Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Violin-for dissatisfied users

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Violin-for dissatisfied users
    Posted: 02/25/2010 at 4:24pm
Hi table tennis players.

That is a question for
dissatisfied users of wood nittaku violin. Why did you stop playing with this wood? What  didnt you   like at it ?

I am playing with violin.
Most of it bothers me is the hardfeel and a low arch.
I am topspin player and  i think about a similar wood  with a medium feel.

What you you think?

Sponsored Links

pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 4:30pm
If you want a great 5 ply looping blade that produces high throw angle (arch) then try a Avalox BT555.  Paired with Palio Macro Era 42.5 you can power loop far off the table.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 6:19pm
i didnt like violin much either. I always liked acoustic better.

i didnt like the hard feel and stifness of violin.

About bt555 i dont like fl handle (thin for me) and stifness.

My advice in medium feel is going to either acoustic (Lsize if possible) or my EJm sn465.

Both blades are very good looping blades.

I am afraid both are expensive. But this time expensive means good. 

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 6:27pm
Sorry,which rubbers have you used with your Violin?If you interested I may suggest the rubbers I like and use .As far as Acoustic,the newer Acoustic is a good blade,better than the previous version ,from my standpoint,but as EJM said,would be a way to go if not willing to hear about the rubbers.Pm me if you want.Thanks
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 6:41pm
With chinese rubber on BH I missed power with violin. I also noticed that hard outer plies did not match with tenergy rubbers. I felt less control with violin and tenergy. I also missed some stiffness. Violin is medium-hard feel but very thin and with kiri core it is flexible, believe it or not. (not all my violins were the same with stiffness) So I changed to xiom stradivarius but I realized, again, that it has too hard outer plies, so I got avalox BT777 and realized, that limba is the way to go for me.
Now I feel temptation to go back to violin again but I resist, so far.
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 9:23pm

I thought it has been pointed out here on this forum that acoustic was the prefered blade of the two.

AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 10:00pm
Yes I prefer Acoustic at the past, but now I prefer Violin for it's feel and solidness.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 11:14pm
Sorry for being out of topic.
Peter, is that your child ? Congratulations!
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 11:42pm
I have wanted to hit with both of these blades but have not had a chance to hit with either. The last tournament I was at the winner was using the Violin CS. He let me take a look at it. Great quality! 
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Sorry for being out of topic.
Peter, is that your child ? Congratulations!

Thanks Aeoliah...Tongue
Yes, she's 4 months old now Big%20smile

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 11:44pm
There is a website somewhere where they show the manufacturing process for these blades... anybody know the link?
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Thaidog Thaidog wrote:

I have wanted to hit with both of these blades but have not had a chance to hit with either. The last tournament I was at the winner was using the Violin CS. He let me take a look at it. Great quality! 

Yes Violin has the most beautiful wood and greatest quality blade I've ever seen!!
Acoustic has good quality too, buy limba outer ply makes the blade not so special just like other limba outerply blade like clipper, Korbel, Mawenge,etc..
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2010 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Thaidog Thaidog wrote:

There is a website somewhere where they show the manufacturing process for these blades... anybody know the link?

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7198&KW=best+touch

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 5:40am
The problem with acoustic is to get the right one, because there are some differences. violin is more standard.

quality is an important part of the blade but there are several design parameters to get the best result.

I agree with holda that rubber choice is very important with violin. I didnt experiment much with violin so maybe that is why i didnt like the violin set up much.

I think acoustic is an easier blade to match a rubber. from tenergy to chinese it plays well.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 5:50am
I think it's about technique. I can't use T05 on Violin at the past. I used T05 on Acoustic for a while. Now I can use T05 on Backhand of Violin really well. I found it's better for smashing and blocking than acoustic.
Chinese Rubber also plays well on Violin, on Acoustic is softer and a bit faster.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 6:26am
Violin is a blade I directly disliked in the first session. Tried it 2-3 more sessions and nothing changed, so I sold it. Acoustic, on the other hand is a lifetime keeper. (+bought another one with the updated handle)
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 7:34am
Speaquinox, do you prefer Korbel than Acoustic? I'm waiting my Korbel ST to arrived and would compare it to Violin as well.

I've tried my Clipper Wood just now.
Short game is very awful, I miss my forehand a lot, the only good thing is it's good for blocking.
I lost to my opponent 1 set with the Clipper Wood+H3P 41+Demian. When I change to Hking 655 set up, the next set I gave him 11-0 Big%20smile
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 1:00pm
I tried acoustic and couldn't tell much difference from w6, korbel, 555, ye or stiga off or many of the other blades I was selling for rob at that (crazy) time.  They all had a little different tone and some a bit faster, but I couldn't tell why one would necessarilly be any better than the other.  I mean, very good players have used them all at times right?

I think in this sport we have a lot of "emperor wears no clothes."  Nobody wants to admit that they play as well with a sub $40 blade as they do with a $100+ blade.  I think for 90+ percent of the players out there, just an all wood blade that costs less that $50 will serve them as well or better than anything.  I see no reason to pay $150 for a blade at all unless it's like some super grade of hinoki or something.  How much more do you suppose it costs to manufacture a violin than a stiga off?  Maybe $5 more?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 2:16pm

well this happens in everything in life.

What is the use of buying a car of 60,000 euros when having cars in 18,000 euros same use?. 

The point is if expensive results in better to the user, what a lot of times in tt is not.

There are many options and a lot of blades in the market. But the same way tenergy is getting a privileged place, there are blades getting a better position.

It would be better if acoustic was cheaper. But it is not the same a 729 blade as an acoustic. To someone who likes acoustic it is worth to pay the difference.

Manufacturing cost is just one part of the price of a product. And quality materials is another piece. But there are other components.

It is like the joke of a man who gets his Mercedes broke and ask Mercedes in Germany to send an engineer to fix it. When repaired the engineer tells the man he has to pay 3001 $.
Then the man complaints saying how come it costs to adjust a screw that money.
And the German engineer answers, 'the screw just costs 1 $ but knowing what is the screw to adjust is 3000 $'.

I think acoustic is noticeable different from ye or korbel. And there will be people who will like ye or korbel instead of acoustic.

EJ Club.

Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2010 at 3:10pm
My violin is on it's way, so lets see if I join the Violin lovers club or the dissatisfied users club.
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2010 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Ranger-man Ranger-man wrote:

My violin is on it's way, so lets see if I join the Violin lovers club or the dissatisfied users club.

Waiting for your comment and review Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2010 at 6:17am
I just can't help myself :P This came to mind when i read the title.

Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 3:00pm
Ok, had a few sessions with the Violin, with two rubbers so far. And now, I wonder where I should post my review. Suffice to say, I am not a dissatisfied user. :)

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Ranger-man Ranger-man wrote:

Ok, had a few sessions with the Violin, with two rubbers so far. And now, I wonder where I should post my review. Suffice to say, I am not a dissatisfied user. :)

You may post it in the new thread.
Violin is very good pair it with current generation rubber like Tenergy, Roxon Series, Even Neo rubbers.
Tenergy 05 is very spinny and easy to control on Violin. My BH loop is become more spinny and it blocks really well.
Probably the dissatisfied user pair it with old school rubber like Mark V, Sriver. It will become too slow for offensive game, but good for developing player because it has a lot of control.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2010 at 7:22am
i had another issue with violin. I didnt like its vibration. In fact that was the main reason i quit violin.
EJ Club.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

i had another issue with violin. I didnt like its vibration. In fact that was the main reason i quit violin.

Ejmaster, if you like Hking, you should like Violin. Hking is a bit harder, violin is softer.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2010 at 9:33am
Peter,hey!
Do you find any info about Violins with a gold emblem?You saw one of these in "Pictures of your blade" thread
'?
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2010 at 9:39am

that i do not like violin has nothing to do with violin being a very good blade because quality and feeling.

violin, acoustic, hk, old all and soc stiga, sn465 are all in the range of blades i like, because i like feeling wood blades.

hking has also a very good feeling but i do not notice the vibration i get in violin. old all stiga has also a vibration.

maybe i am very sensitive and of course it is just a personal feeling. But i am honest with that. I do not like to be stone opinion.

maybe it is something to get more used.

EJ Club.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Peter,hey!
Do you find any info about Violins with a gold emblem?You saw one of these in "Pictures of your blade" thread
'?

No I don't Confused
Probably it's custom made or still prototype.

Btw I've just check with Nittaku Distributor here.
The New Acoustic/Violin with Gold plate.
Both FL and ST handle of the new gold plate is smaller than the L-sized.
Surprisingly the ST Acoustic that I saw is even heavier than my L-sized.

The normal Acoustic/Violin has larger head size with smaller handle.
The L-sized Acoustic/Violin has smaller head size with Bigger handle.

I just wonder why Nittaku doesn't make the head size of L-sized handle as big as the normal version. Probably if the head size is big and the handle is also big, the weight of the blade would be above 95 gr.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2010 at 2:44pm
I actually like the excessive vibration that the violin has, it works well for me as I get great feel for the ball. And it does not bother me at all.

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic