Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Idk... all these "theories"... Plus those rackets sealed by some guy in europe look super worn. Like beeray said its hard to buy this...

Any pictures of TB's TB ALC during a tournament show it in a fairly good condition.

Here are some older pictures of his racket taken during a tournament, so definitely used (not a photo prop).

Doesnt look like the handle has been altered, or sealed, or etc...

There's another gallery from German Open from the same website, and Freitas "shows" his blade -> Freitas ALC. Evebody knows that he still uses his old Mazes.

Maybe Timo showed a new/clean TB ALC blade only for marketing purposes just like Freitas did.

I agree with that notion.  Pros taking marketing pictures to showcase their signature blades when they are still using the old ones.  Butterfly is notorious for rebranding old blades to meet the demands of signature blades of modern players.  Just like at Mizutani, I was suckered into buying his newly branded blade instead of the old.  Same for Appolonia for IF ZLC, and Freitas for Maze
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 5:03pm
I trust KKP more than anyone else on this forum when it comes to European equipment.
kiligolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiligolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 6:21am
What's troublesome is that these pictures from the german site must have been shot during the racket control test, and there's a good exemple on the next pictures to compare with http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/287/dm-2014---die-schlaeger-der-stars/5
What says kakapo may be true, but in fact, i have never seen any dirty balde in Boll's hand on vidéos, indeed such as dirty as Lars Hielscher !!!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 10:29am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

But in this picture, one of them is very clearly worn. What, did he borrow someone else's used TB ALC and then grab another newer one, pretend to glue some rubber in his room for a super official photo-opp (clearly a casual picture), just to convince us he's using a slightly different Arylate Carbon blade that has his name on it to the real arylate carbon blade that... also has his name on it? 

Also, the picture in that other thread looks like it was attacked by a shark, and has black marker on it? How do I know that THAT one was more legitimately timo boll's blade, but the one that timo is pictured gluing is just pretend? 

Do you see how that's hard to buy? 
Image result for timo boll equipment

It seems you don't know anything about Michel D and the look of the blades he seals :)))
Michel uses to say that his blades are ugly but....efficient.
Just 
You can believe what you want but TB only uses blades prepared by MD who has developed year after year more than 40 different sealing formula only for TB. All these dealings have one thing in common, after the treatment, all the inscriptions on the head have dissapeared. This the same for Gionis Korbel, for Shibaev Korbel (yes, he uses Korbel :)), for Baum Donic esprit.....
MD has prepared all TB's blade from 2006 and in 2006....ALC didn't exist.

Just look in google after Michel Detrigne and you will understand....

What makes different a MD treated blade than a non varnished blade? Spin speed?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 10:34am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by Greenfield Greenfield wrote:

Any one knows Miu Harano equipment , pls post , thanks

Clipper Wood + Tenergy both sides (don't know what versions).

T05/T64, extra thick, 2016 All-Japan Championships.

http://www.tt-ouendan.com/topplay.pdf

Pitty i cant translate

I just spent an hour translating all of these and I was met with an "access denied" page and lost all my work. IF you have any specific questions I can translate them for you. But a few observations:

Only one penholder (So Eka). In 2005, the semifinals of the men had 3 penholders (Kaii Yoshida, Seiko Iseki, Hyogo Kayama). Not coincidentally, all 4 of them are Chinese. In fact as far as I can tell there are only 2 Chinese players on the list (Kazuhiro Chan and So Eka), there are some I am unsure about but those are the obvious ones. That's probably the fewest Chinese players in the top 16 of the men and women in years (the last Chinese player to win the All Japan title was Oh Ki (Wang Hui) in 2010). Only three players (Koki Niwa, Yuka Ishigaki, and Masako Wakamiya), don't use Butterfly products of any kind- the homogenization of playing types and equipment is is truly astounding compared to what it used to be. Hopefully more companies can step up and compete with Tenergy. The only good thing I see is that the women vary in style and equipment far more than the men, but only one penhold out of all 32 players is probably also an all time low.

I want to know what short pips are using the top players and sp penhold players in japan specially the chinese former players like wang yonggang
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 1:35pm

But in this picture, one of them is very clearly worn. What, did he borrow someone else's used TB ALC and then grab another newer one, pretend to glue some rubber in his room for a super official photo-opp (clearly a casual picture), just to convince us he's using a slightly different Arylate Carbon blade that has his name on it to the real arylate carbon blade that... also has his name on it? 

Also, the picture in that other thread looks like it was attacked by a shark, and has black marker on it? How do I know that THAT one was more legitimately timo boll's blade, but the one that timo is pictured gluing is just pretend? 

It seems you don't know anything about Michel D and the look of the blades he seals :)))
Just 
You can believe what you want but TB only uses blades prepared by MD who has developed year after year more than 40 different sealing formula only for TB. All these dealings have one thing in common, after the treatment, all the inscriptions on the head have dissapeared. This the same for Gionis Korbel, for Shibaev Korbel (yes, he uses Korbel :)), for Baum Donic esprit.....

Well, it will be my last post about it....
MD has developed different sealings for more than 40 years. First for himself and then for players like JM Saive.
Then Saive started his great international career with Belgium, with La Vilette Charleroi, with Bad Honef.....so, all the great players who played, trained with him or against him tried some material....
 MD started to develop very different sealings for the players and he keeps on developing these sealings. Even Wang Hao had blades sealed by MD in the world cup of Liege in 2005.
But the first ones were the Saives, primorac, Samsonov, Boll, Maze.
All these sealings have 1 common thing : increasing the sweet spot.
Then, some formulas give you +/- more speed, some +/- more spin. He develops it from player to player with all their characteristics. Then he gives them +/- 10 different blades for trying and they choose.
He does not ask money but ask the players to come near Liege and to train with the young players of his club. The players usually offer him tickets for matches, rubbers, blades, clothes......also, he brings friends with him to Düsseldorf and it is the opportunity for weak level players to train with big guns for 1 or 2 hours :))
Of course, you can't imagine which players came to his house for dinner :)))
He has a box for each players for who he has prepared blades and believe me, there are a lot of boxes...
 Also MD modifies the blades because some players like them head heavy or not. He has different ways to do it. For me, he built a personal blade with ZLF plies on the forehand and Spark or the backhand. The same formula as Baum for the forehand sealing and the same as Filus for the backhand.

I don't know TB's blade weight this week but I see MD next tuesday and for sure he will have some messages from some players in his smartphone (Timo, Samsonov, Gardos, Gionis, Shibaev, ionescu, Franziska, Dima, Han Ying...).....
MD is a simple man, he is happy to be in touch with the champions and to keep on living his passion.

Edited by kakapo - 10/21/2016 at 1:43pm
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 1:54pm
Quote All these sealings have 1 common thing : increasing the sweet spot.
Then, some formulas give you +/- more speed, some +/- more spin.

players using it shouldn't complaint for other players use boosters. this should be illegal same as booster
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 11:05am
Mengel from Mizutani ZLC to Korbel SK7.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 11:19am

Alexander, how do you get this kind of info? Through your brother in Istres?
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 11:32am
I doubt that Gionis is sealing his blades in this Belgian guy, but I cannot be 100% sure beacause he used to play in German league, so maybe he was told to do it from his team-mates, but...I still doubt. Also I doubt that he has played with a 98 grams Korbel. He is very strict to his blade picking up. He always was and he still continues to insist to butterfly to send him 90 grams Korbels, no even a half gram more or less.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

Alexander, how do you get this kind of info? Through your brother in Istres?

Some info I have he confirm if he knows, some he tells me because he knows I like this kind of info.

About Mengel it was easy to see at ITTF Flickr.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 12:50pm

Seems like a lot of pros are going to slower blades with the new ball?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by Greenfield Greenfield wrote:

Any one knows Miu Harano equipment , pls post , thanks

Clipper Wood + Tenergy both sides (don't know what versions).

T05/T64, extra thick, 2016 All-Japan Championships.

http://www.tt-ouendan.com/topplay.pdf

Pitty i cant translate

I just spent an hour translating all of these and I was met with an "access denied" page and lost all my work. IF you have any specific questions I can translate them for you. But a few observations:

Only one penholder (So Eka). In 2005, the semifinals of the men had 3 penholders (Kaii Yoshida, Seiko Iseki, Hyogo Kayama). Not coincidentally, all 4 of them are Chinese. In fact as far as I can tell there are only 2 Chinese players on the list (Kazuhiro Chan and So Eka), there are some I am unsure about but those are the obvious ones. That's probably the fewest Chinese players in the top 16 of the men and women in years (the last Chinese player to win the All Japan title was Oh Ki (Wang Hui) in 2010). Only three players (Koki Niwa, Yuka Ishigaki, and Masako Wakamiya), don't use Butterfly products of any kind- the homogenization of playing types and equipment is is truly astounding compared to what it used to be. Hopefully more companies can step up and compete with Tenergy. The only good thing I see is that the women vary in style and equipment far more than the men, but only one penhold out of all 32 players is probably also an all time low.

I want to know what short pips are using the top players and sp penhold players in japan specially the chinese former players like wang yonggang

Both Kayama and Yonggang used MD Spinpips.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I doubt that Gionis is sealing his blades in this Belgian guy, but I cannot be 100% sure beacause he used to play in German league, so maybe he was told to do it from his team-mates, but...I still doubt. Also I doubt that he has played with a 98 grams Korbel. He is very strict to his blade picking up. He always was and he still continues to insist to butterfly to send him 90 grams Korbels, no even a half gram more or less.

Just for your info, Gionis is MD's best "customer" and I can say..."best friend" among the players:))
Each day, he sent him mails about his feelings about the blades....

Also, each Korbels which are prepared for Gionis are  94-95gr heavy. I have seen a lot of these Korbel and 90gr is really too light for him. Maybe he used lighter ones when he played in France but not from the Düsseldorf time.
But MD was very surprised when Gionis sent him a message to let him know that he will use the 98gr one...
He should maybe have used the lighter one.....:))

Edited by kakapo - 10/22/2016 at 1:43pm
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 2:11pm

Just 

Well, it will be my last post about it....
MD has developed different sealings for more than 40 years. First for himself and then for players like JM Saive.
Then Saive started his great international career with Belgium, with La Vilette Charleroi, with Bad Honef.....so, all the great players who played, trained with him or against him tried some material....
 MD started to develop very different sealings for the players and he keeps on developing these sealings. Even Wang Hao had blades sealed by MD in the world cup of Liege in 2005.
But the first ones were the Saives, primorac, Samsonov, Boll, Maze.
Then, some formulas give you +/- more speed, some +/- more spin. He develops it from player to player with all their characteristics. Then he gives them +/- 10 different blades for trying and they choose.
He does not ask money but ask the players to come near Liege and to train with the young players of his club. The players usually offer him tickets for matches, rubbers, blades, clothes......also, he brings friends with him to Düsseldorf and it is the opportunity for weak level players to train with big guns for 1 or 2 hours :))
Of course, you can't imagine which players came to his house for dinner :)))
He has a box for each players for who he has prepared blades and believe me, there are a lot of boxes...
 Also MD modifies the blades because some players like them head heavy or not. He has different ways to do it. For me, he built a personal blade with ZLF plies on the forehand and Spark or the backhand. The same formula as Baum for the forehand sealing and the same as Filus for the backhand.

I don't know TB's blade weight this week but I see MD next tuesday and for sure he will have some messages from some players in his smartphone (Timo, Samsonov, Gardos, Gionis, Shibaev, ionescu, Franziska, Dima, Han Ying...).....
MD is a simple man, he is happy to be in touch with the champions and to keep on living his passion.

Woah, that is so cool!!! I didn't know different sealant can alter the characteristics of the blade.  I thought sealing it is only to prevent the blade from peeling...  Very cool story my friend, I'm going to share that with my friends tonight when I whoop their butts in tt.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Just for your info, Gionis is MD's best "customer" and I can say..."best friend" among the players:))
Each day, he sent him mails about his feelings about the blades....

Also, each Korbels which are prepared for Gionis are  94-95gr heavy. I have seen a lot of these Korbel and 90gr is really too light for him. Maybe he used lighter ones when he played in France but not from the Düsseldorf time.
But MD was very surprised when Gionis sent him a message to let him know that he will use the 98gr one...
He should maybe have used the lighter one.....:))

Maybe I have been told lies. Or maybe he uses the 90 grams here in Greece. What can I say?!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 8:24pm
does anyone know what Jakub Dyjas uses? I know he is sponsored by Donic.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 9:14pm
For sure sealing could change a blade in some desirable way but you would need to know what you were doing by experimenting a lot and knowing your materials -- both the woods and wide range of different sealer substances.  I am sure of this from personal experience.  First time I ever tried to seal a blade I used several coats of polyurethane.  This must have been around 2004 or thereabouts, and information on the internet about this kind of thing was impossible to find.   I made the thing hard as a rock and completely unplayable. 

That really unhappy experience made me not seal blades years afterword for fear of ruining expensive blades (and really it wasn't necessary to seal blades in the speed glue era).  Even now with water based glues, and at a time when I am convinced there is a good reason to seal a blade that I think is unusually good, I use something that I am quite certain has essentially no effect on blade playing qualities (Revolution sealer) and that even an idiot like me can use safely.  I don't want to intentionally change the blade. 

But someone who took the time to really how to do it could probably get some very interesting effects to alter blade properties intentionally.  Some day I would love to play with a blade that MD had modified.
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 9:02am

2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 9:39am
Thank you for screen grab Chain. I was watching his match against Lebesson and saw the same thing.

Is that Waldner Dicon? 
Im surprised someone is using an OFF- blade 5 ply wood at the pro level. Rubbers have blue sponge so probably Bluefire M1-M2?

Edited by DreiZ - 10/23/2016 at 9:40am
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 9:59am
He uses a custom 7ply based on Donic Master Ultra Power

Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 11:02am

I can confirm what kakapo wrote (sweet spot, spin, speed) as I had the chance to test a few blades that MD prepared for well known players. Furthermore, I know the difference in playing characteristics that this sealing delivered the Viscaria shown here as I played it for many hours:

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 11:50am

Is that blade faster?

Edited by bbkon - 10/23/2016 at 11:51am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 11:50am

What is using jonathan groth? Sounds heavily boosted
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 1:00pm

He is using Viscaria and T05 on both sides.
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 1:08pm
From what I have seen during his match against Lebesson, if I am not wrong , it's a Donic blade , the rubbers are not Ten 05
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Giangt Giangt wrote:

He is using Viscaria and T05 on both sides.

can confirm Viscaria + Tenergy. There was a picture of his racket from one of the earlier tournaments this year.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 3:47pm
Lebesson's racket. On Tibhar website "Emanuel Lebesson Blade, FX-P, Sinus Alpha"... maybe? maybe not.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 3:52pm
No. Tibhar says Lebesson plays with SSCB and MX-P both sides.

BTW: here is Jakub's blade pic (taken from elsewhere here). Think he plays with M1 Turbo (FH) and M1 (BH):
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Jakub Dyjas, not BTY with Donic Dicon handle as I thought.. It's a Clipper like blade.

It seems to be the DONIC Master Ultra Power non-Senso version
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 3:54pm
which tibhar page did you read that on?

http://www.tibhar.com/en/promotion/tibhar-family/#8613

here it says otherwise

... and from pictures thats definitely not SSCB handle.

That handle looks more like this blade to me: 

Edited by DreiZ - 10/23/2016 at 4:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 195>
  Share Topic