Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 11:03am
AIR rubber is not ready yet.

Please, be noted that AIR rubber did not come to my company yet.
I thought I would have that rubber already by this time, but not sure when I can receive them.

So, I propose that you receive SPEAR first, and those selected testers can ask for one free air rubber whenever you make another order later.
I will remember that I owe one rubber to each of you.

I really want to have good review about air rubber also.

Thank you all~~!!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 11:09am
Nexy had one of his friends, a 1. Division ringer, play me in the adjoining TT room while he was typing the 6 participant for Spear testing reply up. Nexy stacked the deck with that dude, he must have been USATT 2300 minimum with a conservative estimate. I got knocked around like an American punching bag, and scored points only when he felt like allowing me to. (He was nice and let me get to 8 points on game 3, whoopie !) I got shut out of being on the short end of that whoopin' real quick, then checked out what Nexy was up to and bam, the orders done already got published !!

Hope you all have some fun with your outfits and write some quality reviews to include the good, the bad and the ugly. Hope you all have better photo equipment (Like Silver does) and better photo skillz than I got (or don't got LOL).
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 12:32pm
So, BH-Man, what blade did Nexy let you try ? Any chance you hit with Spear and Lissom ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 12:39pm
Mr. Moon,

I am so honored to be selected for the SPEAR testing! Thank you so much~ I hope I will be able to do justice with the review.With regards to the AIR rubber, would it be acceptable to you if I waited until you had them before ordering? Just to save on shipping costs a little...but it is all right either way.

I'm getting the blue wind shirt. Hopefully it will help spread the word about you! For the test SPEAR,

Weight: 83-84 grams
Handle: CPEN

Thank you!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

So, BH-Man, what blade did Nexy let you try ? Any chance you hit with Spear and Lissom ?

I got to hit with the Oscar in ST handle with Tibhar Genius on FH and some new Stiga rubber on BH. Nexy kept the Lissom prototype and hit with it today. (Genius both sides) I also got a SPEAR blade to take away and test, plus an Akarus dual speed blade designed for OX LP/inverted combo players with Nexy Chaos LP in 1.0 sponge / Nexy Demian in Max sponge. I will make separate threads for each of the equipments.

The short of the story on the Oscar is I will need more time to learn it in detail. My first impression summarized in one sentence is that it is a very light setup (I am accustomed to BRICK HEAVY setups) that allows you to land loop after loop after loop, etc, if the point is not already over from your bombardment of looping.

I made a separate thread detailing my visit to nexy HQ with some pics of Pr. Moon, some of his facilities, and some of his products.
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Originally posted by mmerkel mmerkel wrote:

Nexy, thank you very much for your selection. I will do my best to give a review that does your blade justice. I will put the details for the blade in the comments of my order on your web site.

Dear Mmerkel,

I received your order.

By the way, to my sorry, I did not have air in my stock yet.

I'm not sure when I can have them.

So, if it's ok, I will send Spear first, and I will give you one rubber any time later when you order.

Just leave a note that I owe one ari rubber, then I will send that rubber to you together with your next order.

Sorry for this news.

I hope you can enjoy the blade.!!

I totally forgot about the Air rubber. Which version(s) will you be getting in? I have used the SF version for a while now, but couldn't quite master it on my bh and I like the way the tensors play on my fh. So I will try again when I got better....or maybe I try it again with a different blade.
I am looking forward to trying out your blade.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by rawrtje rawrtje wrote:

Mr. Moon,

I am so honored to be selected for the SPEAR testing! Thank you so much~ I hope I will be able to do justice with the review.With regards to the AIR rubber, would it be acceptable to you if I waited until you had them before ordering? Just to save on shipping costs a little...but it is all right either way.

I'm getting the blue wind shirt. Hopefully it will help spread the word about you! For the test SPEAR,

Weight: 83-84 grams
Handle: CPEN

Thank you!

Either way is ok. I will tell you when I have them in my stock.
Thank you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 10:00pm
I've already placed the order. It's OK, I think. I'm sure I'll be back again before too long ^.^
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 3:34am
Mr. Moon,  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to experience your Spear blade. I do not take it lightly!

I'll put my order together shortly.

... and after a good amount of hitting & playing & some careful note taking; provide a useful and informative review.  Well, this is the goal!LOL

Sincerely, Heimdallalso

note to the fellow Spear testers
we should consider using a review template already used for one of the previous NEXY blades
&
I see no reason that they (the reviews) shouldn't be assembled, all in the same thread?

do these things make sense?
do we have other suggestions?
thanks in advance
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 4:04am
Yes I would agree on that.

Like I mentioned in the best reviewer topic, maybe we should use 1 template, then give numbers allong with our comments about certain points.
Example:
Speed: 7

I thought this blade was quite fast compared to an Allwood blade like "insert name" etc,etc.

Id also suggest we all use a similiar rubber, or 3 use Rubber A and 3 Use rubber B. So the reviews are comparable.

I will also add a video + photos

ps. could u provide me a link to the reviews? My search function keeps crashing.

To all reviewers, plz add me on msn: [email protected] , we could discuss things.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 8:17am
Just feel free and enjoy NEXY.

I'm already happy I get all these good friends for Nexy!!

And for the people who were not able to get one free Spear, please, try later again. I will prepare another chance soon.

By the way, I'm little bit worried, if you are too much fascinated by my explanation about SPEAR.
If the actual result is not good as much as I intended, then it would become a big dissapointment.

Anyway, upto today, all the test done in Korea have been good.
I think you will feel the same way.
Brand Manager of NEXY
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 9:24am
For the reviews compilation, are you suggesting we put them on here or create a new thread in the vein of:

NEXY reviews: the SPEAR blade
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 10:00am
Originally posted by rawrtje rawrtje wrote:

For the reviews compilation, are you suggesting we put them on here or create a new thread in the vein of:

NEXY reviews: the SPEAR blade

rawrtje, your second proposal seems better. A separate thread dedicated to the testers reviews & subsequent discussion about the NEXY Spear blade.
(see below if you never saw the Color review thread)
When the time comes we can make the thread (possibly w/JimT's help).

Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Id also suggest we all use a similiar rubber, or 3 use Rubber A and 3 Use rubber B. So the reviews are comparable.

I will also add a video + photos

ps. could u provide me a link to the reviews? My search function keeps crashing.

Color reviews here

RE similar rubber suggestion
I don't think the suggestion is bad  but maybe not necessary either.
IF two (3?) of the reviewers wanted to try something in this vein that's up to them.

Photos & video are great! Thank You in advance!Thumbs%20Up

I believe this was Mr. Moon's response to your post:

Just feel free and enjoy NEXY.

I'm already happy I get all these good friends for Nexy!!

This is what we should do.

See you gentlemen in a bit.

Good Day & Good Hitting

NEXY Lissom st 85g
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 10:39am
Thank you very much for your input Heimdallalso.

I will be reviewing the blade using Tenergy05, Tenergy64 and maybe H3 Neo on FH. Tenergy64 and SriverFX on BH.

If anyone will use any of these rubbers aswell please let me know so we can deliver eachother comments/tips.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 11:20am
I will probably test SPEAR with the following rubbers:
FH: Stiga Boost TP, AIR Scirocco SF, Palio Blit'z, Andro Hexer+
BH: Stiga Optimum MP, Banda Sigma, IQUL 40
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 11:27am
Thomasson, I'll be using H3 Neo on FH.

BH: Palio CJ8000 - Beijing Team Spin
Maybe IQUL 40, LKT Rapid Sound
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2010 at 2:22pm
Mr. Moon, I want to place my order but am experiencing a small technical difficulty at your www.nexy.com site.
Will send private message.

Thank You & Good Day
NEXY Lissom st 85g
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2010 at 7:09pm
Can someone test the Spear with classic rubbers like Sriver L/EL and Mark V as well?

Would like to see if the Spear is a good combo with classics and not just the new gen rubbers.

Thanks...
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2010 at 10:14pm
I'm pretty much excited waiting for all the reviews.

One small tip. When I designed this blade, I did not focus on specific rubbers, as I did with Color and Oscar.
This blade will match with most kinds rubbers, so feel free for rubbers.

As far as I know, all the rubbers will be acceptable regardless their brand and kinds.   
Brand Manager of NEXY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2010 at 12:28am
order placed
all systems go
Thumbs%20Up
NEXY Lissom st 85g
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2010 at 1:02am
What are the dimensions on the FL handle, similar to Stiga Master or smaller or larger :)?
karabijntje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2010 at 7:39am

A:157
B:102
C:259
D:26
E:29
F:151
G:6.5

I will be ordering soon. I think i will order 2x H3neo along with it, so I have a tbs with h3 and boost TS and spear with h3 and boost TS. I wanted to compare against Color, but the lighter ones are currently out of stock and i'm a little low on budget, so I'll order that one some later.
* TBS - Color - Spear - Virtuoso+
* Vega Pro / Europe
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2010 at 12:24pm

I'm pretty much excited waiting for all the reviews.

One small tip. When I designed this blade, I did not focus on specific rubbers, as I did with Color and Oscar.
This blade will match with most kinds rubbers, so feel free for rubbers.

As far as I know, all the rubbers will be acceptable regardless their brand and kinds.   

That is a bonafide fact. Even $7 USD Dawei XP 2008 is a can't-miss the table looping machine with the SPEAR. Outaw is more controlable than ever. My first hit was very positive. I'll make a longer "First Impressions" writeup after I get another hit or two with it.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2010 at 11:02am
Just received mine today, shall test it tonite. It's 89gr , 150 x 155 mm. Different ST handle from oscar dexter and color ("flatter"). Bouncing the ball on naked blade doesn't look it is fast. I'll compare with color, dexter and some others...
I'll keep you posted :

By null at 2010-06-25
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2010 at 3:29pm
jcdi,

Are you going to seal your Spear? I'm afraid of splintering or the paint coming off, but then wouldn't want to risk hardening up the soft feeling.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2010 at 6:55pm
Nexy said it was "lightly sealed" and it's good enough for me. Actually I glued it with BTY free chack and removed my tenergy sheet without any damage.
Played 1 hour with it and of course much too short for any valid statement. All I can say is that I immediately liked it very much except the ST handle which is too "flat" for my taste.
Speed is in beetwen Korbel and dexter (faster than korbel, slower than dexter). Much faster than color...It's a clear OFF ! About same as 92gr acoustic...
I dressed it with Xtend HS max (42° german tensor) and tenergy 64 2.1mm. No surprise for me, I felt at ease with xtend and not with tenergy. I don't like tenergy on limba, I fancy it on hinoki or koto. That said xtend max was just splendid match with that blade.
The blade is perfect balanced to my taste. Not head, not handle, just centered balanced. It's a two geared blade.
Control is far above average. Not too stiff, not too flex, just nice. I could do all easily. Blocks and loops.
Will need some further testing, unfortunatelly, we are reaching summer closer and my gym won't open back before mid august so I leave it to you guys.
In short I like it A LOT (for a first test). M. Nexy, one more time, great job Thumbs Up !

Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2010 at 10:07pm
Nexy, do you have some plan for J-pen version in future ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2010 at 10:26pm
JCDI, interesting you rate SPEAR as OFF speed. My sample SPEAR felt slower than my TBS, which is right in the middle of OFF. Not that slower is worse, just slower. I have never landed such a high percentage of loops with Outlaw with slower strokes ever. Fast strokes with Outlaw have always been good.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2010 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Nexy, do you have some plan for J-pen version in future ?

Thank you for the inquiry.

I have two different kinds already.
You can check how they are in the below.
Those are nice blades, but I'm not satisfied with Cork.
I could not get qualified Cork, but I think it will not be a big problem.
Cork is not stiff as some cheap brands' ones, but the problem is it's too soft.
So, when you cut it, it goes off easily.

Anyway, beside cork part, I think general chaacter will be ok.

The first one is called TEMUJIN.

And the second one is called ISKANDAR

Brand Manager of NEXY
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2010 at 1:48am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

JCDI, interesting you rate SPEAR as OFF speed. My sample SPEAR felt slower than my TBS, which is right in the middle of OFF. Not that slower is worse, just slower. I have never landed such a high percentage of loops with Outlaw with slower strokes ever. Fast strokes with Outlaw have always been good.

Maybe I misexplained myself. I agree Spear is slower than TBS but my Xtends max are faster than outlaw max . Let's say, on a speed/scale of 20 (Primorac/schlager carbon, MC1 beeing 19,5) , Mazunov 19,   Dexter=TBS=Maze at 17.5, Oscar 17,  Spear would be 16.5, korbel 16 and Color 15.0.

This gives me an idea. Why not creating a poll where all mytt members could rate there blade's speed on such 1-20 scale. We agree off+ would be from 18 to 20, Off from 16 to 18, Off- 14-16, all 12-14, all- 10-12 and so on...But that's a another topic...

Back to Spear, I was testing the blade with our king of EJ's, NDC666, who also found it very good. When I quickly mentioned 2 gears, that was about a gentle trampoline effect when looping, but still stiff enough for blocking and hitting. Designing such multi-purpose blade is a very complicated achievement. It's a matter of balance. I believe it is much more difficult than creating a speed demon or a "pillow". If it is properly advertised and distributed, this blade will be a sales hit. Maybe the price of 60usd might create a problem. It's in between cheap and expensive. Customers could be confused about the product. I don't know if it could be reduced to 50usd, but if so, this blade will have no rival in its category.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic