Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Originally posted by flamingmdn flamingmdn wrote:

Vladi used a new blade at Portugal open?
Doesn't look like Nyutinck he used before, this has some pink/grey handle.

Vladi ultimate EJ. Used same blade for over a decade (Mazunov) now can't find one as good.

Pretty sure it's just grip tape...and some edge tape to hold it.
Sponsored Links

flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 3:15pm
Yep, there is a grip tape, but that part of the handle which is not taped looks half pink/half grey to me.
Gewo Sensus Carbo Speed | Vega X
Ravil View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 11:29pm
That handle is quite similar to ones on some new Andro blades
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 10:02am
Vladi could be pitching a new Tibhar blade. The tape is used to cover up the name on the lens.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 10:03am
Vladi has been using that for several months, off and on.  Still no idea what it is yet.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

The tape is used to cover up the name on the lens.

I would bet that the tape is used simply because he's a big guy. He's been with Tibhar for 20+ years and he says he plans to stay with them after he retires as a player. I don't think he's trying to hide anything or trying other brands.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

The tape is used to cover up the name on the lens.

I would bet that the tape is used simply because he's a big guy. He's been with Tibhar for 20+ years and he says he plans to stay with them after he retires as a player. I don't think he's trying to hide anything or trying other brands.

I am sure it is a Tibhar blade. The marketing strategy is to keep as much covered as possible to maximize the suspense.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

Originally posted by flamingmdn flamingmdn wrote:

Vladi used a new blade at Portugal open?
Doesn't look like Nyutinck he used before, this has some pink/grey handle.

Vladi ultimate EJ. Used same blade for over a decade (Mazunov) now can't find one as good.

So he must use an Off+ tibhar blade fast like mazunov
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

in a recent interview Vladi said that his blade is VS Unlimited (an ALC blade) and that he also plays with Samsonov Force Pro and Samsonov Force Pro Black depending on how he feels AFTER a tournament. He also mentioned that during his next tourney he might try something else.

Edited by Dream1700 - 02/19/2019 at 8:19pm
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 10:09pm
Professional EJ Big smile
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2019 at 1:50am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Vladi has been using that for several months, off and on.  Still no idea what it is yet.

The blade is the TIBHAR CEDRIC NUYTINCK
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2019 at 4:04am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

The blade is the TIBHAR CEDRIC NUYTINCK

What makes you say that?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2019 at 10:49pm

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

in a recent interview Vladi said that his blade is VS Unlimited (an ALC blade) and that he also plays with Samsonov Force Pro and Samsonov Force Pro Black depending on how he feels AFTER a tournament. He also mentioned that during his next tourney he might try something else.

But black force is not as fast or stiff like mazunov
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2019 at 11:00pm
Long time ago, I kind of believe that Vladi was actually using Tibhar Alpha (of course, upgraded version) considering his soft style of play.   I was amazed to find out later that he actually used Mazunov.

I read that he could not find the perfect substitution to Mazunov.  The question is why didn't he just use Mazunov again (BTY still produces it) disguised as something from Tibhar.  Is Mazunov not suitable anymore in the 40+ plastic ball era?
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2019 at 5:36am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Long time ago, I kind of believe that Vladi was actually using Tibhar Alpha (of course, upgraded version) considering his soft style of play.   I was amazed to find out later that he actually used Mazunov.

I read that he could not find the perfect substitution to Mazunov.  The question is why didn't he just use Mazunov again (BTY still produces it) disguised as something from Tibhar.  Is Mazunov not suitable anymore in the 40+ plastic ball era?

I never saw a picture of him using a mazunov, even if he changed the handle.
I know the comments but....

as for today, most pro players don't use allwood anymore.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 02/21/2019 at 5:45am
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2019 at 8:56am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I do not know if that is his problem, but old and new Mazunov blades play differently and the color of the outer plies is also different.

Ilya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2019 at 9:56am
Originally posted by pingpungpeng pingpungpeng wrote:

Check this thread:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/samsonovs-blade_topic27821.html
You'll see in that clip from youtube that he was using Mazunov. And like almost all the old blades, the new version isn't the same with the old one, at least this is what I've heard.

And in the picture above the handle looks like an Andro blade.

Edited by Thot - 02/21/2019 at 9:57am
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2019 at 11:40am
From Jan'19 interview (in Russian):https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1110&v=9D6UcrClBPI

Vladi specifically states (and repeats this later) that currently he is using Tibhar VS Unlimited with MX-P and MX-S (does not say which side). He gives two other very specific examples: during 2016 Olympics he used Force Pro Black (but two months prior to that he was using the regular Force Pro).

He partially attributes his EJ-ing to changes in the ball regulations and the speed glue ban. Most recent change in plastic material also makes him want to experiment to see if he could compensate for that with equipment adjustments.

Totally believe him. He does not strike me as somebody who changes his handle and then lies about this blade.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2019 at 12:58pm

Edited by pingpungpeng - 02/22/2019 at 5:32am
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2019 at 4:30pm
If contemporary Mazunov is not the same (worse?) with the old one (better), than it might be a great blade for mortals now.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Thot Thot wrote:

Check this thread:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/samsonovs-blade_topic27821.html
You'll see in that clip from youtube that he was using Mazunov. And like almost all the old blades, the new version isn't the same with the old one, at least this is what I've heard.

And in the picture above the handle looks like an Andro blade.

look this picture.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/46051537165/
the part of the handle close to the rubbers.
looks similar to the pic of samsonov.
so still not 100% proven.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 8:00am
I don't know if Samsonov is still using Mazunov but what I'm sure is that he still used it 3 years ago. 
I saw in Michel Detrigne's workshop, 8 Mazunov blades: all 95gr, sealed, prepared in a box , ready to go to Düsseldorf where Samsonov was going to participate at a training camp.

Edited by kakapo - 02/23/2019 at 8:00am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

I don't know if Samsonov is still using Mazunov but what I'm sure is that he still used it 3 years ago. 
I saw in Michel Detrigne's workshop, 8 Mazunov blades: all 95gr, sealed, prepared in a box , ready to go to Düsseldorf where Samsonov was going to participate at a training camp.

I would call this a very circumstantial evidence.
did they have Force Pro Black handles on them?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 12:58pm

this is just one pic I found with a quick search.
clearly not a mazunov.

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 1:08pm
Nope, the blades I saw 3 years ago had normal Mazunov handle.
Maybe someone changed the handle after but not MD ????? Maybe he tester them in training but not in compétition ???? But these blades were sealed for him. MD is still working for him from time to time. They met a long time ago when Vladi played for La Vilette Charleroi in Belgium

The blades I know, which MD sealed and changed handles were:

-TB spirit for Boll with ALC handle;
-Old stiga clipper for Shibaev with Korbel off handle;
-Stiga def for Han Ying with TSP handle.

I forgot Freitas.....Maze off with Freitas handle

Edited by kakapo - 02/23/2019 at 1:22pm
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 1:10pm

clearly not a mazunov.

I didn't write he uses Mazunov, I wrote he ordered 8 Mazunov blades 3 years ago....Clearly not the same meaning....
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 1:16pm

clearly not a mazunov.

I didn't write he uses Mazunov, I wrote he ordered 8 Mazunov blades 3 years ago....Clearly not the same meaning....

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?10890-World-Top-10-Men-s-Equipment-2015-Pictures-(Compared-to-2005)

another picture there, from 2016 it seems.
for me it's clear he parted ways with the mazunov long time ago.

personally, after trying the mazunov, I don't believe a pro player would find it attractive for playing these days.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2019 at 1:21pm
Maybe maybe but we will never know since pro players can change blades 20 times a year....
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2019 at 9:38am
what are calderano new xiom rubbers , amazing spin and speed?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2019 at 12:14pm
O7 tour  fh and o7 Asia bh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 194>
  Share Topic