FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Off NCT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
edusena View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edusena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Off NCT
    Posted: 04/06/2010 at 4:07pm
In other topics say its a mid point between YE and YEO.
but how compare with HH and DHS wang hao (not grey). midpoint too?
this blade is very cheap comparing to others.
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 4:19pm
In my opinion if shakehand i would not go with hh and dhs wang hao. Maybe hh656. But hh656 is more difficult blade to handle than yeo or off nct.

I would get yeo or off nct. yeo is more crisp, and off nct has more control.

I like yeo more, but off nct is also good blade.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 4:23pm
NCT Offensive is very nice stiff .Looks like it is easy to loop and play short game,not so good for flat hitting,but one should not be dependent on these shots,imo.
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
edusena View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edusena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 4:35pm
ejm im cpen
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

NCT Offensive is very nice stiff .Looks like it is easy to loop and play short game,not so good for flat hitting,but one should not be dependent on these shots,imo.

it's stiff but not good for flat hitting? how is that possible.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 4:46pm
in cpen from what i heard from other cpens it is more or less the same. the main difference is that hh in cpen goes to thicker blade (up to 5,8 around) so hh is more suitable to play than in shakehand.

but even so, yeo or off nct seems to be easier blades to handle.

both yeo and off nct very good blades. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 4:48pm
i have played against one guy many times and he uses this blade with soft stiga boost rubbers.I think these rubbers kind of silence the wood veneers so much that he can loop like crazy,but fails to just smack the ball when he has an opportunity.the balls end up in the net.perhaps,it is related to his not so perfect technique.but he is best at looping,that is all i can say when he and i play.he is a penholder.

And I just added that YEO is a fine blade,indeed.It is one of these few things that you don't spend too much on but a lot out of.
Be right back...
edusena View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edusena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 5:04pm
holda, thats my intention Off NCT + boost tx + boost ts.
i dont smash much and tx is harder for fh.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 5:08pm
you are on the right track,than.I n fact,I love to have this blade myself with a straight handle.I already know which rubbers I would put on it,but I can only have it if somebody gives it to me a s a gift.I can't buy stuff anymore,as it has gone too far and turned in EJism big time
Be right back...
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2010 at 11:06pm
I'd stay away from it. Its a lower quality offering from stiga. Its also got a tiny headize which makes blade switching impossible with the same rubber. Crappy feel. YEO is a better choice in all areas
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2010 at 4:46am
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2010 at 5:10am
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

+1

Probably the reason why I don't like the NCT that much.  I mainly drive the ball haha Embarrassed  I don't know if I'm dependent on this shot though...
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
edusena View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edusena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2010 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I'd stay away from it. Its a lower quality offering from stiga. Its also got a tiny headize which makes blade switching impossible with the same rubber. Crappy feel. YEO is a better choice in all areas

What make you think its lower quality?
How much smaller it's?
and what you think about control/speed and hardness?
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2010 at 1:50pm
A few people left their comments about this particular blade(see above link to dandoy's).I think they pretty much have been pleased with the playing qualities of these blades.You may find that it is a nice peice of equipment(see its pics at tak9.com) and will add your positive feedback after buying.The opposite could happen,too,but I think these blades are nicely made.They are comfortable to handle and easy to find matching rubbers for.You can't tell unless you try one,unless,you are one of the lucky guys who have a TT shop in town which you can go to and ,actually,look and feel whatever you're interested in.Good luck.Can't go wrong with this one or YEO,I might be wrong...
Be right back...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic