FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Neo H3 V/s Neo H2 Comparison

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
metallikviper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metallikviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neo H3 V/s Neo H2 Comparison
    Posted: 03/08/2010 at 12:14pm
About me: I'm modern defender who plays with Inverted on FH and Long Pips on BH. My current USATT rating (Feb'10) is 1828. I've been using the Neo H3 Commercial (2.2mm, 40�) for about 2 months now. Just received my Neo H2 Commercial (2.2mm, 39�) last week and have played with it for about 6-7 hours. Both the rubbers were purchased from Eacheng and look legit (both are black). On my FH, I mostly open with pushes and occasionally with open with a loop. Most of my game revolves around loop driving and counter-looping/counter-hitting which I've been very effective at. I've been playing both the rubbers on a Matsushita Pro Special Blade which is a defensive blade but has a good bit of speed (ALL+/OFF-).

Initial Appearance: Both have a good finish to it with some shine. H2 seemed to be a tad bit tackier than the H3. Definitely not as tacky as the regular H3 or H2. The first 15 mins were weird as I had to wait for the tack to wear of a little bit. The sponge on both of them feel a little harder than 40�.

Serves, Pushes and Chops: Due to the tack they were very good for generating spinney serves and could be kept low. The H2 however seemed a little difficult to serve with. Pushes with both were spinney and very easy to execute. The H2 seemed to go a bit faster, but still spinney. Chopping with the H3 was unbelievably easy and very heavily loaded. H2 needed a good bit of adjustment and made the balls sail long on many occasions (I guess I need more playing hours).

Trajectory, Speed and Control: H3 definitely has a much higher trajectory than the H2. Even on chops it was noticeably higher. Once the initial tack wore off the H2 was significantly faster. Especially on loop drives, the balls were like a rocket. H3 seemed to be slightly more controlled and easier to tame.

Slow Loops and Loop Drives: Both these rubbers excel at looping with unbelievable spin and speed. Opening loops were a lot easier to perform with the H3 and were super-spinney. Had to work a little with the H2, but still nonetheless spinney. Had to a adjust a little for the trajectory. Loop drives with the H2 were just monsters. They were low, fast and spinney. H3 however was a little more controlled and had an extra gear for really fast loops. Counter-looping was fun with the H2 and with the correct racket angle could be devastating. I would probably say they are tied in this category atleast for my style of play.

Smashes and Blocks:
Smashing was tough probably due to the tackiness, but since I use it a lot (mostly pop-ups from my pips Evil%20Smile) I've gotten used to it. H3 was a little more controlled, but H2 was faster and stayed lower. Same deal when flat-hitting and counter-hitting. H2 performed a lot better on blocks and kept it low, probably due to the low throw.

To summarize it, they are both great rubbers in terms of offense. H3 suits players that like to control loop and really load up the ball and H2 is geared more towards power loopers and counter-loopers. I think I'm going to stick with the H2. Too bad they don't make a Provincial version though.

Nittaku Vioncello FL
FH: Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH: TSP P1-R 1.1mm
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by metallikviper metallikviper wrote:

About me: I'm modern defender who plays with Inverted on FH and Long Pips on BH. My current USATT rating (Feb'10) is 1828. I've been using the Neo H3 Commercial (2.2mm, 40�) for about 2 months now. Just received my Neo H2 Commercial (2.2mm, 39�) last week and have played with it for about 6-7 hours. Both the rubbers were purchased from Eacheng and look legit (both are black). On my FH, I mostly open with pushes and occasionally with open with a loop. Most of my game revolves around loop driving and counter-looping/counter-hitting which I've been very effective at. I've been playing both the rubbers on a Matsushita Pro Special Blade which is a defensive blade but has a good bit of speed (ALL+/OFF-).

Initial Appearance: Both have a good finish to it with some shine. H2 seemed to be a tad bit tackier than the H3. Definitely not as tacky as the regular H3 or H2. The first 15 mins were weird as I had to wait for the tack to wear of a little bit. The sponge on both of them feel a little harder than 40�.

Serves, Pushes and Chops: Due to the tack they were very good for generating spinney serves and could be kept low. The H2 however seemed a little difficult to serve with. Pushes with both were spinney and very easy to execute. The H2 seemed to go a bit faster, but still spinney. Chopping with the H3 was unbelievably easy and very heavily loaded. H2 needed a good bit of adjustment and made the balls sail long on many occasions (I guess I need more playing hours).

Trajectory, Speed and Control: H3 definitely has a much higher trajectory than the H2. Even on chops it was noticeably higher. Once the initial tack wore off the H2 was significantly faster. Especially on loop drives, the balls were like a rocket. H3 seemed to be slightly more controlled and easier to tame.

Slow Loops and Loop Drives: Both these rubbers excel at looping with unbelievable spin and speed. Opening loops were a lot easier to perform with the H3 and were super-spinney. Had to work a little with the H2, but still nonetheless spinney. Had to a adjust a little for the trajectory. Loop drives with the H2 were just monsters. They were low, fast and spinney. H3 however was a little more controlled and had an extra gear for really fast loops. Counter-looping was fun with the H2 and with the correct racket angle could be devastating. I would probably say they are tied in this category atleast for my style of play.

Smashes and Blocks:
Smashing was tough probably due to the tackiness, but since I use it a lot (mostly pop-ups from my pips Evil%20Smile) I've gotten used to it. H3 was a little more controlled, but H2 was faster and stayed lower. Same deal when flat-hitting and counter-hitting. H2 performed a lot better on blocks and kept it low, probably due to the low throw.

To summarize it, they are both great rubbers in terms of offense. H3 suits players that like to control loop and really load up the ball and H2 is geared more towards power loopers and counter-loopers. I think I'm going to stick with the H2. Too bad they don't make a Provincial version though.

Very nice review! I don't chop so I can't compare the two on that particular technique, but regarding everything else (pushing, looping, driving, etc) I had the exact same experiences with both rubbers. It's nice to see convergent evidence. Smile

Regarding your desire for a provincial H2, I recently heard someone say that they think if DHS made a provincial version of Neo H2 then it would basically be Haifu Whale II. I tend to agree, for the most part. I don't know if you've tried Haifu Whale II, but it may be worth a shot. I didn't care for the 40 degree Whale II, though. I missed a lot of feel for the ball. So I went down to the 38 degree and it's pretty nice (though pretty dang heavy, too).

Anyway, thanks for the great review.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 1:03pm
I agree with almost everything in your review.. that is also how I would describe my experience with H2 and H3..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metallikviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Very nice review! I don't chop so I can't compare the two on that particular technique, but regarding everything else (pushing, looping, driving, etc) I had the exact same experiences with both rubbers. It's nice to see convergent evidence. Smile

Regarding your desire for a provincial H2, I recently heard someone say that they think if DHS made a provincial version of Neo H2 then it would basically be Haifu Whale II. I tend to agree, for the most part. I don't know if you've tried Haifu Whale II, but it may be worth a shot. I didn't care for the 40 degree Whale II, though. I missed a lot of feel for the ball. So I went down to the 38 degree and it's pretty nice (though pretty dang heavy, too).

Anyway, thanks for the great review.

Thanks for the suggestion Anton. Luckily I play with pips on the otherside with .5mm sponge so weight is not too much of an issue. However when you're talking about the BWII, are you talking about the Untuned or Tuned version? As much as I like the effect of tuned rubbers (I loved the way the old H3 played with 3-4 layers of Ultra pure Lamp oil) I don't care too much for the weekly tuning. If you think the BWII Untuned 38� plays anywhere close to the Neo H2 then I'll definitely give it a try.
Nittaku Vioncello FL
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 3:20pm

Thanks for the suggestion Anton. Luckily I play with pips on the otherside with .5mm sponge so weight is not too much of an issue. However when you're talking about the BWII, are you talking about the Untuned or Tuned version? As much as I like the effect of tuned rubbers (I loved the way the old H3 played with 3-4 layers of Ultra pure Lamp oil) I don't care too much for the weekly tuning. If you think the BWII Untuned 38� plays anywhere close to the Neo H2 then I'll definitely give it a try.

I just tuned a sheet of Whale II with ultra-pure lamp oil last night. I've never played with boosted rubber (of any kind or brand) but I'm going to give it a try tonight or tomorrow.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, my positive experience with Haifu Whale II was with the untuned version. I've tried both the factory tuned and untuned version of Whale II and there wasn't a huge difference to me. I've even heard some people say they prefer the non-factory tuned version... but others have said differently. Sorry to be so ambiguous, but I want to be comprehensive in my suggestions! Big%20smile

I guess, in short, I would definitely suggest giving the untuned Haifu Whale II a try. And let me know what you think (maybe in the form of a review comparing the two? You write nice reviews. Thumbs%20Up).

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 3:25pm
I meant BW2 factory tuned, 9 months old.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metallikviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I just tuned a sheet of Whale II with ultra-pure lamp oil last night. I've never played with boosted rubber (of any kind or brand) but I'm going to give it a try tonight or tomorrow.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, my positive experience with Haifu Whale II was with the untuned version. I've tried both the factory tuned and untuned version of Whale II and there wasn't a huge difference to me. I've even heard some people say they prefer the non-factory tuned version... but others have said differently. Sorry to be so ambiguous, but I want to be comprehensive in my suggestions! Big%20smile

I guess, in short, I would definitely suggest giving the untuned Haifu Whale II a try. And let me know what you think (maybe in the form of a review comparing the two? You write nice reviews. Thumbs%20Up).

Well I'll definitely give the Untuned BWII a try sometime soon. If I don't like it, I'll slap on some lamp oil and post a review of that instead.

If the BWII reacts to any way my H3 did, then you'll just love the feel of the tuned BWII. Two suggestions, since its your first time boosting, put it on a slower blade (one notch slower than what you normally use) to get the full feel of the effect. My H3 was curled so much that on the first gluing it completely came undone. I had to reglue it a second time and left a load of my heavy Chem Engg Handbook on it overnight and it still wanted to separate at the edges. Just have to make sure you take off any left over glue before tuning as the oil just softens up the glue and it takes forever to dry.
Nittaku Vioncello FL
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 1:27am
Sorry mate,
have tried BW II and have to say it's not the same as H2..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 2:00am

H2 is also not the same Tongue

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 2:25am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Sorry mate,
have tried BW II and have to say it's not the same as H2..

Fair enough... we all have our own opinions. Big%20smile I certainly don't think they're identical, by any means. However, I do think they're comparable in terms of speed, spin, and especially throw angle (especially in comparison to other hard-sponge-tacky-top-sheet-Chinese rubbers).

They both have a very different feel, though. And, I might add, that although I haven't tried boosting Neo H2, boosted Whale II is friggin' awesome.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 6:46am
Looping with BW II is just not the same as looping with H2.
H2 loops kicks more violently after it lands on the table, and for smashing, H2 is wayyy more deadly than BW II.
BW II is easier to play with though..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metallikviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 8:24am

Looping with BW II is just not the same as looping with H2.
H2 loops kicks more violently after it lands on the table, and for smashing, H2 is wayyy more deadly than BW II.
BW II is easier to play with though..

I'm really not that good to understand these little subtleties so please explain. I thought that rubbers with a high throw (H3, T05) help you loop higher and spinnier and they have a vicious dip/kick once it lands on the table. But, low throw rubbers (H2, T64) have a faster but lower trajectory so the ball is spinney no doubt, but it doesn't have that dip on heavy top-spin loops just powers its way through.

Comparing the T05 and T64 was like comparing the H3 and H2 (with the obvious change in stroke dynamics), but T05/H3 were easier to top-spin while the T64/H2 were easier to loop-drive (maybe with more side-spin).

I guess I'll just have to get a sheet of BWII to feel what its really like. Ever since the Neo series came out the interest in the Whales have gone down.

@Imago: Looking at your signature it seems that you play with H2 and H3 on your BH too. How is that working out? I occasionally play with inverted both sides and I was never able to play with a tacky Chinese rubber on my BH.
Nittaku Vioncello FL
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 1:11pm
You are underestimating the spin from H2, it is quite spiny..
You can check factory rating for both rubber and find that H2 is listed as the more spiny one. So your H2 loop drives might look faster because it kicks more violently.. And although H2 has lower trajectory, I won't call it low throw because it's throw angle is actually quite high..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 2:07pm

H3 is not tacky, it's grippy.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

H3 is not tacky, it's grippy.

SOME H3 are grippy
SOME H3 are tacky

boosting with lamp oil kills the tacky fast.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 2:58pm

Moreover, some H3 are H3. :)

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 8:57pm
h2 vs h3 (all neos)

throw angle:
h2 < h3

speed:
h2>h3

Spin:
h2 slightly less spinny than h3

Control:

h2 < h3

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 12:25pm
It is also possible that H2 seems faster because it has lower trajectory.. Ermm
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metallikviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 3:56pm

It is also possible that H2 seems faster because it has lower trajectory.. Ermm

Could be... But with the same stroke the ball would definitely launch further than with the H3. Also when playing with the robot and the ball set to top-spin and a stationary racket with the H2 almost always made it to the edge of the table while the H3 almost kept dropping to the center.

Physics was not my strongest suit in college, but a trajectory of 45� should travel the farthest and 60� and 30� should travel the same distance.Angry
Nittaku Vioncello FL
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2022 at 6:40am
Minus the Neo this was the same conversation for H2 vs H3 right?

A poster was comparing t64 vs t05 but thats off.  

H2 is more of the T25. = at the table drive 
H3 is more of the T05 and T64 is the most extreme at this end.Softer more dynamic away from the table.

Still I agree with most what is said in the first commenters which is often different to the norm.

I have found H2 to be the more tacky but lower throwing so which is more spinny ends up just being about which particular shot you are talking about.  H3 seems to be more of a mechanical type of spin when only talking about these 2 varieties.  
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2022 at 9:03pm
Why don't we compare exactly H3 to H3 to see the inconsistency of H3?
I should be a blind examination, the tester will not know the other side is also exactly H3.
Then we can pretend to say it is H2, it is H3 neo,...
Then we can hear a statement how different they are...
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2022 at 3:47am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

Why don't we compare exactly H3 to H3 to see the inconsistency of H3?
I should be a blind examination, the tester will not know the other side is also exactly H3.
Then we can pretend to say it is H2, it is H3 neo,...
Then we can hear a statement how different they are...

Just to decode...

You are saying H3 is inconsistent in the batch.  Common complaint.  Generally, I find all Chinese rubbers that rely on tackiness to play more varied because it is the outer surface that makes a difference.  

It's a kind of Zen Master situation you just got to slap them harder to teach them who is the boss now.

Edited by bozbrisvegas - 10/06/2022 at 3:48am
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic