Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The importance of the design. Inn Alc vs Tg 825.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The importance of the design. Inn Alc vs Tg 825.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The importance of the design. Inn Alc vs Tg 825.
    Posted: 05/09/2010 at 9:42am

These days i have been testing dhs tg 825. I am working in a 7 ply blade so i am trying different 7 ply blades to learn and to test.

With the tg 825 i realized again the importance of the design in a blade besides the manufacturing and the materials.

The tg 825 is an awsome blade with a bad design. It is a 7 ply blade with a little thicker inner between two very thin layers and 2 thin koto outers. In some way dhs gets true the ratio speed control they claim. The blade has an awsome feeling and solidness (thickness must be around 6,2 mm).

Tg 825 blade size, FL handle length and FL thickness and weight balance gets awful. Big blade size with short and thin handle. very head heavy balance and uncomfortable.

The innerforce alc is 5 w + 2 AC. It is a harder fiber than tg825 with 2 wood outers (limba outer) to get softer touch. At the end it is a harder than tg825 flexible blade. The flexibility in the Innerforce series has much to do with the thickness of the blade (quite thin blades).

I like better the feeling of the tg825 because it is more linear and also i like the solidness more. Though i am liking more the innerforce than before still that thin and hard with flex concept loses some stability and solidness and the score though getting better with the time, it is there to point out some lack of linear solid feeling.

However, at the end the Inn Alc in my opinion wins the match against the tg825. Much quicker reactions blade because of the blade balance. More comfortable to handle what brings control. even more stable flexibility.

In conclusion, the awsome manufacturing plying and solidness feeling in tg 825 gets ruined because of design parameters and loses the match against the Inn Alc.  

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

elpmip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elpmip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2010 at 8:25am
Can the moderators remove "helma" from corrupting this forum by talking giberish.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2010 at 5:59pm

btwy elpmip, i always read your posts. They are very interesting ones.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2010 at 6:40pm
Guess what a very well-known chinese blade manufacturer is brining in innerforce clone range and i may soon be getting a few.. :)
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2010 at 7:40pm

why an innerforce clone?, when a better innerforce type blade can be made. several design parameters can be improved.

EJ Club.

cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 5:49pm
You could always just shave down the head to 157x150 for better balance.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

You could always just shave down the head to 157x150 for better balance.

problem solved.

or else load up the handle or else change it :P
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 8:47pm
As recently as 2010, Equipment Reviews in the General Forum would happen.

I can fix the past.
But not from my phone.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

These days i have been testing dhs tg 825. I am working in a 7 ply blade so i am trying different 7 ply blades to learn and to test.

With the tg 825 i realized again the importance of the design in a blade besides the manufacturing and the materials.

The tg 825 is an awsome blade with a bad design. It is a 7 ply blade with a little thicker inner between two very thin layers and 2 thin koto outers. In some way dhs gets true the ratio speed control they claim. The blade has an awsome feeling and solidness (thickness must be around 6,2 mm).

Tg 825 blade size, FL handle length and FL thickness and weight balance gets awful. Big blade size with short and thin handle. very head heavy balance and uncomfortable.

The innerforce alc is 5 w + 2 AC. It is a harder fiber than tg825 with 2 wood outers (limba outer) to get softer touch. At the end it is a harder than tg825 flexible blade. The flexibility in the Innerforce series has much to do with the thickness of the blade (quite thin blades).

I like better the feeling of the tg825 because it is more linear and also i like the solidness more. Though i am liking more the innerforce than before still that thin and hard with flex concept loses some stability and solidness and the score though getting better with the time, it is there to point out some lack of linear solid feeling.

However, at the end the Inn Alc in my opinion wins the match against the tg825. Much quicker reactions blade because of the blade balance. More comfortable to handle what brings control. even more stable flexibility.

In conclusion, the awsome manufacturing plying and solidness feeling in tg 825 gets ruined because of design parameters and loses the match against the Inn Alc.  

is tg825 the same as pg7?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

As recently as 2010, Equipment Reviews in the General Forum would happen.
I can fix the past.
But not from my phone.

Moved Wink
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic