Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The next big TT fiber?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The next big TT fiber?
    Posted: 04/12/2010 at 10:09am
Looks like boron carbide nanowires could be the next big TT fiber used in blades..... LOL

Sponsored Links

despoticwalnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote despoticwalnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 10:24am
Would it protect my precious blade from those insane table tennis drivebys I keep hearing about?
Petr Korbel An
FH:Roxon 450 2.0
BH:Sriver FX 2.1
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 6:15pm
Boron was used back in the 80's in conjunction with carbon in a lot of tennis rackets. The problem was it was really expensive.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 6:23pm
 The next big fiber will be the golden fiber.  It will make  the EJs go bankrupt.
Single Ply Hinoki club
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Thylacine Thylacine wrote:

The next big fiber will be the golden fiber.  It will make  the EJs go bankrupt.

Did you say golden fiber? Where is it? Where can I get a blade with that?! Hmmm?! I must have one! Does Butterfly make one?! Will it make me loop better? I bet I won't have to practice as much! Man... I really need one! Tell me where to find it!!! Wacko

LOL

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 7:13pm

�The next big fiber will be the golden fiber.��It will make� the EJs go bankrupt.

hojim View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hojim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 7:24pm

LOL>>>>>>>>>Big%20smile
American Hinoki 2 ply POC/NWC Shake FL Rakza 7 FH Boost TS BH (testing)
1 ply Hinoki shake FL FH Rakza BH Pride 30
San Wei A5 FH Rakza 7 BH Pryde 30
ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 1:06am

Why stop there? Tongue Let's just keep going and use diamond plies, I'm sure it'd be a hit LOL
Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 8:15am
Prediction:

Stiga will grind up the most expensive thing they can find and put it in milled micro channels and then charge $130 for a blade that plays like all wood.

Butterfly will laminate to carbon and come out with alternate versions of their most expensive and popular blades. People will argue about whether the Timo Boll TBS, ALC, ZLC or XLC is the best blade.

Andro will come up with pretty posters and slick promotional material to be displayed at clubs around the world. Meanwhile, the blades will be produced in China inexpensively and sold for prices comparable with blades produced in Japan.

Yasaka will do nothing.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
tennisfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 9:06am
It is all about money
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Prediction:

Stiga will grind up the most expensive thing they can find and put it in milled micro channels and then charge $130 for a blade that plays like all wood.

Butterfly will laminate to carbon and come out with alternate versions of their most expensive and popular blades. People will argue about whether the Timo Boll TBS, ALC, ZLC or XLC is the best blade.

Andro will come up with pretty posters and slick promotional material to be displayed at clubs around the world. Meanwhile, the blades will be produced in China inexpensively and sold for prices comparable with blades produced in Japan.

Yasaka will do nothing.

Hmmmm... I see what you did here... >..>
prott.co.uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prott.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 1:55pm
UnobtainiumConfused
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by tennisfreak tennisfreak wrote:

It is all about money

i want bty blade with layers of rippoffium
gjairmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gjairmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 3:38pm
the bs fiber...

...wait, its been in use for quite a long while already.....
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 4:01pm
That golden fibre blade will go well with Butterfly Used Tire rubber in 2.1mm.  The only rubber with steel cross bracing and air pressure valve.  The first rubber whose grip is measured in lateral Gs.

Want more speed?  Pump more air.   Gonna work great for the new 80mm balls required in 2011. 

Being a long-time tennis player (with fuzzy yellow balls), the best tennis racquet material after 30 yrs is still graphite.  Vendors went through ceramic in the 80s, titanium in the 90s, and now the current gimmick is to mix it all up (graphite, tungsten, titanium).

I suspect everybody will go back to wood blades after their EJ'ing is done.  Hehe...
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 4:07pm
Y-M-IsoDum
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic