Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H2 vs H3 vs TG2 vs TG3 (neo)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H2 vs H3 vs TG2 vs TG3 (neo)
    Posted: 06/05/2010 at 12:06pm
Can someone do a detailed review of all DHS NEO COMMERCIAL rubbers, comparing them to each other.
As well as comparing these rubbers to other popular chinese rubbers such as BW2, 729-08, etc.

Someone who tried all or most of these rubbers (neo) please post any info.

I'm currently using H3 Neo Commercial 40D version, so i dont really need a review of H3 Neo... but a comparison of it to other NEOs.

TIA Big%20smile
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 12:17pm
I've played with all those top sheets but not all with the NEO sponge, they are all "similar" but it totally depends on the player and blade as to which you think does what. Like for me, H3 feels really bad, TG3 and TG2 feel similar and H2 is much better than all of them and the only one I feel confidant with. Other people will say H3 is the only good one and others will swear TG3 is by far the best. If you were to do a poll I bet most people would vote H3 the best then TG3 then H2 then TG2.

I guess in the end they are all good rubbers and it's mostly down to using the one that suits your style of play, I would say all 4 are better than BW2 and I haven't used 729-08
TTdreamer1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTdreamer1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 12:30pm
I have tried them all. Now I use H3 39 degree with 2.2mm sponge.
here is the review:

H2--Lighter than H3. A little bit Faster than H3. Works really well if you
play close to the table with 3rd ball attack. But when it comes to the middle
range of longer rallies, it is not that reliable. Because the light soft sponge
somehow cannot provide strong support for long rallies.

H3--Personally, I think this is a rubber suits for all kinds of situation.
          Enough spin, Enough power, Enough speed, Enough control.

TG2--more close to the traditional chinese rubber like the old H3. Spinny,
        but much more slower than H2, H3. however, we all know that for a
        good player, speed is not the first priority, spin and control is the          deal. So this rubber still has its value.

TG3--Lighter than TG2. A little bit faster than TG2. But it is still much
           more slower than H2 and H3. Still got the advantage of chinese
           rubber, that is spin. But definitely not as powerful as H3.
           TG3 is sort of between H2 and H3. Its spin is not as good as H3,
           and its speed is not as fast as H2......so.......but It is still a pretty
           good choice for forehand because of its control ability.

Here's a link of me playing H3 on my forehand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq4H40Ecv2c
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 12:38pm
I will add that I do play at the table attacking the 3rd ball (or service) and H2 is really the only one of the 4 for that kind of game, but I agree from mid distance it's next to useless mostly because it has such a low throw
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 12:56pm
how about sponge softness, tackiness comparison, throw, weight... etc among all 4 neos?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by TTdreamer1982 TTdreamer1982 wrote:

I have tried them all. Now I use H3 39 degree with 2.2mm sponge.
here is the review:

H2--Lighter than H3. A little bit Faster than H3. Works really well if you
play close to the table with 3rd ball attack. But when it comes to the middle
range of longer rallies, it is not that reliable. Because the light soft sponge
somehow cannot provide strong support for long rallies.

H3--Personally, I think this is a rubber suits for all kinds of situation.
          Enough spin, Enough power, Enough speed, Enough control.

TG2--more close to the traditional chinese rubber like the old H3. Spinny,
        but much more slower than H2, H3. however, we all know that for a
        good player, speed is not the first priority, spin and control is the          deal. So this rubber still has its value.

TG3--Lighter than TG2. A little bit faster than TG2. But it is still much
           more slower than H2 and H3. Still got the advantage of chinese
           rubber, that is spin. But definitely not as powerful as H3.
           TG3 is sort of between H2 and H3. Its spin is not as good as H3,
           and its speed is not as fast as H2......so.......but It is still a pretty
           good choice for forehand because of its control ability.

Here's a link of me playing H3 on my forehand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq4H40Ecv2c
thanx for the info
ive seen ur video and ur very skilled.. im 6'3 and its a bit weird for me to try to do a chinese fh stroke... i bend down lower than most player my height.
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 2:51pm
What blade should be used with these rubbers? With  Carbon or All wood?
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 5:02pm
I believe almost any rubber works perfectly on almost any blade in the ALL+ to OFF- range :) that's the perfect range for 95% of people
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 11:37pm
how about sponge softness, tackiness comparison, throw, weight... etc among all 4 neos?
bump...
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2010 at 1:15pm
Can only comment between H2 and H3 but H2 is low throw H3 medium throw. Sponges are the same, tackiness about the same but perhaps H2 is more often the most tacky. The only difference between H3 and H2 is the size and spacing of the pimples on the topsheet, one is a low throw power rubber the other is an all round looping rubber.

If you like to loop attack very close to the table hit and chop, the H2 is better, if you have a more typical game and like to loop from bit further back with a more mild stroke then H3 is the one. They both weigh the same (kinda average not heavy or light). H2 is more difficult to use, if you are the kind of person that gets nervous when playing big games then it's not the right rubber, you have to be 100% committed all the time. TG3 and TG2 are made from different rubber and I'm not as experienced with those so I wont have an opinion :)
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2010 at 2:30pm
im ressurecting this thread to bring up a question about the neos?
speed. which one of the 4 is slowest = most control...
im thinking of downgrading my rubbers. bh xtend hs is going to change to mark V; fh im not sure because i like h3 neo on it and its not that fast, but i wanted to know the speed of other neos compared to h3 neo (Comm).
tia

Edited by DreiZ - 08/01/2010 at 2:33pm
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2010 at 11:24pm
All-wood, thin blades will fit Chinese rubbers the best. Like your Ma Lin Extra Offensive would be good; I suggest you keep that blade. The slowest would be TG2 I think, but be aware that the glue effect would wear out after a while.
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2010 at 11:24pm
... and so they will be even slower after about one month.
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2010 at 4:21am
For me,

TG3 NEO was MUCH faster than H3 NEO. H3 just seemed gluggy and the only thing it would excel at was serves. TG3 NEO serving is great too. More power, spinny.

I like TG3 over H3...
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2010 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Totoro Totoro wrote:

For me,

TG3 NEO was MUCH faster than H3 NEO. H3 just seemed gluggy and the only thing it would excel at was serves. TG3 NEO serving is great too. More power, spinny.

I like TG3 over H3...

I agree that to some extent. But close to the table H3 Neo feels better, specially opening against backspin with H3 Neo is much easier than TG3 Neo. However from mid distance TG3 neo feels more solid and has more direct feeling.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2010 at 2:36pm
Guys my gf(i love her lol) surprised me with the H2 and H3 Neos.

I have recently bought the regular H2 but now in a tough situation....

Which one to put on my blade?!

they look really nice and i dont want to EJ and try them both out. So which one would be a great transition?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 4:24am
h3 neo and tg3 neo are my favorite chinese rubbers, and they are very similar. tg3 neo is faster and harder, and very slightly tackier. if you have control of the rally, tg3 shines, especially flicking and playing right at the table. if you arent dominating the rally and are forced to react, h3 performs better. tg3 tends to land just an inch off the table and tip the net a fraction more. i would like to try tg3 again but i do not want to spend the $20 because i am almost positive i will come to the same conclusion. both are fantastic rubbers
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 3:17pm
i guess not gonna try tg3 since its faster than h3 neo, and imo h3 neo is pretty fast...
how about the speed of h2 and tg2 neos compared to h3 neo.. someone?
tia
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

i guess not gonna try tg3 since its faster than h3 neo, and imo h3 neo is pretty fast...
how about the speed of h2 and tg2 neos compared to h3 neo.. someone?
tia

I don't want to get into an "argument" with anyone, but I'm going to go out on a limb and make an "objective" claim that I think almost everyone will agree with:

Neo H3 is definitely the slowest of all the Neos. Without question. Absolutely certain. Big smile

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 3:52pm
Awesome tip anton!

I guess i will try the H3 Neo since this would be the fastest rubbers i have tried on my fh. 

The neos arent too bouncy right? I like dead feeling rubbers
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I don't want to get into an "argument" with anyone, but I'm going to go out on a limb and make an "objective" claim that I think almost everyone will agree with:

Neo H3 is definitely the slowest of all the Neos. Without question. Absolutely certain. Big smile

agree that the h3 neo is slower than the h2 neo and the skyline 2 neo (but i don't know about the skyline 3 neo because i have never used it)
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Awesome tip anton!

I guess i will try the H3 Neo since this would be the fastest rubbers i have tried on my fh. 

The neos arent too bouncy right? I like dead feeling rubbers

No, the Neos are not bouncy. I wouldn't call them "dead", personally, but I don't want to split hairs Smile. They are plenty fast (especially with the "right" technique) but they are in no way bouncy like many tensors. I think you will enjoy Neo H3.

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 4:34pm
I've used H2 neo and TG3 neo, both similar speed, the only reason H2 maybe faster is because it flys straighter and as such simply covers less distance and so arrives in quicker time :). Both of them are faster than H3 anyway, which like all other medium-higher throw rubbers burns off half it's energy during the flight. Neos are a more bouncy than the normal commercials. But they are still a bit dead feeling, for me I agree, the less life in the sponge = the better the rubber :). H2 is difficult to learn to use but it's really something special once you can take control of it
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 5:32pm
hey guys i just glued up my H3 Neo on my sk7. Wow i land most of my shots... a bit slow compared to my former rubber (dhs g888), BUT sooo much spin.

but coming from 2.0mm DHS G888 and going into the 2.2mm H3 Neo i kinda lose the feeling of my shots.

Also with Sriver G3 in my BH my new set up is CRAZY heavy!!!
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 10:34pm
hmmm.. imo for me h3 neo is plenty of speed... and its not lively like t05 or bw2 but its still spinny.
like ppl said it has that somewhat dead feeling but still shines during rallies.

hey guys i just glued up my H3 Neo on my sk7. Wow i land most of my shots... a bit slow compared to my former rubber (dhs g888), BUT sooo much spin.

but coming from 2.0mm DHS G888 and going into the 2.2mm H3 Neo i kinda lose the feeling of my shots.

dude... stop hjing my thread... u posted the same thing in ur own... smh

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 11:06pm
sorry i didnt mean to

I just wanted to share
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2010 at 7:18am

Slower than G888 2.0 Shocked Unhappy I really like G888 and find it anything but fast, so if H3 Neo is slower it sounds like no go for me. On the other hand if ppl say that TG3 Neo is faster than H3 Neo I'll gladly go for it. I liked a lot the original TG3. BTW how's the tack of the TG3 Neo and is there a difference between the black and the red? Is the TG3 Neo lighter than the original? Anyone?

Edited by Kolev - 08/04/2010 at 7:23am
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
jas_kidd32 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jas_kidd32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2010 at 8:16am
Which of these Neo rubbers are ideal for close table cpen play?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2010 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by jas_kidd32 jas_kidd32 wrote:

Which of these Neo rubbers are ideal for close table cpen play?

Probably any of them will work fine, assuming one has the proper technique. However, if you go by who uses them: Skyline 2 and Skyline 3.

Ma Lin uses the former and Wang Hao uses the latter. (But in reality, neither probably uses anything similar to the commercial version. Just pick a rubber and get used to it Wink.)

hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2010 at 12:25pm
they are all sh#t.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic