Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

where can i buy H3 PROV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mindfreak19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindfreak19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where can i buy H3 PROV
    Posted: 01/27/2010 at 4:54pm
where can i buy a (preferably non opened) sheet of

RED DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial Version
in either 2.15 or 2.2 thickness.

with factory tuning (preferred) or without is fine too
NOT interested in NEO H3

place sold for cheap price? any user here wanting selling this?

mindfreak19
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindfreak19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 7:04pm
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 7:20pm
Factory tuned non NEO H3 does not exist.  If you're lookin for the old #20 sponges in Provincial, they're pretty hard to find these days.  Talk to CGS as he has some on order for me waiting to get shipped here from China. Also you might want to specify what hardness you want. 
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindfreak19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 7:55pm
has h3 #20 prov fact. tuned been discontinued?
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 7:58pm
No it never existed.  NEO is DHS's "Fac tuned" but you said you aren't interested in NEO (why is this btw?).  #20 was meant to be speed glued.  #21 was meant for speed glue and intensifier.  #19 was meant for intensifier.  Intensifier has been discontinued.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 8:02pm
thats not true, there was a H3 provincial tuned. also, neo h3 is not tuned, the thin layer of glue over the top is meant to 'protect' the neo sponge so they say.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindfreak19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 8:05pm
i am currently playing with a h3 prov #20 sponge factory tuned that came with the white paper covering thing on it...how does it "not exist" haha
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2010 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by mindfreak19 mindfreak19 wrote:

i am currently playing with a h3 prov #20 sponge factory tuned that came with the white paper covering thing on it...how does it "not exist" haha

I'm not saying this is the case, but it's possible that you were deceived. I know that there are a lot of fake DHS products being peddled. I also know a couple reputable DHS dealers who are totally unable to get their hands on any provincial rubbers.

But, you may be the exception. Please don't respond angrily, thinking I'm saying you've been suckered. I just know I've read a bunch about it and DHS provincial rubber is very difficult to come by. Given that there are also a lot of fakes in circulation, I'm just suggesting it's a possibility.

onlyspecialmade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyspecialmade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 8:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindfreak19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 9:19am
depends on how many weeks later, it is quite urgent actually..but you could say i am interested.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyspecialmade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 9:36am
Upcoming...

Non tuned old product, tuned, NEO, blue sponge, provincials, nationals, etc latest DHS products...

Updating DHS Q & A information as well...

and would be reviewing Butterfly Spin Art as well...

Tongue

Stay Tuned.....
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Rack Rack wrote:

No it never existed.  NEO is DHS's "Fac tuned" but you said you aren't interested in NEO (why is this btw?).  #20 was meant to be speed glued.  #21 was meant for speed glue and intensifier.  #19 was meant for intensifier.  Intensifier has been discontinued.

Are now you claiming that the H3 Provincial Factory Tuned that CGS / powerpingpong.com sold were in fact fakes?

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyspecialmade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 9:53am
I think I know what Rack means...

I would be updating my posts on this issue as well...

so stay tuned for my future posts. Cheers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindfreak19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 12:42pm
anybody else?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 12:45pm
If you must have one

You can make

"H3 Factory Tuned #20 Provincial Red"

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3
Add lamp oil to sponge, allow to air dry 12 hours

Step 4
Assemble sponge and topsheet with VOC free glue

Step 5
Depending on your skills and the quality of items received, you now have something that is at least DHS commercial quality, and likely as good as 95% of the "provincial" Hurricane 3's on the market.

:)
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
76ers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76ers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 2:00pm
My cousin in China owns/runs a table tennis club.  He helped me bought 10 sheets Hurricane 3 Provincial Rubber (not tunned).  They bear exact same product number in one box.  Hardness 41.  Thickness 2.2mm, black.  I asked my parent to mail two sheet to me.  I got them just 2 weeks before the Baltimore Team Tournament.  My daughter used one and another was given to my friend.  They both played them in the tournament.  Compared to Hurricane 3 with no.19 sponge that my friend bought here online, not only the sponge is different.  The most differences are the top sheet; the one I have is much strong, elastic and sticky. and more spinning and fast.  So my friend just throw away the one he bought here.

Anyway, after Baltimore team tournament, my daughter's coach ask her to switch to Tenergy 05.  So if any one interest in Used Hurricane 3 Provincial  Hardness 41.  Thickness 2.2mm, black,  for $20 plus shipping.  Please let me know.  It was cut on Butterfly Michael Maze Blade.

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Are now you claiming that the H3 Provincial Factory Tuned that CGS / powerpingpong.com sold were in fact fakes?

Ohhh the prototype H3?  I remember getting a sheet to try and it was apparently a repackaged sheet that had absolutely no tackiness to it.  It actually looked dead so it didn't play well at all.  I think it was only my sheet though and everyone else's were fine.

But the old H3 Province and NEO are better than the prototype.  Old H3 Province that gets tuned with Haifu oil is by far the best.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 2:30pm
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by walleyeguy7 walleyeguy7 wrote:

thats not true, there was a H3 provincial tuned. also, neo h3 is not tuned, the thin layer of glue over the top is meant to 'protect' the neo sponge so they say.

Neo is just a different name  for factory tuned cos all NEOs version are factory tuned!! the difference is that the neo topsheet inprinted a number on it. The national team player only used factory tuned, i have not seen any national team players use  "NEO" version!!!!
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Hm, then what is this

I think that is the provincial cos the national version should have a laser print stamp "national" in chinese!

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by walleyeguy7 walleyeguy7 wrote:

Lemme clarify for Icon and Mind...

H3 Provincial Tuned was pretty much NEO without the Vac Pack.  The H3 Provincial Tuned were "Beta NEO's" which were sent out to the provincial teams for testing.  They came in the old H3 Paper #20 packaging (the vac pack wasn't out yet) along with the NEO white paper protection.  We couldn't confirm it at the time because we didn't have a NEO to compare to but we highly suspected it was NEO.  After NEO came out, CGS and I compared it side to side... pretty much a match.  Even the code on the back started with the NEO "P".  Call it the preliminary NEO's before they were commercialized.  So those who were using the H3 Pro/Nat Tuned a few months before the actual NEO came out pretty much were using NEO already before everyone else.  I still have both of mine LOL.

So back to the recommendation... Mind, what you want is NEO if you liked the "Pro Tuned".  Its near impossible at the moment to get the Provincial NEOs that the provincial teams actually use (see the versions CGS last got with just a vac pack and no NEO packaging).  From what I hear, DHS got smart and started to cut down the stock given out to the teams so the teams stopped selling their extra stock out to people.  You can however find the commercialized version of the Provincial (see the Provincial versions with the full NEO packaging).

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by rossicarbon rossicarbon wrote:

Hm, then what is this

I think that is the provincial cos the national version should have a laser print stamp "national" in chinese!

That looks like one of the Old School #20 Nationals before the switched to the full square 4 square system for nationals.  Beware of fakes on those as this was the reason why the switched to the (corners system) 4 corners national due to people making fake stamps and stamping commercials.  Only buy the old school ones from VERY trusted sources.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:06pm

You can however find the commercialized version of the Provincial (see the Provincial versions with the full NEO packaging).

You may have answered this question many times, Rack, so please forgive me, but: Precisely what is the difference between a commercial Neo H3 and the "commercialized" provincial Neo H3, in terms of playing characteristics?

Or, is it not commercialized provincial Neo H3, and rather just commercialized provincial H3 (non-Neo)...?

ConfusedConfusedWackoConfusedConfused

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

You can however find the commercialized version of the Provincial (see the Provincial versions with the full NEO packaging).

You may have answered this question many times, Rack, so please forgive me, but: Precisely what is the difference between a commercial Neo H3 and the "commercialized" provincial Neo H3, in terms of playing characteristics?

Or, is it not commercialized provincial Neo H3, and rather just commercialized provincial H3 (non-Neo)...?

ConfusedConfusedWackoConfusedConfused

Wouldn't know because I never played with either yet.  Don't even think CGS opened one for himself to play with because they were expensive.  From what I heard, the ones the Provincial teams get are higher quality.  For a very short time, CGS had the full provincial team version and the full national version which I was thinking of getting but someone bought them ALL up before I decided (Homer Simpson fist to whoever it was LOL).  The price was also higher too since that version is RAREEEE these days especially since DHS got smart.  He actually posted pics of em on another thread probably buried somewhere in an old post.  The difference is, the full provincial team version doesn't have the blue/greenish packaging around it.  Just the straight up rubber with the white protective sheet and clear Vac Packed.  The commercialized has the full Blue packaging around it vac packed.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:15pm

In short, my "old" H3 NEO Provincial is in fact the current NEO Commercial... Wacko

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:18pm

In short, my "old" H3 NEO Provincial is in fact the current NEO Commercial... Wacko

Naw your old H3 Pro Tuned is NEO Pro (Beta).  Those NEO Pro's were good quality ones too.  Some were very high grade near National quality.  The only diff was that they weren't vac packed so they didn't feel as "fresh" as a vac packed NEO since they were meant to be immediately used as soon as they were shipped to the Prov teams.  We got them weeks to months later (long trip from China to USA) so they weren't as "fresh" which is what Ohhgourami probably got.  The ones I bought I hand picked from CGS's pile so I got some of the best ones when I bought em.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:19pm

I'm not sure if mine is the provincial Neo H3, or the commercial version of the provincial Non-Neo commercial H3 of the provincial team. However, I have a non-commercial National version of Non-Neo commercial H3, but someone said it's a fake and really just a national version of the commercial Neo H3 used by the provincial team at a national competition.

Shocked

It's a good thing for DHS that I love my Neo H2 so much; otherwise, this confusion is enough to turn someone away... Of course, I suppose if people are leaking the provincial products when they shouldn't be, and other people are creating fakes, then it isn't DHS's fault entirely.

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:24pm
So Anton, let's do a little clarifying.  First, is your H3 a NEO or Non NEO because you said first it's a NEO then you said its a non-NEO so gotta clarify that first.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:35pm

So Anton, let's do a little clarifying.  First, is your H3 a NEO or Non NEO because you said first it's a NEO then you said its a non-NEO so gotta clarify that first.

I was kidding... I don't even play with Neo H3 anymore; I play with Neo H2.

I was just trying to write a super-confusing, convoluted description using all the terms: Neo, commercial, commercialized, national, provincial, and H3.

Sorry, apparently the confusing part worked but the humor part did not.

Big%20smile

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2010 at 4:47pm
I have no doubt that CGS sent me the NEO Provincial version in the old dark-blue package, unsealed - BUT pre-glued. My question was directed to Rack.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic