FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

14 year old portuguese kid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 8:12pm
he can be critized ofc, if its logical and constructive criticism, otherwise is just being negative and just hating...
Sponsored Links

takethat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takethat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 9:00pm
PUT A BILLION IN A MACHINE A FEW ROBOTS MUST COME OUT
sharkcard
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2010 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by takethat takethat wrote:

PUT A BILLION IN A MACHINE A FEW ROBOTS MUST COME OUT

Yeah right. If you can't beat them it's because they have too many people LOL
77g33k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77g33k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2010 at 12:46am
What I noticed about this kid is that he usually takes his opponents by surprise through his backhand, seems to get more points from that side. Needs to build up those penetrating shots since he usually wins  by his opponents lack of tactical positioning(youngsters usually have this problem).

Also seems to rely more on his rubbers catapult effect...

Messing opponents with their own spins.
----------------------------------------------------
Main:
Sunflex Pro
Rubbers:Focus III/Nitakku Express

Back-up:
Globe Whirlwind
Rubbers:Palio CJ8000/DHS 652
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2010 at 1:42am
Impressive kid! I know some are comparing him to Timo but he reminds me more of Christophe Legout.

Positive: Excellent FH to BH transition especially FH loop to BH off the bounce loop combination.

Negative: Only time will tell if the knee will be a long term problem.  I do see why he's straining it.  Check out the video pedro provided (thanks, buddy!). 
There is a long point that starts at 2:40.  At 2:49, he gives an off-balanced BH loop, understandable since he was scrambling.  He does this at 1:27 also.  He puts pressure on his right knee doing this.  On the FH side, at 2:50, he does a FH loop with a back leg follow through.  He does this again at 2:59.  These are not isolated incidents.  He continually does this.  I think either his coach needs to make some corrections, however minor, to his technique or continue what he's doing (usually when off balanced) and just strenghthen his legs with exercises.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2014 at 7:50pm
just a reminder of his evolution so far: Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y36PM9903pg

and also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjr8LvdAEcI

Edited by rui pedro81 - 03/31/2014 at 10:14pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2014 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by rui pedro81 rui pedro81 wrote:

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjr8LvdAEcI

and also this:
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y36PM9903pg
============================

Link not working.
skip3119
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2014 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjr8LvdAEcI

and also this:
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y36PM9903pg
============================

Link not working.

thanks! working now :)
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2014 at 3:33am
Someone needs to teach how to shout properly.  He kept saying "show!" when he meant "cho!".
TonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2014 at 3:45am
First time I've seen this dude, and he is super impressive. Keep it up!
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2014 at 3:46am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2014 at 12:33pm
Boy good enough to be a Local Champion.
He must take up more peculiar style to be international champion.

The style is regular criss-cross blocking, the best winning play of the future.

Just emulating the Chinese frantic looping will take you to nowhere.
I feel sorry about this boy and others being unaware of the CC style.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Like Igor's favorite player defending world champion Kenta Matsudaira.  Undefeated against the CNT.  Dominant against the Germans.
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2014 at 2:50pm

Since you're like, an international umpire, can't you tell these international players at the international tournaments? I'm sure they'd love to have their careers reinvigorated by criss cross blocking.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 11:17am
his evolution is amazing and the good results keep coming:
 http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=38422&Competition_ID=2507&
MiBen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiBen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 3:31pm
When kids/ teenagers train professionally, 5 time or more in week + tournaments on weekends further or later has problems with knees, why?
We know that they are in grow up age, sometimes, not with everybody their anatomical bone growth can not keep up the loads which it is subjected.

I had two cases in my club, boy and girl ( 14,15 years old )

Of course, this does not include everyone in this age, but some may have problems.
For those who know..AVX:)
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 4:15pm
Joao Geraldo is a very talented indeed.
I watched him live by Ittf TV few minutes ago VS Chen (TPE).
The problem with the small players and their knees (excl.some other incident out of the sport) comes just from today's way of live (food/air/stress) and the improvement of the sport as all.
If a today's 15 years old players want to be better than the current world's best players they know in the next 4-5 years they must work more hard/fast and so on...But where is the limit?
Are the children machines?
There is not a coach who has scanner in his eyes to see where is the limit in trainings for one boy or another. And sometimes the striving for results are going bad.
With each new generation we will see more and more lower aged players are getting injured because these hard trainings are not a normal thing for the human bodies, especially at their starting with the sport age.
I can't give an advice, but I just shared my own experience and view.
Hope to see Geraldo's best result in the nearest future.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 4:48pm
i dont understand the issue with the kid´s knee, so because he wore a knee brace for a tournment thats a big problem? we´re making a big deal out of nothing i think... he probably just tweaked the knee a bit and wore the brace for protection and more security. i once wore a knee brace for protection and never had knee problems at all

Edited by rui pedro81 - 01/31/2015 at 4:49pm
MiBen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiBen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 5:13pm

i dont understand the issue with the kid´s knee, so because he wore a knee brace for a tournment thats a big problem? we´re making a big deal out of nothing i think... he probably just tweaked the knee a bit and wore the brace for protection and more security. i once wore a knee brace for protection and never had knee problems at all

OF course nobody make any problem, I only mentioned that youngs in this age may have this problem, that's all:))

Cheers
For those who know..AVX:)
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Like Igor's favorite player defending world champion Kenta Matsudaira.  Undefeated against the CNT.  Dominant against the Germans.

Actually, this brings a late night thought... why do we see so many super-bright talents show up quickly and then de facto disappear about as fast? Is it us adding a bit to the talent/overestimating them, or is it just some random lack of luck in their career development, or just plain spoiled chances?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 12:01pm
Who had the bright idea of putting a white display with the sponsors on directly behind the table? Makes it difficult to see the ball in the vid and probably even harder when playing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic