Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 5:09am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Does anyone know what B Tokic was using at the latest TTBL league matches against Düsseldorf?

I believe he was using Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon.

Here you may find the links to the videos, probably you will see Bojan's blade:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72886&PID=933660&title=german-league-ttbl-201516#933660

Here you are, look at the picture and most at the handle radius. 1000% he is not playing what you guys think. uploads/14514/477310024.jpg
Sponsored Links

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 5:11am
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 8:45am
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Does anyone know what B Tokic was using at the latest TTBL league matches against Düsseldorf?

I believe he was using Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon.

Here you may find the links to the videos, probably you will see Bojan's blade:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72886&PID=933660&title=german-league-ttbl-201516#933660

Here you are, look at the picture and most at the handle radius. 1000% he is not playing what you guys think. uploads/14514/477310024.jpg

That's an old picture I believe, that is still Tibhar Stratus Samsonov Carbon.

I couldn't tell from the angle of recent TTBL games on what blade he is using, but mostly likely the same one because I haven't noticed Tokic change much.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 3:34am
It's not that old that picture.  Yes what I see is the design of Tibhar Samsonov Stratus CB ST, but the handle and its radius is from a Butterfly blade. Some of the top players use these kind of ST handles which have special dimensions. If you buy a Butterfly Timo Boll ALC ST blade for example you will get the same handle radius but not with the other important dimensions The standard ALC ST has wideness of 27,5 mm and thickness of just around 22,0 - 22,5 mm. The top players or use a little bit more thickness but same radius. You could tell that these handles are perfect,too for players with average sized hands. That's the secret.  By the way Stratus CB has just weight of maximum 80-85 gr. For top players it is too light and has no power. Most of them use blades with weight of around 90 gr. and even a bit more.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 8:35am

It's not that old that picture.  Yes what I see is the design of Tibhar Samsonov Stratus CB ST, but the handle and its radius is from a Butterfly blade. Some of the top players use these kind of ST handles which have special dimensions. If you buy a Butterfly Timo Boll ALC ST blade for example you will get the same handle radius but not with the other important dimensions The standard ALC ST has wideness of 27,5 mm and thickness of just around 22,0 - 22,5 mm. The top players or use a little bit more thickness but same radius. You could tell that these handles are perfect,too for players with average sized hands. That's the secret.  By the way Stratus CB has just weight of maximum 80-85 gr. For top players it is too light and has no power. Most of them use blades with weight of around 90 gr. and even a bit more.

How do you know the dimensions of his blade? Have you inspected it yourself or know someone who did?

From the picture, plies look like SSCB to me.
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 10:08am
the blade of Jung Youngsik in Croatia Open is OSP or  something ?
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 10:19am
No it's a custom made Butterfly blade with handle design of Korbel and without the lense
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 12:57pm

How do you know the dimensions of his blade? Have you inspected it yourself or know someone who did?

From the picture, plies look like SSCB to me.

Because I got it. Yes you've heard right. I got that blade because it was usually for himself but I had the luck to become one blade with the same handle dimensions which he is playing and just a few other top players in the world. I can tell you 100% for sure. I had so many standard ALC ST blades from butterfly catalogue but there were never this special blade which I have become fortunately. It has just one difference to the standard blade, the thickness of the handle is the secret. The crazy thing is nearly nobody believes me what I have told here at the forum and other forum, but that is for me a very nice problem and a nice coincidence. I know what I got and I don't need to prove someone something. Because this blade and the handle is very easy to play with, specifically modern topspin style and it makes at all a lot of fun to play with it.

I did many test just because of this handle version- and the resume was that it has the perfect handle dimension for average sized hands. Therefore I have build myself another blade with this handle dimensions. If you order from butterfly that blade you won't get it, no matter how much money you pay. I solved the problem and I took standard ST handles from Maze blade and added more thickness to the blade, handles. I just took a Dicon blade and put on the Maze handles. That blade is great. You could put those handles on nearly every kind of blade or veneer. Next I want to do the same with force pro or clipper veneers.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 1:07pm
Yes the SSCB handle in ST is thicker/bigger than standard BTY ST handles for the most part.

Can you post pictures of this blade (and plies) that you have?
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 2:56pm
That's not right. SSCB ST is flat, around 22 mm thickness, but has clearly more wideness around 29 mm and the most difference is SSCB has total different handle radius. the standard ALC ST or Spirit ST and and some more, they have thickness around 22,0 - 22,5 mm thickness and wideness of 27,5 - 27,8 mm . Important is the handle radius also. Pro players have very angular shaped handles, radius.

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 2:27pm
Does anyone know what is Kreanga's current setup?  Blade and rubbers.  I want to emulate Kreanga's infamous backhand.  

Thanks!
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Does anyone know what is Kreanga's current setup?  Blade and rubbers.  I want to emulate Kreanga's infamous backhand.  

Thanks!

check previous page
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 2:40pm
Thank you.  Looks like I have to buy another MJ SZLC
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 2:55pm
Don't know if there was a post in this thread about Sato Hitomi's back-hand rubber.
(She just won the Zagreb Open women's singles.)
skip3119
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 3:36pm
One source indicates Feint Long II, ultra thin.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2016 at 12:52am

Thanks!
equipment's one thing, but form is another. If you already have a stiff, fast carbon blade with some TENERGY on the BH I say you're probably good to go.

But if you really want the real Kreanga experience... Primorac Carbon with a well-glued Bryce can't be beat Wink
pingpongpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2016 at 7:39am
If Kreanga could use his old bat now it would be like heavily abusing steroids haha
Blade: Stiga OFF NCT (Penhold)

Forehand: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO 2.15
Backhand Coppa X1 turbo hard

GLUE: COPYDEX YEY SOO CHEAP DIY TT ftw the win:)
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 11:06am
is somebody knows what equipment using Kizukuri Yuto?
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 11:10am

Thanks!

kreanga is using mszlc and tenergy's 05 fx!!

Edited by malin87 - 06/14/2016 at 11:16am
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 11:29am
Originally posted by malin87 malin87 wrote:

Thanks!

So someone is using that balde.  Great!
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by malin87 malin87 wrote:

Thanks!

Doesn't he use Tenergy 05 (boosted heavily to make it soft to his preference)?

There was something about him using T05 in big tournaments and T05fx in leagues, but since the plastic ball he might have just stuck to 05?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2016 at 7:52am
What is Jorgen Persson using now? I saw his antique Clipper with Donic handle ("...But the handle is mine!") myself, but what about rubbers?
Airoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2016 at 7:43pm
Sato Hitomi's back-hand rubber is definitely Butterfly Feint Long II thin. I held her racket and she told me herself. I didn't ask her the thickness but it looked really thin to me.

Edited by Airoc - 06/15/2016 at 7:46pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2016 at 7:23am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

is somebody knows what equipment using Kizukuri Yuto?

looks like TB ALC. don't know what rubbers ...
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2016 at 9:45am
Simon Gauzy from Cornilleau Aero Soft Carbon to Cornilleau Absolum

Kenji Matudaira from SK7 to Kenta ALC

Masataka Morizono from DHS hurricane King to Innerforce ALC
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
kiligolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiligolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2016 at 4:25am
An efficient blade change for Simon as it seems !!! Clap Heavier serves and returns, but less lightning backhand for the moment !
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 7:28pm
What is Tristan Flore using?
Cybershape Carbon
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Wondered when the question was coming. 

He was MJ / T05 user before.

Then, this:

Not sure if this is what he was with in the current tournament.
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Then, this:

The pic is from Ittf's Flickr account. IMO it looks like Innerforce ZLF
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Giangt Giangt wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Then, this:

The pic is from Ittf's Flickr account. IMO it looks like Innerforce ZLF

Yes on TTD, someone said that many of the upcoming French players use Innerforce ZLF.  But Tibhar doesn't let its top players not use its rubbers.  So this will be interesting.
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 195>
  Share Topic