Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 8:08am
Well, I would greatly love to try out your SPEAR blade. I have written two reviews on here so far. I tested the Killerspin Fortissimo rubber and the Killerspin Kido 7P blade (and I passed both of them on when I was done testing!! LOL).
I have owned and had experience with all wooden blades (729 Bomb, Donic Dicon, Donic Persson Powerplay, Butterfly Timo Boll Off-, Yasaka Extra) and play an offensive looping and smashing game. I use a lot of spin variations in my serve and attack strokes and try to attack from both wings (consistency improvements on the backhand in progress....). My technique is solid and I believe I have good 'feel' for blade/rubber combinations. Although I am far behind many of the members here in the amount of material that I have tested and played with, I would love to expand my knowledge by testing your blade. I would be willing to forward the blade to let others test the blade also (if they promise to send it back after).
I would definitely invest enough time to give a proper review and progress reports over time on your blade.
I also have experience with the Air Scirocco SF rubber. I played with it on several different blades on fh and bh.
That's about all I can say on this.
Good luck to all applicants!

#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
Sponsored Links

austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 8:17am
Beautiful blade and no problem any problems i find i will notify you of so as far as i know you need to fix the word "breand" to "brand" ^_^

Peter Korbel(Fl) 89 g|FH Almana 2.0|Sriver G2 1.7
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 9:02am
I would like to test this blade as well.  I have been using the Juic Nebula for the past season. I have played with Korbel, Acoustic and Stiga Offensive Classic.  I really like 5 ply wood blades.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 9:51am
Originally posted by austin austin wrote:

Beautiful blade and no problem any problems i find i will notify you of so as far as i know you need to fix the word "breand" to "brand" ^_^

Thank you Austin.
Why don't you apply yourself?

Brand Manager of NEXY
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:03am
if you mean into this testing because i dont want people critizing me about a review if you will be willing to accept the quality of my review i would be more than happy to then send it off to the next person. ^_^ thankyou for your kindness. i check your website very frequently and it is very well put together.

austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:08am

comment removed

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:15am

i would also suggest one more correction i dont know if it would be to long to put but where it says "best of best" it should be "best of the best" ^_^
Thank you very much.
But English is not my mother tongue, and it's not easy to find where I made a mistake even you told me as such.
So, I will just keep things as it is. Once I become intimidated with wrong spelling and wrong grammar, then I would not be enjoying comming here, and that's worse for me than to have wrong English...es... ^ㅠ^
Brand Manager of NEXY
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:21am
oooh alright sorry i thought you wanted me to help you i will no longer do it =s i really apologies. please dont mind me and disregaurd my comments i already get critized enough T_T. have a nice day.

-Austin

p.s sorry for the misunderstanding i did not mean to give you an unejoyable time on the forum ^_^

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:01am
As much as I would love to test the SPEAR I think I am disqualified from this testing by many reasons. First of them is that I am trying to concentrate now more on playing with one setup which is

Nexy Color FL (great news for Nexy brand! can I be a featured sponsored player in your marketing campaign? Tongue)

Palio Macro Era 47.5 MAX on FH (shout out to Palio buddies! I can test BLITZ for you... free rubbers for life of course is the condition)

Gambler Outlaw MAX on BH (Tom? I promoted the heck out of it buddy, and no free rubbers from Zeropong? hmm... Confused)

Second reason is that I have already heavily participated in the previous Nexy testing and played with Color, Dexter, Oscar as well as Demian rubbers (just a little). Let the other players do it now.

Third is - I am very curious about LISSOM so perhaps Mr. Moon will consider me as a future tester for that blade (after all, my blade reviews are world famous Embarrassed)
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
karabijntje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:09am
I would sponsor Nexy in the Netherlands. A shirt with a ganja leaf is quite suitable isn't it LOL. j/k
* TBS - Color - Spear - Virtuoso+
* Vega Pro / Europe
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:11am
I am in! Big%20smile
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:13am
Originally posted by karabijntje karabijntje wrote:

I would sponsor Nexy in the Netherlands. A shirt with a ganja leaf is quite suitable isn't it LOL. j/k
Thats what i thought in my head first, lol , i was like is that marijuana. but hey nexy seems like a great brand! but seeing the rules im ot able to order so sorry maybe sometime in the future.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:17am
@JimT
Wise & courteous move. It's also time for others to have a few cracks at these upcoming Nexy blades. Also it's also refreshing to listen/read about some other potential candidates other then few of the same old same old groups.
Chronos, Petermoo & Geonomicknight are just the trio I like to hear from them.
There may be others tho'.
I read some of these reviews and strangely ONLY ONE outta these - Colour aroused my interest so far.
I'm quite content w/what I've right now.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 12:01pm

oooh alright sorry i thought you wanted me to help you i will no longer do it =s i really apologies. please dont mind me and disregaurd my comments i already get critized enough T_T. have a nice day.

-Austin

p.s sorry for the misunderstanding i did not mean to give you an unejoyable time on the forum ^_^

Frankly speaking, I'm thankful actually. Just I want more to save my time. I think I need more time than others in reading and writing, so I decided not to be much taken in those things. But personally, I felt that you just wanted to communicate and be active in this place, which I really appreciate. So don't be bothered at my answers much.
Brand Manager of NEXY
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 12:10pm
Edited: I would rather try Lissom if I've given a chance.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 12:31pm
Hi, I would love to be part of the testing crew for your beautiful new blade.

I am very new to this forum, and have not contributed much to have had any impact on the forum or its members, and secondly, I am only a student and have not the resources nor the experience of more veteran members to buy and/or extensively test a plethora of blades and rubbers. Furthermore, in skill level I am only about 1500-1600 USATT. In short, I have little to no credibility. Applying is a long shot, I know, and I hope my interest/desire to test will not meet with ridicule or rolling of eyes. 

Reading through your threads and posts (Nexy), I could not help but be extremely moved by the dedication and care you have put into your work, and the friendliness and effort you have put forth to a customer base. Yours is truly a work of love, and I would be extremely honored to be part of it, contributing whatever I may to it.

I think as far as reviewing goes, I would be able to bring in a slightly different perspective from past ones. As far as I know, most if not all reviewers on this forum for Nexy blades have been shakehanders, whereas I am an offensive-oriented penholder, and have been all my playing life. In one of your earlier posts about the SPEAR, you mentioned it being designed for powerful strokes from Korean penholders playing all around the court, weaving from close to the table to further out. This is the style I play. Although I have a modestly competent reverse penhold backhand block and loop, I still heavily rely on my footwork to pursue heavy forehand loops from every position on the court. I am also modestly competent at fishing and countersmashing from far out. I think it is a very athletic and physically demanding style, which parallels what I have gleaned from your description of Korean penholders.

Over five years I have played, I have "bonded" with every blade I have tried, giving each and every blade I consider at least half a year of heavy use, in order to fully understand and feel its attributes and nuances. In this way, though I am not well-studied in the language of blades and wood and matters, I believe I am very sensitive to the effects of what I am using.  

Thank for your consideration of my application. ^__^
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 8:11pm
I would like to apply to test this new NEXY blade.
Spear intrigues me!
I am an older, still slowly improving, American player who plays on an average of 2-3 times a week. I do do some drilling & when fortunate enough to, receive some coaching from an under-rated 2200 gentleman.

NEXY first came to my attention when the wave of Color then Oscar & Dexter  testers/users made such a splash here!
I like things done with passion & it certainly seems to be a large part of your business model.
"True Joy of table tennis"
I understand this completely.

I have been playing just long enough to have developed some discernment and am fully confident in my ability to write an informative and useful review.
(I have written some small reviews here that were well received.)

I should add that I am an all-rounder who uses short pips on his BH.
I play for the joy of the sport while still wanting to make some small steps towards improvement. This is more than enough for me! I am an enthusiast not a professional!

Thank You for your time and consideration.
It is quite possible that even should I not be selected I could own a NEXY blade in the future.
If they are on par with XIOM's offerings, then they are FINE blades!

Good Day Sir!
Big%20smile 
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:35pm
Nice blade. Glad to see that graphics are more subtle now as well.

The outer ply (limba) is so thin. Will there be a risk of splintering with it been so thin.

Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:48pm
Nexy, how about some info about your own testing with the blade?

Based on your testing, how does the blade perform compared to classic limba-spruce-ayous 5-plies? 
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:50pm
Sorry to side track a little.

Mr Nexy,

As i am not a blade maker, i am not sure on this so hopefully you can explain.

Why is there no 5 ply combo with limba, hinoki, hinoki, hinoki and limba blades?

Is such a blade construct very bad?
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:34pm
Same as JimT. I have already been very fortunate to be chosen for previous test series. Let the others a chance to be picked up. Now I'll be glad to be amongst the first to buy the blade . Could you tell us when it'll be released and around what price ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 9:46am

Here are the pictures of Nexy shirts.

Brand Manager of NEXY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 9:52am
Good looking shirts, now i see the logo on them. I couldn't see that on the website (was looking at the wrong ones). Personally I find them too colorful on the front side, something simpler would suit me better. But that's personal taste, they are nice shirts.
* Vega Pro / Europe
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

I would like to apply to test this new NEXY blade.
Spear intrigues me!
I am an older, still, slowly, improving American player who plays on an average of 2-3 times a week. I do do some drilling & when fortunate enough to, receive some coaching from an under-rated 2200 gentleman.

NEXY first came to my attention when the wave of Color then Oscar & Dexter  testers/users made such a splash here!
I like things done with passion & it certainly seems to be a large part of your business model.
"True Joy of table tennis"
I understand this completely.

I have been playing just long enough to have developed some discernment and am fully confident in my ability to write an informative and useful review.
(I have written some small reviews here that were well received.)

I should add that I am an all-rounder who uses short pips on his BH.
I play for the joy of the sport while still wanting to make some small steps towards improvement. This is more than enough for me! I am an enthusiast not a professional!

Thank You for your time and consideration.
It is quite possible that even should I not be selected I could own a NEXY blade in the future.
If they are on par with XIOM's offerings, then they are FINE blades!

Good Day Sir!
Big%20smile 

Thank you for applying here.

Just for some information,

For you and for other applicants,

I'm not trying to get only good players.
I think good blades does not mean only for top players, and I don't think only top players knows the best answer.

So, I hope all people, all age range, all playing levels, can compete here for free SPEAR.
And I will follow my heart when I decide.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 10:03am
Originally posted by kelvinyoong kelvinyoong wrote:

Sorry to side track a little.

Mr Nexy,

As i am not a blade maker, i am not sure on this so hopefully you can explain.

Why is there no 5 ply combo with limba, hinoki, hinoki, hinoki and limba blades?

Is such a blade construct very bad?

Japanese Hinoki does not eqaul to a good blade.
The reason this wood is expensive is only because it's not easy to get.
But I don't think this wood is the best material.

If I use Hinoki into middle of the blades, then the cost will be bigger, definately, but the result is not promising.
For the middle layer, normally I need to coordinate the whole weight, power and speed.
But hinoki is not very good material for those things.

There are some Hinoki 5 ply, or 7 ply blades. But those blades are aiming for one ply hinoki blade feeling, with thinner thickness.
If I use Hinoki for middle, or center ply, then the cost will be higher, and the blade can not be powerful. And in that case, the feeling of the ball touch will not be big.

As I told in the other writing, Hinoki feels little bit that ball is scratching the blade surface but a little sticky.
Once you like the feeling, then your swing movement will be different from other surface blade. So, that's what I usually trying to get.
Normally, if you play with my other Honoki blades, your swing wll become faster and smaller, little by little.
That's quite natural thing you will go through when you play with well balanced Nexy blades. And that's also my intentional design inside the blade.
That's why I use Hinoki on the surface.

So, for all these things, you would know that Hinoki is not much attractive inside the blade.

Thank you again for asking that,...

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 10:05am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am in! Big%20smile

Thank you fatt. Tongue

By the way, all those previous testers,peter 79, Jim T.... you guys can apply again.
I'm not sure who I will pick yet, and I hope there could be one or two people who could compare SPEAR with COLOR or OSCAR.

Ok, nice to meet all your guys back here.
And thank again FATT!

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 10:07am

Hi Nexy, that's very good news, i'd like to apply for testing "the spear". I'm currently looking for a slower 5ply wood blade, so this might be perfect for me.

I'm playing table tennis for 15 years now and have quite good experience. I've used Grubba, Korbel, Waldner senso carbon, Maze, Off classic, TBS and some more, so I have some reference material to compare too. Also i've speed glued in the past and have tried various rubbers back then and after the ban continued trying different rubbers to find a replacement. I'm very curious to how spear will play and I'm sure I can write a detailed review which will be useful for many people.

Too bad i missed the Color testing session, but this might be even a better blade, it looks very promising! Hope this is enough info, looking forward Thumbs%20Up
Thank you for applying for this opportunity, but SPEAR is not slow.
So, I hope you can check that. Smile

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 10:09am
Originally posted by rawrtje rawrtje wrote:

Hi, I would love to be part of the testing crew for your beautiful new blade.

I am very new to this forum, and have not contributed much to have had any impact on the forum or its members, and secondly, I am only a student and have not the resources nor the experience of more veteran members to buy and/or extensively test a plethora of blades and rubbers. Furthermore, in skill level I am only about 1500-1600 USATT. In short, I have little to no credibility. Applying is a long shot, I know, and I hope my interest/desire to test will not meet with ridicule or rolling of eyes. 

Reading through your threads and posts (Nexy), I could not help but be extremely moved by the dedication and care you have put into your work, and the friendliness and effort you have put forth to a customer base. Yours is truly a work of love, and I would be extremely honored to be part of it, contributing whatever I may to it.

I think as far as reviewing goes, I would be able to bring in a slightly different perspective from past ones. As far as I know, most if not all reviewers on this forum for Nexy blades have been shakehanders, whereas I am an offensive-oriented penholder, and have been all my playing life. In one of your earlier posts about the SPEAR, you mentioned it being designed for powerful strokes from Korean penholders playing all around the court, weaving from close to the table to further out. This is the style I play. Although I have a modestly competent reverse penhold backhand block and loop, I still heavily rely on my footwork to pursue heavy forehand loops from every position on the court. I am also modestly competent at fishing and countersmashing from far out. I think it is a very athletic and physically demanding style, which parallels what I have gleaned from your description of Korean penholders.

Over five years I have played, I have "bonded" with every blade I have tried, giving each and every blade I consider at least half a year of heavy use, in order to fully understand and feel its attributes and nuances. In this way, though I am not well-studied in the language of blades and wood and matters, I believe I am very sensitive to the effects of what I am using.  

Thank for your consideration of my application. ^__^

C-pen player is also intersting.
What kind of C-pen blade did you like most before?

Brand Manager of NEXY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Thank you for applying for this opportunity, but SPEAR is not slow.
So, I hope you can check that. Smile

I hope so too Tongue. I did not mean to call it slow, but i'm expecting it to be slower then my current blade, which is a TBS. But i could be wrong ofcourse.
* Vega Pro / Europe
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 11:06am
Hey karabijnte, I operate a TBS with T05/Outlaw and am drooling to findout how Spear will roll with Outlaw/999 rubbers I have used the last year. I get a chance to test drive the Spear in a few days (at NEXY HQ) and the TBS will certainly be a comparison benchmark. I sure hope it is crisp and solid like the TBS and NOT too bouncy, like the Galaxy T-Series.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic