Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VOC-Free Glue Sheets (Donic)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 11:38pm
my YEO is sealed but it seems like with a very light coat (from megaspin). think finezip would work?

bump on the donic glue sheets review?
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 6:52pm

can anyone review the donic glue sheets from megaspin. THey are in the link i updated the first post. plz urgent?

they would be to be used with xtend hs and h3 neo
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 7:33pm
The YEO will need a light coat of seal if you plan to EJ a lot of rubbers on it. If you are going to just leave them on, then its up to you. When I pulled off rubbers from my YEO there were thin and very small splinters coming off. If you plan to seal, Andro water based sealer works very, very well. Maybe the same as Donic and Xiom formula. As far as factory YEO seal, if it has one, it did not prevent splinters. As far as seal from megaspin, if you PAID for a coat of seal and they explicitly said they did that, then maybe you don't need to seal. Water based glues are strong and on certain softer outer plys, the ply can be damaged badly if you peel too fast/too much/wrong direction to the grain. Best bet is a light coat of water based seal -- realize this seal WILL change the blade to varying degrees. More coats will make the outer harder.

1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by figgie figgie wrote:

Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

so far, nothing beats Nittaky Finezip.  only problem is...its the most expensive glue.  peels off the sponge really easy!  i absolutely love that part about Finezip!

Joola X-glue is decently priced and plays well.  Just dont expect to remove the glue from the sponge though...

how often do you guys remove the rubber and the other question is, why in the hell would you?

Once I glue, that rubber does not come off my blade until it is going to get replaced. That means 6 months-10 months of playing.

Parafin Oil will remove the glue, but you may get unwanted tuning in the process. Best thing is to figure out what rubber you like and leave it on till it is dead. Sometimes this is easier said than done. On cheaper sheets, PO will take it off by softening it up enough to peel it back with your thumb. I have had little problem taking finezip off all but the softest sponges without PO or any other chemical, it usually comes off nicely. But it did tear up a Mark V sheet for some reason.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

The YEO will need a light coat of seal if you plan to EJ a lot of rubbers on it. If you are going to just leave them on, then its up to you. When I pulled off rubbers from my YEO there were thin and very small splinters coming off. If you plan to seal, Andro water based sealer works very, very well. Maybe the same as Donic and Xiom formula. As far as factory YEO seal, if it has one, it did not prevent splinters. As far as seal from megaspin, if you PAID for a coat of seal and they explicitly said they did that, then maybe you don't need to seal. Water based glues are strong and on certain softer outer plys, the ply can be damaged badly if you peel too fast/too much/wrong direction to the grain. Best bet is a light coat of water based seal -- realize this seal WILL change the blade to varying degrees. More coats will make the outer harder.

yeah i did the one from megaspin which i payed for, but it seems very light, i dont EJ rubbers or anything, i just dont want splinters to come of when i change rubbers when they die.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 10:19pm
if megasping truly did it, i wouldnt re-seal it. just glue it up and be done with it. that is what i think. i would use finezip and cosmetic makeup sponges.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2019 at 12:28pm
Are there any VOC-free glue sheets out there that work well? Anyone have experience with this brand?

NOTE: In my experience, sealing is a MUST when using glue sheets unless you like peeling off the top ply of your blade when removing. ;-0

Edited by tommyzai - 03/11/2019 at 12:35pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2019 at 12:31pm
Okay, I just did an online search and found some crazy prices for Butterfly sheets on eBay. Didn't find Donic, yet.

Edited by tommyzai - 03/11/2019 at 12:33pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic