tuned feeling for a little while due to the vac pack...

Do you know by chance how to tune it (the "Beta" Neo P) again after 6 months have passed? Will Baby Oil - be it Johnson or Nivea - do the trick?

P.S. My standing (based on comparison) feeling is that they have never been properly tuned up in the factory, so I have prepared a tuning concoction Nuke of Baby, Eucalyptus, and Olive Oil. Tongue
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 2:27am
@rack:  when i have the new h3 national sponge 21 4 sided in february,. I;ll let you know
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 2:44am

@rack:  when i have the new h3 national sponge 21 4 sided in february,. I;ll let you know

Cool thx Rossi!

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2010 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

...the sealed commercial would have a more "fresh" tuned feeling for a little while due to the vac pack...

Do you know by chance how to tune it (the "Beta" Neo P) again after 6 months have passed? Will Baby Oil - be it Johnson or Nivea - do the trick?

P.S. My standing (based on comparison) feeling is that they have never been properly tuned up in the factory, so I have prepared a tuning concoction Nuke of Baby, Eucalyptus, and Olive Oil. Tongue

Hmm only ways I can think of is if you find someone with the brown Haifu Oil.  You can use speed glue to reflatten it from the reverse dome when you take it off but keep in mind that if you retune it and stretch it, it's not going to play at normal NEO specs but since you feel its dead anyways, might as well try it.  I tried it on my 2 sheets but they didn't play too well after (alot of bottoming out since the 37/38 hardnesses are already on the softer side for chinese rubber).  I had to let the glue calm down for a day minimum then it played better but still not as good as when it was fresh and new.  Better off buying a new sheet since its already 6 months old.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyspecialmade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2010 at 12:30am

The old ones were ink stamped a few years back ago.  The new ones are laser stamped with the "corners system".  This explains the old 8 sided National version with the stamp in the pic above because as you know using the new system, nationals are 4 cornered. 

As for the Provincial Tuned Term, thats what we called the H3 Beta NEO when we didn't know what NEO was at the time because it wasn't out yet.  A few of us were using it a few months beforehand.  Like I said before, we were able to confirm it was the NEO sponge after NEO came out and we compared them side to side.

But heres a few questions for you onlyspecialmade to ask to DHS. 

1)  If they say that theres no additional sorting and players like Ma Long use 39/2.15 which is one of their standard setups they sell, I'm curious of why they would bother to additionally laser stamp their name on the batches they provide to them?  Wouldn't they just hand them a stack of pre-sorted nationals if they're all the same? 

2)  Also on your Q&A, any possibility to find out what thickness/hardness Ma Lin and Xu Xin use?  Its blank for Ma Lin. 

3)  Why would they start selling the Provincial version then outta no where cut massive amounts of stock to the teams knowing that they were leaking out?  If it was the same, shouldn't it not matter if it was the same?

4)  Why are there no Provincial TG Skyline series rubbers?

Thanks onlysepcialmade! Lookin forward to what you find out as I'm sure alot of us are curious of whats going on with crazy DHS and their weird systems.  

Hi Rack,

Yes noted your requests. I would try to ask DHS if I got the chance to talk with the person again. Anyway, please don't put too much hope on some questions Wink

Here's some of my guesses:

1) Does it mean that the quality of rubber is different for each player since each player got their own name? How to measure quality within the National rated rubbers? by weight? by tackiness? by consistency of hardness across the whole sheet? thickness consistency? pressure consistency? I'm quite curious about this as well... however I believe DHS may not answer this answer since I asked twice on this areas and the answer is the same: DHS only sort rubbers into 3 categories and nothing more... and no such thing as further sub-categories to indicate quality differences. But DHS do provide me some information that time regarding the quality and categories issues which I will update into the Q and A once I'm free.

3) Was trying to understand this question. anyway may be this would be answered in my upcoming post about DHS Equipment - Past, Present and Future.

4) There are provincial TG Smile

Agree that DHS system is weird... but anyway DHS is funded by the government and their focus as explained in my posts is about China National team players Smile

Some information worth reading Smile

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31966

Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyspecialmade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2010 at 6:09am
In the mean time... please check out this post...

Check out the post: DHS Equipment - Past, Present and Future

and

More information:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31966

Thanks.

hcova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2010 at 8:50pm

I hope not to offend anyone, but yesterday I asked to DHSamerica about how and where to purchase Provincial or National rubbers.

Here the answer that DHSamerica replied me:

====================================================
Dear Herman,

You are absolutely right saying there is a lot of fake DHS provincial and national rubber in the market. Why? Because it is available only for the members of the national and/or provincial teams. It's not for commercial sales. We do not have this rubber for sale. It simply means you can't get it anywhere unless you are a member of the Chinese team training at the national or provincial training center. I know it's some bad news but at least that's the truth.

As for the commercial DHS products (e.g. rubbers), they are not fake as long as you are buying it from an authorized dealer or directly from us (www.dhsamerica.com) since we represent DHS in North America.

Regards,
DHS America
====================================================

Given that, I can recommend all of you to take care about some DHS rubbers labeled as Provincial o National Team, even thougth many web sites sellers swear that their DHS are true. 

I hope it save money all of you.

Regards.,
Hernan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic