Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 3:43pm
How about the new Donic Waldner Off? Heard that it is around 5.4mm and light weight.
BTW ttspirit, doesn't Timo Boll's handle fit you the most? Maybe Butterfly would be about to custom-made the same handle as Waldner's...
Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 3:56pm
Yes ttspirit I agree with you. I was talking about the blades that the handles are closed and not senso. In the handles that are closed, they make holes in middle plies of handle for having better feeling but the most important  reason is to lower the weight. These are 2 things I learned from a guy who works in making blades....shhhWink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

How about the new Donic Waldner Off? Heard that it is around 5.4mm and light weight.
BTW ttspirit, doesn't Timo Boll's handle fit you the most? Maybe Butterfly would be about to custom-made the same handle as Waldner's...

Hi Jasonh, I had the new Waldner Off special edition too. It is like the new Donic Waldner, same veneer construction and with the same thickness of 5,8- 5,9 mm. The handle is same like the standard Donic Dicon, maybe less handle thickness and same wideness, I don't have it anymore.

Yes the suarish handle from Butterfly fits me most but not the standard ALC or SPIRIT ST. I took butterfly handles and added more thickness with layers on each side to become more thickness. Then I took a new standard Donic Dicon,took away the standard handles and replaced them with the butterfly handles but with more thickness, just to have the same handle dimensions like Timo Boll uses all the time.

As I said allready, I have also some favourite blades which I use parallel. Old original Waldner Waldner is one of my favourite blades. You can see it on the picture with the ruler.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Yes ttspirit I agree with you. I was talking about the blades that the handles are closed and not senso. In the handles that are closed, they make holes in middle plies of handle for having better feeling but the most important  reason is to lower the weight. These are 2 things I learned from a guy who works in making blades....shhhWink

Yes that's right but Waldner doesn't play a blade with lower weight. The original modell I have has a weight of around 86 gr. Never the less it is fun to play with it. I play usually with clearly more weight. over 90 gr.. What I want to say is that the pro players don't use normaly blades with low weight- the same to me. Waldners blade is clearly head heavy, most of the experienced players use head heavy blades and I like it too.

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 5:08pm

As I have noticed so many times J.O.'s set up since I started playing tt many years ago, I would say that the left is JO's blade, cause I have seen his rubbers cut really bad for his experience. LOL

Because of the cuttings it is easy to explain. The only secret or not is why Waldners rubbers looks like that is that he cutts it as it would be a different blade-like the very very old Banda allround. The old Banda Waldner allround has different wings and that is just another blade of him. These typical wings had his Banda Waldner off blade which he used to win the olympics, they took the wings of the old Banda allround and have put it on Banda Waldner extra for him. Theses wings were total different as the wings of old Donic Dicon. So you see Waldner uses or used really different blades because they are his favourite blades. He cutts the rubbers like on old old Banda allround to have the same wings, feel on his Jo shape blades. I didn't know all the time but I was randomly doing all the time the same ritus on my original old Waldner Dicon blade. I have cutt it like the wings from my Butterfly Spirit ST. Please try it on your JO shape blade and cutt the rubbers like on the picture above. You need to cutt it approx like the butterfly blades with the wider wings around 89-90 mm wideness. It gives you a better feel, control. I tried it myself. It makes sense. I like it a lot. There are some more cool and nice details we won't get from all the table tennis companies and I know why.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

Well, check this out.
one of those is mine, one is Waldner's. Do you know which one is which?
You can't really compare the blade length itself, since the rubbers are cut really bad on both, but you can at least compare the handle which is pretty much the same... Minor difference might also be due to to perspective.

Your cutting is almost as good as Waldner's! Wink Keep on rolling!

I only had scissors and this is the best I could do :D
Lafetia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lafetia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 4:30pm
Shibayev maybe uses blade Peter Korbel  handmade, or Peter Korbel Japan. But not exactly composite (Viscaria).
Butterfly Petr Korbel fl

xiom omega v asia (max)
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Lafetia Lafetia wrote:

Shibayev maybe uses blade Peter Korbel  handmade, or Peter Korbel Japan. But not exactly composite (Viscaria).

Last blades Shibaev gave to MD for sealing were clippers with Korbel handle.
Probably the only player who play with stiga blades hidden under butterfly handle....and not the opposite.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 8:55pm
At Top 16 Shibaev was using custom made Korbel, no lens.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 10:50am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Shibayev maybe uses blade Peter Korbel  handmade, or Peter Korbel Japan. But not exactly composite (Viscaria).<div id="gtx-trans" style=": ; left: -8px; top: -25px;"><div ="gtx-trans-icon"="">

Probably the only player who play with stiga blades hidden under butterfly handle....and not the opposite.

so he s using now clippers? .nobody will buy that his blade its a korbel with a red line clipper unless MD makes a change

Edited by bbkon - 02/08/2017 at 11:28am
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:50am
Anyone know what Yang Haeun is using? 
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:56am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Shibayev maybe uses blade Peter Korbel  handmade, or Peter Korbel Japan. But not exactly composite (Viscaria).<div id="gtx-trans" style=": ; left: -8px; top: -25px;"><div ="gtx-trans-icon"="">

so he s using now clippers? .nobody will buy that his blade its a korbel with a red line clipper unless MD makes a change

I only saw the blades he gave to MD. They were drying after some sealing process, without handle and these blades were clippers.
Now, I am not able to guaranty you that he used these blades in an official matches or tournament. I can only tell you that he gave these blades to MD for making them sealed. I also saw the Korbel handles apart.
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 4:29am

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I only saw the blades he gave to MD. They were drying after some sealing process, without handle and these blades were clippers.
Now, I am not able to guaranty you that he used these blades in an official matches or tournament. I can only tell you that he gave these blades to MD for making them sealed. I also saw the Korbel handles apart.

Does anyone here know MD?
Is it possible to ask him to seal a blade for me ?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 5:13pm
I would also love to know what one of his treated blades is like.  Not going to happen though.
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I would also love to know what one of his treated blades is like.  Not going to happen though.

Why does he only take in orders from high ranked players?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 6:38pm
I think so.  Maybe he also does some for people he knows in Belgium who are not pros.

I would just be guessing here, but maybe this is because it takes him quite a bit of time to do each one by hand, it is not his main job, and he gets to know some of the top players and even hang out with them and that is a lot more interesting than dealing with the likes of usLOL.

Some people would probably do nothing but complain anyway.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 10:04pm
Perhaps we could ask an owner of an MD sealed blade to pass it around to other members, similarly to the traveling Kreanga carbon!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 11:44am
Maybe butterfly must co opperate with him, and then the new butterfly superMD will comes up!LOL

Cmon guys what the special would make to the wood? Is something god-like technique? Is he someone like Hercules? I am also fixing and repairing blades here in Greece and I would really love to learn what the SO special the blade becomes after this treatment.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 1:44pm
I think some of the users believe in wonder. Please don't overrate that kind of sealing. There are some other intersting facts about a blade as the kind of sealing.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 5:18pm
I know I know.  Some secret millimeter here or there on the handle, some magic dimension.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 10:54pm

Maybe butterfly must co opperate with him, and then the new butterfly superMD will comes up!LOL

Cmon guys what the special would make to the wood? Is something god-like technique? Is he someone like Hercules? I am also fixing and repairing blades here in Greece and I would really love to learn what the SO special the blade becomes after this treatment.

i painted my clipper with some polyurethane resin and the feeling improved more solid
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 2:50am

You made my day Clap

Of course, there is nothing special with these blades, that's the reason why a lot of great players have made the trip to MD's house to bring him blades, let them be prepared and then have come back by car or even sometimes plane to get them personally rather than waiting the postman bring them.....
Of course, all these players are also stupid because they used or have used these blades.....

A last thing before stoping this : there are hundreds of treatments (only for Boll, there are more than 40 developments) depending on what the player wants but also what kind of wood it is. 
 For instance, a treatment for Hinoki outer ply wood won't probably be good for a Koto outer ply.
...that's the reason why it is impossible to satisfy everybody ...with all the personal characteristics of every players and also his own improvements in the game. 
 A blade which works for me might be a nightmare for another player....or not.
Some great players have played with MD blades for many years and some tried it just once then stopped it because they prefer playing with unsealed blades. 

The pro players give him 5 to 10 blades and then test them after his work. Eventually, they keep 2 or 3 of them, give him feed back and then use these blades in some condition. For instance, Han Ying kept 2 blades out of seven. One she uses when she plays in slower condition and the other in more speedy condition (faster table, balls, different ground surface....). He prepared 7 for her.
The only common thing between all the treatments is : increasing the sweet spot but for the rest, some treatments increase speed, some spin, some control. Depending also of the number of layers, the mix between different sealings, the way of drying......all this is the result of numbers experiments for many years.

First MD is a blade refurbisher so he repaires blades and them prepares them but he has develops different sealings for more than 40 years...so his experience is incomparable I think in this matter.
However, he told me there is a Japanese guy who can also do this at this level.

Unfortunately, he has not a lot of time. You can imagine the number of people who have asked him to prepare a blade for him !!! You have to know that the entire process can last over a month and this is a particular work which demands attention, precision and being able to work with some chemical products. MD always use a mask and gloves for protection.
This is not as easy as just putting sealing on a blade and that is finished....
And MD also has a life beside this....

Edited by kakapo - 02/12/2017 at 2:52am
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 5:58am
I'm sure that MD makes a good job because he's an specialist but for all other table tennis enthusiasts MD is not an option because not everybody comes in to the enjoyment. I know there are different ways to treat the various kind of veneers but for me personally it's ok when the sealing is as thinn as possible and that I can do myself and I did it many many times. More important is the equipment you choose for your playing style. I cannot understand why some of the users are so excited about treating or sealing wood. I'm sure that a every good and experienced carpenter that works with all kind of woods could do it same way or better at least. The sealing makes nearly no difference....and I tried different kind of sealings....
Claudiu84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudiu84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 7:38am
Does everyone know Karakasevic equipment? 
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Claudiu84 Claudiu84 wrote:

Clipper Wood with Tenergy 05 both sides.
Claudiu84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudiu84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 8:29am
Thank you!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by Claudiu84 Claudiu84 wrote:

Clipper Wood with Tenergy 05 both sides.

I know about the 05 tenergies on both sides, but as the blade regards, I have seen him playing BTY timo boll ALC lastly...
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 10:06am
At Rio 2016 it was Clipper.. Euro 2016 it was Clipper.. Last week Challenger Series Tournament that he won was with Clipper.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 10:21am
REally? Thanks for the information. Generally Karas changes blades like t-shirts.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
adventurer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adventurer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 11:16am
anyone know what is wang chuqin using right now? 
Nittaku Shake Carbon OFF / Donic Li Ping Kitex

Yasaka Razka 7 Soft MAX / Tibhar Genious MAX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 194>
  Share Topic