Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DaNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

Blade: Avallo AVX P700
FH: 729 802
BH/RPB: Tibhar Nimbus (Previously Tibhar Rapid X-press)

Do you have picture of his blade, and thickness of his rubber, thank you very much Smile

Edited by DaNgo - 10/27/2014 at 11:53pm
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2014 at 10:18pm
Does anyone know what Steffen Mengel uses?
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2014 at 10:28pm
Mengel uses Mizutani + T05 both sides.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

you know everything AMonteiro haha!

Do you have a source by any chance?
Main:

Chopper:

Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 2:02am
Originally posted by DaNgo DaNgo wrote:

Do you have picture of his blade, and thickness of his rubber, thank you very much Smile

it was a very old set up. at least in London Olympic, he used tibhar wang zeng yi. now, he uses CL.

Edited by Johnny1996 - 10/28/2014 at 2:04am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Johnny1996 Johnny1996 wrote:

Originally posted by DaNgo DaNgo wrote:

it was a very old set up. at least in London Olympic, he used tibhar wang zeng yi. now, he uses CL.

i know that wang zenyi played with somethin difrent that 802 in the last worlds ,the pressing is diffrent
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 8:11am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

This link shows the pictures of germans players' bats. It was from 2014 German Nationals.

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 8:53am
Same goes in France, most pros are playing with ST handle. Many, Many Many Timo Boll Spirit Blades in French Pro A league. 

Most pros are changing blades 3-4 times per season. They have to glue with water based glue and the water based glue make the wood, little by little, slower and softer.

Some, use to their good old blade (Good old 100gr Primorac Carbon is quite popular also), they use VOC-normal-glue on their bat, but they change their rubbers only when there is 10+ days without official matches. Many pros have raged ALOT to have slower their lovely blade with water glue.........

Edited by vivan4tt - 10/28/2014 at 9:00am
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 10:12am
They change blades so often because they re-glue all the time due to boosting.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

They change blades so often because they re-glue all the time due to boosting.

Nah - topsheet/rubber wear is more impactful at that level than boosting.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 11:02am
Originally posted by vivan4tt vivan4tt wrote:

Same goes in France, most pros are playing with ST handle. Many, Many Many Timo Boll Spirit Blades in French Pro A league. 

Most pros are changing blades 3-4 times per season. They have to glue with water based glue and the water based glue make the wood, little by little, slower and softer.

Some, use to their good old blade (Good old 100gr Primorac Carbon is quite popular also), they use VOC-normal-glue on their bat, but they change their rubbers only when there is 10+ days without official matches. Many pros have raged ALOT to have slower their lovely blade with water glue.........

Yup, Ovtcharov also said in an interview that repeated gluing with WBG softens the blade and makes it lose its crispness and makes it slower.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 11:42am
The issue is that when you buy a ~400$ Super Zlc blade and you ruin your Outer limba/Koto layer by using WBG many time. 

We are not pros, i was lucky enough to make many of my 100+$ blades chosen by Xu Gang (Chinese pro player in France) : a Boll ALC, a Timo Boll Spirit and a Viscaria Light. Its not like i can get four TBS selected by a pro per seasons (or even want to pay for it)............so i just want my lovely blades to last forever and there is no way i'll use WBG on those blades.  
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 11:48am
Is that Guang ?
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 11:52am
Isn't that the point of sealing? To prevent splintering and avoid the WBG "damage"? :)
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 12:01pm
Chopper88 > you can see Xu Gang playing in Fench Pro B here for example : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw6p6k_xu-gang-sebastien-jover-a-morez_sport.

Originally posted by dannyreventon dannyreventon wrote:

Isn't that the point of sealing? To prevent splintering and avoid the WBG "damage"? :)

If you seal your blade then its not an issue of course, the water will evaporate 100% and not penetrate the outer wood layer. 
But their is only a few blade sealed when they are brand new, and its not the case for Butterfly blades i own (TBS, TB-ALC and Viscaria light) and i don't plan to seal them since it can change de feeling and touch of the blade. 

i just use VOC normal glue. I have to go to traing now guys.

Keep in mind that my TBS/TBALC/VL were chosen among 20+ TBS/TBALC/VL which were not for mass market but already pre-selected for pro-teams or semi-pro teams. 

I'm looking to get a viscaria "selected" also. Have spoken with Xu Gang concerning the "cutom made" viscarias, he can get me one of those selected viscarias (and by him after) for a fair price compared to what we can find on the web (they are about 300 euros.....). But he is telling me my blades are already the top quality......but still i'm a nerd when its concerning blades lol.

Edited by vivan4tt - 10/28/2014 at 12:16pm
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 12:45pm

This link shows the pictures of germans players' bats. It was from 2014 German Nationals.

As usual, Dimas bat is missing. Makes you wonder if his equipment is top secret.
Petermoo
AcudaS1 Max
JO Silver
Butterfly Gergely Carbon
http://petermoo.blogspot.com/
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 2:11pm

can they pass the RAE test?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 3:06pm

Chopper88 > you can see Xu Gang playing in Fench Pro B here for example : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw6p6k_xu-gang-sebastien-jover-a-morez_sport.

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
Originally posted by dannyreventon dannyreventon wrote:

</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">If you seal your blade then its not an issue of course, the water will evaporate 100% and not penetrate the outer wood layer. </span>
But their is only a few blade sealed when they are brand new, and its not the case for Butterfly blades i own (TBS, TB-ALC and Viscaria light) and i don't plan to seal them since it can change de feeling and touch of the blade. 

i just use VOC normal glue. I have to go to traing now guys.

Keep in mind that my TBS/TBALC/VL were chosen among 20+ TBS/TBALC/VL which were not for mass market but already pre-selected for pro-teams or semi-pro teams. 

I'm looking to get a viscaria "selected" also. Have spoken with Xu Gang concerning the "cutom made" viscarias, he can get me one of those selected viscarias (and by him after) for a fair price compared to what we can find on the web (they are about 300 euros.....). But he is telling me my blades are already the top quality......but still i'm a nerd when its concerning blades lol.

which brand of VOC glue do you use?
Main:

Chopper:

Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 3:30pm
I've always been curious, what booster do european players use? For that matter, what booster do chinese players use on their tenergy?
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 5:02pm
I don't think that they use booster for their tenergies.I think that this is happening also in chinese players...they don't need to use booster on tenergies..they are pretty fast from their own.Another thing is that I have never seen the edges from the tenergy rubbers to be up (after boosting) like the hurricanes and the skylines of the chinese players.Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I don't think that they use booster for their tenergies.I think that this is happening also in chinese players...they don't need to use booster on tenergies..they are pretty fast from their own.Another thing is that I have never seen the edges from the tenergy rubbers to be up (after boosting) like the hurricanes and the skylines of the chinese players.Wink

If you've never seen what tenergy looks like when it's boosted, just take another look at the german championship photos. The only one that doesn't look like it's boosted to the limit is Boll's racket. 

Wink
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 6:28pm

Are you talking seriously? Or are you just talking in ironic mode??
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 8:09pm

Have seen Chuang's (CCY) racket boosted somewhere on this forum when he came to U.S. and he uses Tenergy....
Main:

Chopper:

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 9:00pm

I've always been curious, what booster do european players use? For that matter, what booster do chinese players use on their tenergy?

I know that the STIGA booster is pretty popular among the European players, not sure about Chinese players. However many pros also uses baby oil. 

Edited by Fehrplay - 10/28/2014 at 9:03pm
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

I know that the STIGA booster is pretty popular among the European players, not sure about Chinese players. However many pros also uses baby oil. 

Pros use baby oil.... LOL LOL
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

Pros use baby oil.... LOL LOL

In his defense, in that sentence, he didn't explicitly specify what they use it for Stern Smile
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 9:21pm

which brand of VOC glue do you use?

I use normal VOC glue, still realy easy to find that in France. 
Personnally I buy this one : http://www.amazon.de/Imperial-Belagkleber-250-ml-Stück/dp/B00BK4W968

I use it just like good old speed glue, ultra fast and ultra easy glueing

vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 9:28pm

Yup, pro or semi pro players are all using booster. They use various boosters btw, i don't think this realy change something, but as example there is "Falco Long Bosster". 

Concerning the rubbers and espascially the Tenergies, the "pro" tenergy is not the same as the mass market tenergy. The "national" Tenergy have harder sponge, the harder sponge will become more soft after the usage of booster. The topsheet is more elastic also.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by petermoo petermoo wrote:

As usual, Dimas bat is missing. Makes you wonder if his equipment is top secret.

its not, its a donic blade and tenergy both sides but I guess they don't want a picture of it on their website because he is sponsored by donic but shouldn't be showing off that he is using Tenergy. That's why you don't really see close-ups of his racket during matches either.

Its kinda funny how this whole marketing thing works. When I was watching Boll vs Ovtcharov match in WC recently they zoomed in on Boll's racket almost every time he served, but when Dima served it was almost never zoomed in on his racket and shown from "eye in the sky" angle. It's like the media people are given instructions on NOT to zoom in on Dima's serves... Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

Edited by DreiZ - 10/28/2014 at 11:14pm
Main:

Chopper:

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 2:21am

Originally posted by petermoo petermoo wrote:

its not, its a donic blade and tenergy both sides but I guess they don't want a picture of it on their website because he is sponsored by donic but shouldn't be showing off that he is using Tenergy. That's why you don't really see close-ups of his racket during matches either.

Its kinda funny how this whole marketing thing works. When I was watching Boll vs Ovtcharov match in WC recently they zoomed in on Boll's racket almost every time he served, but when Dima served it was almost never zoomed in on his racket and shown from "eye in the sky" angle. It's like the media people are given instructions on NOT to zoom in on Dima's serves... Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

whats the point of protecting dima when donic is german based,it hard to hide that you re not using donic when you play in germany
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 195>
  Share Topic