Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Indian Open (Pro Tour)...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Indian Open (Pro Tour)...
    Posted: 06/15/2010 at 11:21am
will start tomorrow.  dima ovtcharov is the top seed and gao ning is the 2nd seed for the men and and yu meng yu and hirano sayaka are the 1st & 2nd seeds for the women.

the ittf says the TV matches will start this saturday at 5 pm local time or 11:30 am GMT which is 7:30 am ET, but they don't name the host broadcaster.  does anybody know who it is??
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 11:57am
This year - because China Open was canceled and because it is now (due to the new rating calculation system) much more important to play all ITTF ProTour tournaments you can physically participate in, a lot of good players are coming to India.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 12:53pm
really??  who??

i checked the men's list and dima is the only top-20 player there.

a lot of the top seeds will show up at the japan open at the beginning of next month, though none from china.

i think that the club play has taken over the sport and the pro tour is starting to recede, which means the ittf is gonna have to pull another trick from the hat to keep themselves relevant.  i think that already 2-3 pro tour events have been cancelled this year...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 12:59pm
anyhow, it would be really nice if someone could tell us what tv channel will be broadcasting this or if it will be streamed live over the internet.
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

really??� who??

a lot of the top seeds will show up at the japan open at the beginning of next�month, though none from china.

i think that the club play has taken over the sport and the pro tour is starting to recede, which means the ittf is gonna have to pull another trick from the hat to keep themselves relevant.� i think that already 2-3 pro tour events�have been cancelled this year...

+1

Women side of the tournament could be interesting, and for mens side, I think that we will have some surprising winner, I don't have feel that top seeders Dima and Gao Ning can win this.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 1:33pm
i agree.  some of the young koreans are there, so i wouldn't be surprised if one of them ended up in the final.  or maybe two of them will end up in the final, cuz this time the ittf didn't stack them all in the top half of the draw...

also, barring a 1st round upset, keini will face gao in the 2nd round.  i wouldn't be surprised at all if he beat gao, cuz gao hasn't looked impressive at all this year...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

really??  who??

a lot of the top seeds will show up at the japan open at the beginning of next month, though none from china.

i think that the club play has taken over the sport and the pro tour is starting to recede, which means the ittf is gonna have to pull another trick from the hat to keep themselves relevant.  i think that already 2-3 pro tour events have been cancelled this year...

Yes, but compare with the lineup for Indian Open 2009! There is a huge difference this year.

tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 7:12am
sarath kamal of India has just beaten patric buam of Ger
in QF 4-3.sarath had a change of racket in 5th game since his racket caught the edge of table and the fh rubber was down
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
perelman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 10:23am
sad for baum i thought he did skunk sharath,but also sharath is playing on his home turf so it helps him indians are worse than wild monkeys when it comes to cheering and as spectators in any sports event they are the most indisciplined lot
but dima will skunk sharath in the semi now
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by perelman perelman wrote:

sad for baum i thought he did skunk sharath,but also sharath is playing on his home turf so it helps him indians are worse than wild monkeys when it comes to cheering and as spectators in any sports event they are the most indisciplined lot
but dima will skunk sharath in the semi now

you have no idea how loud it can be.in Delhi it was nothing.
professionals should be able to overcome those mental barriers.
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 7:28pm
the women's final starts up in 3 hours from now.  do any of you know if it's being televised and/or livestreamed anywhere??
perelman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 1:08am
tatan it was nothing in delhi i dont think so,lets see if u can overcome all mental barriers if u can u must be some god darn special forces soldier
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 11:11am
Looks like Dima's just won in the final against Seo Hyun Deok - 4:0. Well done, Dima!

729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 12:09am
Any updates on the Indian Open?
Bfly Senkoh 1-ply-DHS Hurricane 3 Neo/Yinhe Pluto
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 11:41am
No videos on ittv site... Anybody got anything?

AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 1:17pm
"playing on his home turf so it helps him indians are worse than wild monkeys when it comes to cheering and as spectators in any sports event they are the most indisciplined lot"

The indiscipline and unruliness is  generally at its worst in the north, including Delhi. It gets better on the whole as you move southward. But another way of looking at it, is that it's nice to see passion and loud cheering in TT( provided it doesn't get out of hand)  because it gives the sport a feel of importance, not something that's just a basement recreation.
tt lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 4:57am
"playing on his home turf so it helps him indians are worse than wild monkeys when it comes to cheering and as spectators in any sports event they are the most indisciplined lot"

just keep shutt ur bladdy mouth....
now u will teach what is discipline to us ???
bullsh*t...
first u learn how speak then .
u asshole..
sadra121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadra121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2010 at 1:20pm
Do you have  OVTCHAROV Dimitrij vs  MATSUDAIRA Kenj ?Cry
tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2010 at 2:27pm
seems like there are nothing on internet from this pro tour :/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic