Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
Author
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 5:57pm
Thank you for selecting me to do a review of the Zealot...Email sent.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Sponsored Links

Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 11:10pm
E-mail sent.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 3:17am
Thank you for choosing me as a reviewer of Olam. I sent my e-mail already :D
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 4:48am
Thank you for all people who are reading my post constantly.

In my guess, many readers were uneasy to read my posts because of grammatical errors.

So, I'm trying to adjust my posts from the beginning, and will let readers to read  my posts in more convenient condition.

We will try to provide you lots of useful information about table tennis, so please contact us always! :) 

Thank you!!! Smile

Edited by nexy.com - 10/23/2015 at 4:50am
Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 6:47am
Thank you for selecting me as reviewer! I'm sending the email right now.
Looking forward to compare the last generation of Nexy blades to the previous.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2015 at 5:45pm
What ???!!!! arg0 ???!!! WORST reviewer in history of the sport !!!

I gotta talk to manager Lee about this one... NOT. (Gar nicht) (with ALL CAPS)

I think this is the BEST bunch of decisions manager Lee has made to date for launching a blade... in this case BLADES.

arg0 is da man.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2015 at 7:23pm
I hope that Nexy is keeping at least one copy of each blade in a private museum somewhere in Seoul. We all live in hope to see it one day or at least get the pictures. Thumbs Up
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 1:36am
The Color of Nexy

When I first began Nexy, I had serious concerns because I knew it would be a difficult task to compete with big brands like Tibhar and Stiga. I realized we had to go head-to-head with existing products and with its own value in such a small market. This meant Nexy had to be earnest and prove the value of each product against other brands which were already well established. Addressing this challenge helped Nexy to develop and grow. And, along the way I had to consider how to keep Nexy valuable and sustainably growing. This is why producing each Nexy product has taken a long long time.

The ‘contrast’ that we have recently launched also took a long time to select the material. In other words, we tried our best to raise the degree of completion not only for external parts but also internal. For example, to play table tennis, the shirt should not be heavy. A stiff feeling is also not suitable. It should not be too tight and cling to the arms, nor should it be too loose and hang long. It should freely move above the body while playing. The shorts should not hang on the thigh. When we take a big step, it should not be trapped on the hip. These are a few of the points that I considered when developing contrast. I will continue to research and improve the quality of these products. 

Another question was always on my mind . . .

What can be Nexy’s design identity? What kind of design or pattern? What color combination? Or, how about developing a Nexy’s own logo? For the past 10 years I had been unable to make a clear decision about the logo. I repeatedly asked myself about the uniqueness and direction of the Korean brand Nexy. I wondered how I could include a Korean image in Nexy’s logo. Eventually, I found the answer from “Dancheong,” which is a multicolored paintwork found on wooden buildings that are commonly seen in Korea. I recognized that Nexy should go on with a traditional Korean symbol of beauty. You might be curious to know why I chose Dancheong to represent such a design. The position of the Korean house in the past displayed a mountain on the backside and field on the front side. So, when we lie on the floor, which is called “Maru,” we feel warm, cozy, and in perfect harmony with nature. We also experience a calm and silent atmosphere. This can only be realized in the countryside. So, this kind of Korean house will reveal many elements of traditional Korean beauty. This especially appears at “Daechung Maru,” which is made up with color “Dancheong” that involves a relaxed feeling, and this color is perfect to represent the contrast of our newly launched products.

There is another one designed at similar time with contrast. It’s the main color of Nexy’s ball case. Actually, I wanted to put similar red color with Dancheong on Nexy’s balls, but I couldn’t find the exact one, and now that has become a temporary color of Nexy ball. Yet, I’m expecting Nexy to discover its own unique color and overall design in the near future.

Based on these two colors, I will keep searching for Nexy’s own, unique design and Nexy’s own special value. Please wait to see what we come up with, and encourage us along the way!

Thank you.

Edited by nexy.com - 11/03/2015 at 2:44am
Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 8:51am
One thing to consider regarding clothes. Almost all competition shirts have collars. I may be the only one, but I would like a nice "brand" shirt without a collar to play with. A high tech one, not some cotton, sweat absorbing one.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 9:04am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

One thing to consider regarding clothes. Almost all competition shirts have collars. I may be the only one, but I would like a nice "brand" shirt without a collar to play with. A high tech one, not some cotton, sweat absorbing one.

There are some very good Xiom shirts without collar: Leo, Ian, Jay...

My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 9:05am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Something like this?

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/xiom-shirt-jay-navy

I've seen quite a few non-collar ones in TT stores online, you just need to search under 'T-shirts' category and look for non-cotton ones. They are usually cheaper as well.

I simply repurpose running shirts for my TT playing needs - they are very good at wicking and some (Adidas, Mizuno) have TT cred as well, so could be considered 'brand'.
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 11:44am
Sorry if this offend you, Nexy.

I thought it was a marijuana(cannabis) pattern.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2015 at 8:55pm
A Brief History of Rubber development between Japan and Europe - part 1

As an agent of Tibhar and Stiga, I was lucky to understand how those two brands developed their rubbers. And, that helped me to design Nexy’s first globally competitive rubber that I am calling “KARIS.” I am very close to finishing the rubber design, and I am confident that its unique characteristics will surprise the table tennis market. A brief history of those two companies’ rubber development might be helpful in understanding how Nexy got the idea for this new rubber formation. Tibhar helps us to understand European rubber’s (ESN) walk, while Stiga helps us to understand Japanese rubber’s direction. I will begin this article by comparing these two distinct, representative factories, and ultimately I will discuss our new rubber. This article is not a formal report, rather a personal memo, documenting and describing what I’ve experienced thus far. Therefore, I will not look up exact dates or detailed information and such. Rather, I will give a brief, general overview, connecting things in a larger frame to help us understand how those two sides have been developing rubbers over the years.

When the ITTF announced the “speed gluing” ban, many brands looked for ways to make rubbers faster. But how? The ITTF’s decision to ban speed gluing forced makers to find ways to substitute the speed gluing effect. Before that decision was actualized around 2007, Tibhar already had a very popular rubber, RAPID D.TecS, which had a speed glue effect built into its sponge. Tibhar was aiming to equip their rubber with a speed gluing character, which meant having a sponge with resilient power. For this, they had to develop a special “high tension” sponge using a new chemical formula.

At the same time, Butterfly had their BRYCE rubber, which adopted the same high tension effect. But we can see differences between those two rubbers, because Asian players were more influenced by speed gluing hard sponges (SRIVER), while European players were more in favor of the maximization of speed gluing that was possible with soft sponges. So, BRYCE felt harder than RAPID D.TecS, but both were using the same technology — a formula to maximize the internal tension of the sponge. Tibhar continued to study this, and they soon after released NIMBUS and SINUS.

But Butterfly landed a big punch. They made Tenergy! At the time, people could not understand how they did it. While Tibhar focused on the “chemical formula,” Butterfly adopted a new “physical method” technology. They evaporated the sponge and created physical tension by injecting small bubbles. You can imagine that Butterfly found a way to insert a “spring effect” by blowing bubbles into the sponge.

This technique was totally new and forever changed table tennis rubbers. The impact was huge. Many top players moved to TENERGY because it was fast, spinny, and steady. To inject bubbles into the sponge, Butterfly had to buy new, high tech machines. This proved to be a wise investment as evidenced by the success of Tenergy.

Edited by Nexy - 11/05/2015 at 10:29pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2015 at 12:50am
A Brief History of Rubber development between Japan and Europe - part 2

European high tension rubbers had some problems when used for blocking. High tension has a kind of limit. If a very powerful shot crashed into it, the rubber collapsed and lost the power needed to catapult the ball. This made many top level players uncomfortable, and Tibhar had to find a way to fix this drawback. But this drawback was only felt by top players. Amateur players could not notice because it happened only when blocking high level looping.

Tibhar responded by releasing Genius, which was the first rubber that had a physical composition sponge similar to TENERGY. In addition, Tibhar adopted a new surface that used mostly raw rubber with less chemical ingredients. These two factors opened a new age for Tibhar’s rubber development. Still, there was some gap between Butterfly’s TENERGY and Tibhar’s GENIUS. Butterfly was several years ahead, and they had more data because they started this bubble rubber project earlier. They continued to release TENERGY 05's brother rubbers, extracted from previous experiments.

Meanwhile, the ESN did not try to find one good rubber that had an ideal topsheet and sponge. Instead, they developed several rubbers that had some variations on both sides (topsheet and sponge), and the reason was simple — they had to provide their rubber for many brands. So, they produced many different versions, instead of making one dominant rubber.

We can clearly see one trend of Tibhar rubbers. They had diversified by dividing the development of the topsheet and sponge. This strategy was strongly related with the ESN policy — preparing more choices for each brand by providing a wider range on both sides of the rubber. However, with this physical change of the sponge, Tibhar adopted a new topsheet, which was stickier than before. This sticky topsheet continued to develop until Tibhar released the EVOLUTION series.

The philosophy of this topsheet was clear from the release of GENIUS. It was designed to maximize spin generation on a short moment, and that was widely welcomed by many players. However, from my point of view, I can say that the topsheet felt a little detached from the movement of the sponge. This is because sponge was shrunken on the direction to a 90 degree difference between the player’s swing movement, making a topspin shot. Note:  This is common among many of the recent rubbers, but the gap varies. Maximizing the stickiness of the topsheet while keeping extreme sponge tension often results in some unsteadiness in certain moments. The topsheet is strong in drawing the ball upward when players loop, which is a 90 degree difference from the springing movement of sponge. Tenergy has had similar problems, but less than ESN rubbers. Overall, their topsheet and sponge work well together.

Tibhar continued their rubber development to diminish the discrepancy between the topsheet and sponge. This eventually led to the release of MX-P and EVOLUTION MX-S, which attempt to maximize both factors — the stickiness of topsheet and the spring effect of sponge. MX-P was more focused on the spring effect of sponge, while MX-S is on the stickiness of topsheet. However, Tibhar seemed unsteady in their rubber development as they had to run these two trends. They divided the function of sponge and topsheet, thus making the topsheet seek a strong stickiness, while the sponge needed to spring vertically. So, this 90 degree difference in movement made players feel the discrepancy in those two opposing directions. Please note, these passages are referring to top player's subtle feeling and not aiming at normal amateur players. I think most of us cannot feel this discrepancy. In fact, many players may even prefer this discrepancy, because we can make use of that extreme functional feature to help cover our weaknesses. But this discrepancy loosened little by little with 5Q VIP and the QUANTUM series.

In my opinion, with QUANTUM, Tibhar met Butterfly (TENERGY 64) and Stiga (AIROC ASTRO). They created a better balance between the movements of sponge and topsheet. They also had another trend that focused more on the sponge’s chemical formula’s effect. The sponge absorbed the ball deep and bounced off in a very quick moment, and the topsheet worked together with this sponge’s quick absorption and bouncing off. In this case, players, both professional and amateur, could not feel the angle discrepancy.

Do you know what rubber I am referring to? It is “1Q,” which combined the earlier trend of high tension rubbers, such as RAPID D.tecS, NIMBUS, and SINUS. But with 1Q, the high tension movement is much stronger, and it even seems that rubber independently deals with all factors. But with rubbers such as EVOLUTION MX-P, players need to deeply strike the ball on the swing movement in order to make use of the sticky topsheet and physically springing sponge. 1Q is easier to play with, but many still considered MX-P to be stronger in many aspects because it maximizes the features of the topsheet and sponge.

Alas, Tibhar seems to have harmonized those two trends into one with 5Q VIP and the QUANTUM series but there remains a big possibility they will once again diversify into two. For example, NIMBUS DELTA represents a return to the chemical development of high tension, and MX-S seems to focus more on the topsheet’s stickiness effect.

Tibhar has walked on many paths and players and it is unclear what direction they will be heading. And direction concerns are not limited to Tibhar. Butterfly also seems to have hit a dead end after TENERGY. This rubber is good, and the physical change (bubbles inside) solved the chronic problem of high tension rubbers. It doesn’t become solid when heavily impacted, while the initial high tension rubbers shrunk, unable to carom the ball with regularity. But, they seem to have exhausted that technology with TENERGY versions 05, 64, and 80. Therefore, my guess is they are now trying to find a new way, apart from releasing another TENERGY series rubber, and I hope Nexy can take a shortcut to Butterfly's next step with KARIS.

Edited by Nexy - 11/10/2015 at 12:50am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2015 at 1:09am
Thank you for your articles, Nexy. They are very informative, I am learning a lot.

Regarding your rubber, Karis. What kind of playing characteristics will that rubber be focusing on (spin, speed, control)? Also, what will the sponge hardness be?

I understand this is yet to be released in the market, so if it is not possible to disclose these information I would understand.

Thank you.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2015 at 4:00pm
A short reminder to all reviewers: please use the threads linked in the first post of the Nexy Clan thread for posting reviews of Nexy blades. This facilitates discussion and later look-up.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2015 at 4:06pm
Dear Nexy,
could you post some information about the Higgs blade? I see it is already for sale on tak9.com.
Thanks!
Join the Nexy Clan!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2015 at 1:06am
What blade could be good for short pips cpen?. Solid hitting some flex.since i have tried a lot of blades i would like to test since looks like they make good products
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 4:33am

A Brief History of Rubber development between Japan and Europe - part 3

Let me turn to Stiga. Stiga’s partner factory became powerless against RAPID D.tecS and BRYCE. They were good during the speed glue age, but they were slow in finding a good way into the post speed glue era. Eventually, Stiga found another way to produce a physically bubbled rubber as evidenced by AIROC, and this was a big leap forward. It’s okay that we skip over all other previous generation rubbers, because AIROC opened a whole new door.

Note:  Injecting bubbles is not easy because without the proper high tech machine evaporation, the hardnesses will not be consistent throughout the entire sponge bulk. This is evident with many rubbers. Those rubbers with bubbled sponge are inconsistent — some are lighter and some are heavier. They are unable to control the evaporation process.

One of the good things about Stiga is that they did not divide their sponge and topsheet’s direction. Their factory did not want to diversify its range too much. They continued producing rubbers with a uniform direction between topsheet and sponge. They acted and reacted together to absorb the ball and bounce off instantaneously. Thus, players could easily control the rubber without being overly concerned about the impact. And from the CALIBRA series era, players could easily counterattack against the opponent’s loop drives. But their chemical formula eventually met a dead end, and they needed to find a new way. That was the moment Stiga released AIROC. And with AIROC ASTRO, they made greater progress, which featured an improved topsheet over its predecessor, AIROC.

Another factor to mention about Stiga — they did not pour a lot of energy into rubber production in comparison to their blades. They run their own blade factory, but for rubbers they run an OEM production. So, they seemed to be more focused on the blade development. Therefore, they did not have difficulty in developing many rubbers, which otherwise would have cost them to be lost in too many varieties. Stiga had chosen a path whereby players could not find any discrepancy between the topsheet and sponge, and they finally launched AIROC. But still, AIROC was not powerful enough to overtake TENERGY, but it was meaningful in that it helped Stiga move forward into the post-speed glue ban era.

The second version, AIROC ASTRO, has been able to challenge TENERGY. This rubber adopts a different topsheet, but uses the same sponge as its predecessor. With this new topsheet, players can feel the spring movement of sponge working together with the topsheet’s spring movement. The sponge has bubbles, which work effectively when they were pressed and spring back, and the new topsheet works in harmony because the topsheet focuses more on the spring force than the stickiness.

Stiga has been making their rubber in a good Japanese factory, but not the same one as Butterfly. Stiga did not divide the direction between topsheet and sponge. They have been focusing on one factor. So, players using AIROC ASTRO have a balanced movement.

And I need to add one more comment about Tibhar. Their recent rubber QUANTUM suggests that they have solved the problem of the direction discrepancy between the topsheet and the sponge. QUANTUM’s topsheet and sponge seem to work well together. I am not sure whether or not it is on par with Stiga, because players do not notice the two different directions in that rubber. It will be fun to see what Tibhar releases next.

Edited by Nexy - 11/17/2015 at 5:01am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 8:50pm
A Brief History of Rubber development between Japan and Europe - part 4

Fortunately, the current needs of the market seems focused on one thing. They are asking us to develop powerful rubbers, suitable for poly ball age. And Nexy is now taking advantage of all those paths Stiga and Tibhar walked on. Here are several conclusions that Nexy has made:

1.      A bubbled sponge is better for top players, who must return powerful shots, which can eventually press the high tension sponge deep until it becomes a solid wall, thus losing a little restoring force. This might require a different angle for blocking bang impact shot.

2.      The topsheet and sponge need to work together in a harmonious way. If they act in a different 90 degree angle to the extremes, players can have some difficulty in performing with continuity and steadiness. Each stroke needs a certain amount of correct impact, which is not easy for lower level players. Note:  This problem happens only for top players.

3.      Nexy has identified ways to add more power to its springing force. We found two ways for the sponge, one is a chemical way, which can have the second clause problem, and the other one is a physical way. You will find the answer of which in the below following text.

With these factors, Nexy is now releasing a new rubber KARIS, with a very powerful attacking force.​​

The Characteristics of KARIS

KARIS is using bubbled sponge. This sponge has a very good springing force, and I tried to find a way to build up a matching topsheet, which can co-work with this quick moving sponge. So, this is a kind of new idea of Nexy. I wanted to find a topsheet that can match the quick springing reaction of bubbled sponge. If we make it too sticky, then we can feel that the ball is staying longer than the sponge’s restoring moment. If we adopt a topsheet that is overly bouncy, then we cannot make a harmonious spring power between the topsheet and sponge.

As I slept on this dilemma, I realized that the answer could come from a physical change, not only the chemical formula’s development. The reaction of the sponge is quicker in a short moment, and we have to make a topsheet, which reacts accordingly. So, I tested a shorter column sponge. Of course, we can try to match those two movements by changing the chemical formula, but I think Nexy can learn from Butterfly, who did not fear adopting a new sponge development; they infused physical bubbles, creating physical springs.

Why not Nexy adopt a new physical change into the topsheet structure? It takes a great deal of time to do something challenging, and now I have been testing different column structures together with different kinds of sponges with bubbles. I am getting very close to the final answer. The latest prototype is encouraging. That’s why I am now writing this article, opening the core factor of my rubber’s big development.

You might be concerned about the trustworthiness of this new rubber, even though it is made in Japan, because Nexy does not have a long history of rubber development such as Tibhar and Stiga. But, you should know that I am not building from nothing. I am building on where Tibhar and Stiga has crawled up from. Nexy is prepared to leap-up and run!

I will write more about Nexy’s exciting new rubber when the details are finalized. I hope you will be watching with care and interests on how I develop this revolutionary rubber.

Edited by Nexy - 11/17/2015 at 8:50pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 9:49pm
any idea on how much it would cost?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2015 at 3:39pm
Nexy Zealot review posted: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73674&title=patricks-nexy-zealot-review

Thank you for sending me this blade for review.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 2:31am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

any idea on how much it would cost?

We did not decide yet. But it seems to stay around 45 USD.
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 4:12pm
Hey all,
for those who were not selected for testing Zealot and Olam, and for those who would like to test the two blades and write a comparative review, you may want to apply here.
Thanks.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 8:26pm
Introducing the newly launched HIGGS

From the time I began using a new material, 
Wenge, Nexy began showing the uniqueness and value of the 4th generation blades. Previously, Nexy had used familiar woods that other brands normally use, but using materials such as Wenge has helped to define Nexys direction and identity.

Wenge has elements of  
line, which is a primary characteristic of 4th generation blades. But this feeling of dragging becomes stronger or weaker depending on what kind of wood is layered. When I developed CHEDECH to ZEALOT, I tried to enhance the feeling of the line to drag the ball harder, but with OLAM I intentionally reduced the feeling of the line to make a quick reaction in a moment. By analyzing the dragging point of ZEALOT and the quick reaction of OLAM, I began thinking about the combination of dragging point from surface and the deepness of the middle layer. This dragging element central to the development of CHEDECH and OLAM. So, I developed two blades that combine dragging and deepness elements for Nexys 4th generation blades. HIGGS is one of these blades.

To combine those two elements, the layers below the top ply of CHEDECH was developed to be harmonized with proper bounce and proper staying. This means, it depends on the thickness and arrangement of these layers to determine how deep and how bouncy. HIGGS was born by properly combining these elements. So, HIGGS has been developed to grab the ball, but it can also bounce back the ball with appropriate depth. I think OLAM users and ZEALOT users will find that HIGGS falls somewhere in between. Still, HIGGS
s main characteristic is to be a 7-ply version of CHEDECH. HIGGS provides the powerful attack of CHEDECH, but with a solid 7-ply layered feel and performance. This is accomplished by the additional plies, not by using a special material. HIGGS was designed during the same time as CHEDECH.

Players who are interested in CHEDECH, but hesitate because of the price should take a look at HIGGS!

Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2015 at 10:03am
If someone's interested, I've got a Higgs available for testing, among other Nexy blades. Have a look here.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2015 at 10:00pm
Wish we are in the same continent. :)
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2016 at 4:44pm
I have just started reading this topic after years of putting Nexy off as a brand since it wasn't "big" enough.
But after reading through all of the design details, I'm more than intrigued at a couple of the blades!

Speaking of, has anyone tried and played with the Akrasia? Forum search suggests no one has played with it and shared their thoughts yet...
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 5:40am
Dear Nexy friends,

I have an official annoncement.
Here is a new staff who will help the management of "nexy.com".
His name is Andrew Shin, and his email is "[email protected]".
If you have any question concerning "nexy.com", he will help you.

Thank you.

Oscar.

Edited by Nexy - 05/31/2016 at 4:16am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 11:19am
When will Karis be sold?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
  Share Topic