Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 7:25pm
He uses a Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive with Tenergy of some sort on his fh (probably 05) and some orange or orange/red sponged rubber on his bh..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Sponsored Links

Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Interesting,
Pushblocker, how do you know all these things about Schlager?
Werner and I have been best friends since High School.. I grew up in Austria and moved to the US 13 years ago.. Werner was visiting me in December before he went up to Chicago to play at the Spinvitational. When we played in my garage, I asked him if he played a off the shelf Schlager Carbon and he told me that it's a off the shelf Primorac Carbon with a Schlager handle and that the difference between both blades is that the center ply is thicker on the Schlager Carbon and that this brings the weight to 95 - 96 grams and that he likes his blades exactly 91 grams.
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

I have changed Zhang Jike's bh to Bryce Speed. I'm also pretty certain that's what he uses, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Pushblocker: That was a really interesting read! It's always fun with some inside info, and especially when it's about the player that really started my interest for TT about 7 years ago! (I have the DVD's from the 2003 WTTC and watch them whenever I get a bit tired of TT. Schlager was simply amazing through the whole tournament!)

IceObsession: Again, thank you so much!

Updated the first post with more female players!
I was actually surprised when he told me that it was actually basically a off the shelf blade (even though not really a Schlager Carbon).. I know that he would have the option that Butterfly makes a blade specifically for him. Some Pro's do NOT play off the shelf blades like Werner does. His blade (except for the grip) is no different than what anybody else plays if they get a Primorac Carbon from Butterfly.. Again, the difference to the Schlager Carbon is mostly the extra weight. Most Pro's are VERY specific when it comes to blade weight..

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 5:33am
Congratulations to Butterfly for its quality control. Even Werner Schlager uses commercial Butterfly products, off the shelf. 
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 12:49pm

Congratulations to Butterfly for its quality control. Even Werner Schlager uses commercial Butterfly products, off the shelf. 

I've used Butterfly blades and long pips rubbers before and the long pips lasted for 10 years.. Long Pips of other brands often start losing pips after 20 - 30 hours of play.. Butterfly definetely makes quality products! I also have pretty good experience with TSP products. Japanese quality is definetely better than chinese quality.. However, you can buy a lot more chinese equipment for the same money than japanese equipment..

Too bad that Butterfly doesn't make a slow long pips blocking rubber.. Their long pips are more geared towards choppers and not blockers..

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 2:05pm
I'm impressed by Schlager's dedication to this Topic. 
Very good administration. Clap

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 3:11pm
Good to hear, Stavros :)

It might take a day or two for me to update the list right now. Got both moving and exams going on right now, but I'll try my best to keep it up!

Does anyone know which blade Christian S�ss is using btw? And if he has changed his Tenergy's?

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 4:52pm
Any spottings from Moscow?

I think I saw some Tenergy looking sponge on Tugwell's racket, and a Clipper of some sort on Smirnov's racket.

stepheN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepheN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 6:43pm
afaik S�ss plays with a Boll Spirit, rubbers are still Tenergy05.

Ovtcharov's black (forehand) rubber is a tenergy aswell (didnt see exactly which one), his red bh rubber is a donic. when he is smashing the ball, he is changing to his red rubber!

smirnov with clipper + 2x Tenergy, got a picture from the ittf screen when his racket was laying on the table, you could see the tenergy sponge.

timo still with tenergy and alc but probably not that happy right now: after missing a shot vs. mizutani in the 5th set (the point from 8:7 to 8:8) he is shouting "Schei� Bel�ge" -> "f*cking rubbers"

if you watched the complete game, you could see him often looking to his (mostly fh-) rubber after missing a shot again...
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 11:45pm
From Moscow, Petr Korbel seems to have switched back to his old Korbel OFF (5-ply) blade and uses some kind of Tenergy on both sides. I'm assuming its T05 since that was what he used before.

From the Moscow discussion thread, courtesy of member AMontiero:

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Looks like Korbel is back to his trusty 5ply blade instead of Korbel SK7

Viscaria
T05/T64
martu35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martu35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2010 at 6:37am
do you know skachkov's rubber?blade?
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2010 at 5:42pm
What rubber does Dimitrij Ovtcharov use on the backhand guys?? any pics

Thanks
Dafydd393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2010 at 6:12pm
Pretty sure he was using Donic Coppa Speed although he may have moved onto one of their new rubbers, Acuda perhaps?
Blade - Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL
Fh - Boost TC 2.0mm
Bh - Boost TC 2.0mm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2010 at 8:47am
Originally posted by stepheN stepheN wrote:

Ovtcharov's black (forehand) rubber is a tenergy aswell (didnt see exactly which one), his red bh rubber is a donic. when he is smashing the ball, he is changing to his red rubber!

smirnov with clipper + 2x Tenergy, got a picture from the ittf screen when his racket was laying on the table, you could see the tenergy sponge.

timo still with tenergy and alc but probably not that happy right now: after missing a shot vs. mizutani in the 5th set (the point from 8:7 to 8:8) he is shouting "Schei� Bel�ge" -> "f*cking rubbers"

if you watched the complete game, you could see him often looking to his (mostly fh-) rubber after missing a shot again...
do you know the set up of wu jiaduo,patrick franziska,floritz?
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2010 at 4:28pm
what equipment  WANG Yuegu uses.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 1:22am
Originally posted by hut8 hut8 wrote:

what equipment  WANG Yuegu uses.
tsp ludeack + tyrano pips
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 3:06am
Originally posted by martu35 martu35 wrote:

do you know skachkov's rubber?blade?

I am not sure but I think he is using nittaku accoustic and some kind of tenergies
Blade: BTY Balsa Carbo X5 An
Fh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
Bh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
stepheN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepheN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 3:51am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

do you know the set up of wu jiaduo,patrick franziska,floritz?

Patrick Franziska: Boll ALC with 2x Tenergy05
Philipp Floritz: blade is switching between various old Stigas: Hornet/Mellis/Ehrlich, Grip-S or Genius (he used to use Genius, but there are guys who say  he is playing Grip-S, cant tell for sure)

i dont know what wu jiaduo is playing, sorry.
netskater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netskater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 4:24am
Feng Tianwei`s blade is Stiga Tube Carbo.
Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 4:31am
Originally posted by netskater netskater wrote:

Feng Tianwei`s blade is Stiga Tube Carbo.

In the Ding Ning x Feng Tianwei video, there was a Tube Carbo and Ebenholz on the table. Don't know which belonged to Feng though. The Stiga website says Feng uses Ebenholz. Not sure though...
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 6:22am
Feng Tianwei was using the Tube Carbo!

Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

Feng Tianwei was using the Tube Carbo!

Thanks!
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 11:46am

Doesn't he use  an Andro blade? From what I saw at this WTTC he wasn't playing  with Boll Spirit. Maybe I'm wrong?!
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 12:09pm

"sh*tty rubbers!"? LOL

le xex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le xex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 12:30pm
was timo still using tenergy 05 on the black side? The sponge on the black seemed different than that on the red side, and he was using red for his FH...maybe he gave t05 fx a shot?
Hughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 1:04pm
Is there an online catalog for this equipment. I'll keep looking around here. Thanks.

Jordan.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by le xex le xex wrote:

was timo still using tenergy 05 on the black side? The sponge on the black seemed different than that on the red side, and he was using red for his FH...maybe he gave t05 fx a shot?

Look at 10:07 minute against Ma Long. Timo's black rubber is definitely not T05. The sponge is like Bryce Speed's or similar or something else.
What's the sponge color of T05 FX?
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Ciprian Ciprian wrote:

Doesn't he use� an Andro blade? From what I saw at this WTTC he wasn't playing� with Boll Spirit. Maybe I'm wrong?!

no, I'm also saw some kind of andro handle in this wttc
Blade: BTY Balsa Carbo X5 An
Fh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
Bh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 3:01pm
he still uses the supercore kinetic off+ blade recognizable by the handle

thewook82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewook82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

I've used Butterfly blades and long pips rubbers before and the long pips lasted for 10 years.. Long Pips of other brands often start losing pips after 20 - 30 hours of play.. Butterfly definetely makes quality products! I also have pretty good experience with TSP products. Japanese quality is definetely better than chinese quality.. However, you can buy a lot more chinese equipment for the same money than japanese equipment..

Too bad that Butterfly doesn't make a slow long pips blocking rubber.. Their long pips are more geared towards choppers and not blockers..

Have you tried Donic Akkadi? Don't know much about it other than that Fabian Akerstrom (World's top frictionless long pimple players) is using that rubber. Not as good as the old Hallmark Original rubber (of course!) he used to use but he did say that he'd been using the same rubber for over a year... I remember the old ones randomly losing pips pretty quickly.

I did some filming with him at the Worlds Champs that just finished and I'll be making some videos in the not too distant future.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 194>
  Share Topic