Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 30>
Author
bptse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bptse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 7:14pm
Another great blade by Nexy, I'm sure. I had a chance to hit with the olam and z blade this year. I tried lots of blades this year, probably 12, and the z blade made me put down all other blades and stick with it. Great job!
Sponsored Links

nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

I have quick question about Karis.

Are the final (production) versions meaningfully different from the "prototypes" from late 2015?  

I tested a sample (Karis M version) in December 2015, and would like to know what, if anything, changed in this rubber since then.

< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">

Yes,the final version is different from the before samples.
Nexy designer's sub ID for image uploading
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by bptse bptse wrote:

Another great blade by Nexy, I'm sure. I had a chance to hit with the olam and z blade this year. I tried lots of blades this year, probably 12, and the z blade made me put down all other blades and stick with it. Great job!

Thank you for the nice comment.
Zealot and Rubicon will be also interesting for you.
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 9:04pm
I am using both IDs; Nexy and Nexy1.
The forum has a limit for image uploading, so I had to make another ID for image uploading. Thank you.

Edited by nexy1 - 12/08/2016 at 9:08pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 9:32pm
You may want to sign up for an account at imgur.com and upload the images there, then link to them in your post.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by nexy1 nexy1 wrote:

Are the final (production) versions meaningfully different from the "prototypes" from late 2015?  

I tested a sample (Karis M version) in December 2015, and would like to know what, if anything, changed in this rubber since then.

Could you briefly explain the main difference(s)?
Thank you
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2016 at 9:46pm

Could you briefly explain the main difference(s)?
Thank you

Dear VictorK,

So sorry for late reply.

I tested three different samples, and the final chosen version has slight difference from the other two samples.
It has better gripping power than the second version.
I focused on the surface, and it has enhanced gripping ability.

With thanks, Oscar.
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2016 at 3:53pm
So what glue do you reccomend for the new rubicon blade? Not to aggressive but do you have a brand in mind? Thanks
set up: Donic WSC

fh Cornileau target Pro GT H47

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 12:05am

We suggest that you use a gentle glue and take more care when you remove rubbers from the blade. It’s advisable to remove rubbers from left to right instead of from handle to head. Note: Rubicon contains a factory sealing, but recently, many brands are releasing very strong glues that may damage blades with vertically lined wood surface. Most of glue are generally available to use. but It is not recommended to put the glue too much. 

Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 1:34pm
I'm the owner of a Nexy Kanaph blade,ST with 84grams and it is great.
So great that I've ordered another one, this time with FL handle

Edited by assam - 01/11/2017 at 5:33pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 1:51pm

Dear VictorK,

So sorry for late reply.

I tested three different samples, and the final chosen version has slight difference from the other two samples.
It has better gripping power than the second version.
I focused on the surface, and it has enhanced gripping ability.

With thanks, Oscar.

That is good.  I find it quite grippy, definitely one of the things I like.
Hudoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 3:30pm
  Dear Nexy! I play Karis M+ and M on Higgs now. Very much it is pleasant. Thank you for your developments and achievements of surprising and qualitative stock for table tennis! Also very well you describe what features and potential your products have! 
    I have question if you can - answer please. At what rigidity of sponge (43 or 47) and what thickness (2.0 or 2.2) special properties of your slips Karis are better shown?

Thanks.
Hudoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 3:56pm
?Dear Nexy! I now play Caris m + and m Higgs. Really like. Thank you for your amazing developments and achievements and high-quality table tennis equipment! Also very good you are describing what features and capabilities have your products! 
    I have a question, if you can-please. What hardness of sponge (43 or 47) and what thickness (2.0 or 2.2) better manifested special properties of your lining? 
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Hudoi Hudoi wrote:

Dear Nexy! I play Karis M+ and M on Higgs now. Very much it is pleasant. Thank you for your developments and achievements of surprising and qualitative stock for table tennis! Also very well you describe what features and potential your products have! 
    I have question if you can - answer please. At what rigidity of sponge (43 or 47) and what thickness (2.0 or 2.2) special properties of your slips Karis are better shown?

Thanks.

Good to know that you like Karis.

Concerning the sponge's hardness, I am sorry but I don't want to tell you the sponge hardness. Just I can say that Karis M+ is using slightly harder sponge than Karis M.
Recently, may brands are adopting soft top sheet, and knowing the hradness degree of a sponge does not help you much to undestand the rubber's functoinal feature. So, I'd rather ask you to just feel the whole rubber as one. Specially, this rubber is tryng to make the players feel the whole rubber as one movement, not dividing the feeling of the top sheet and the sponge.

Concering the thickness, I am not sure whether I understoond your question in the right way or not, however, if you are asking about my personal preferrance, I am now playing with 2.2mm.
If you wanted to ask some other thing, then, please, write a reply one more time.

Thank you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Hudoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 6:51am
   Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time and paying attention to me! I've been watching Your development of the table tennis equipment and they are very interesting ...the point of my question about Karis that what Karis ( M or M+) and a thicker , more corresponds to what result You want to achieve , developing a new concept of fabrication technology for pads ?
 And another question , if I may . Perhaps after a while the pad will lose its properties ...Can be a little to restore these properties tuning (use the accelerator, or oil , or a booster like the Chinese plates) , or it will ruin the sponge and make the pad worse?
And ..will there be any Impact on the properties of Karis , what glue , water or rubber , she's glue?
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 12:05pm
I wanted to ask question please ? Are Nexy Labyrinthos blades made in China or South Korea ? I have 2 Labyrinthos and on box says Made in China. I am confused, as I always though they are made in Korea. Please, answer. Thank you in advance.
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 7:55am
Nexy, some of us are concerned about variation in sponge hardness in Karis M.  You can read the comments in the thread on Karis here.

I like the rubber and have written several good reviews here, at TT Daily, and at OOAK forum. (The combined audience is a lot of amateur players all over the world).  I am one of the first few independent commenters to really support this rubber and urge others to try it (a group of 3 or 4 of us at the moment), and I was happy to buy additional sheets after I bought my first pair.  And for the moment I emphasize that I expect to continue to use it.

BUT...  The last sheets of Karis M I bought, the Red 2.2 weighed 61g uncut, but the Black 2.2 was 67g!  These two sheets were exactly the same size.  (They are not always the same size, which is a different issue).  I am not the only one seeing this.  The only reason I checked is because another commenter had noticed it earlier.  This other poster found this weight variation affected sponge hardness.  By the way, it is not always the black ones that are harder and heavier.  So it does not systematically correlate with color.

Again, I like the predictability of the rubber and for now will continue to use it, but most people would say that this is far too much variation for a $50 high performance rubber! I hope you can improve the consistency of the product.  I worry a bit about what my next sheets of Karis M will be like.  Will they be more like M+ (which I personally did not like as much)?  Or will they be too soft? 
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 9:22am
I put a new set of two Karis M rubbers few days ago and noticed that the black and red felt and played slightly differently, and also differently than the old Karis M I just took of my blade.  
I also weighed the new rubbers (after cutting them to my blade) and the weight difference was 2.5 grams - not as significant as for Baal, but still meaningful enough, IMO.
I do like the Karis rubber quite a bit, as well as Nexy equipment in general (I've played with Nexy blades for 3 years), so I would really love to see the QC issues to get addressed and resolved.

< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 1:07am
NEXY Announcement: Introducing KARIS H!

The new Karis series will have unique top sheet structure that will distinguish Karis from all other rubbers.

NEXY adopted a shorter column, which made Karis M and Karis M+ slightly different from all other rubbers. The shorter column made the reaction of the top sheet quicker against the impact of the ball. It can also make a faster rebound of the ball from the rubber as well as generating greater spin on the ball. To understand the benefits of how this shorter column improves the new Karis series, we need to understand how a rubber can make a spin.

Generally, players misunderstand that the spin on the ball can be gained by the movement of the rubber, which causes the ball roll on it. But when we record it with a high speed camera, we cannot see the actual rolling movement of a ball. Rather, it seems like the ball is simply sinking into the surface and getting expelled by the sponge. The impacting moment is quite short, and physically it's not possible to make a ball roll on the rubber's surface. However, in that short instance the ball can extort the surface of the rubber, and it can be effected by that distorted shape of the rubber. So, the cause of the spin relies on the power of the rubber's surface as it tries to return to its original shape.

On the other hand, we can assume that the intensity of the spin generation is dependent upon the power of the rubber to regain the original shape after being compressed by the impact of the rubber. Therefore, we can accept the power source for a big spin is coming from the top sheet's recovery. And when we use a harder top sheet, we can conclude that this harder surface will generate more spin than the softer version.

But it's not that simple! When we use hard top sheet, it takes a great deal of power to change the shape of it, and the result is a lack of spin. Therefore, there could be a limit for the hardness of the top sheet. There is another problem with hard top sheets. When we use an extremely hard material for the top sheet, often the ball will bounce off too quickly, unable to remain on the rubber long enough to generate a decent spin. The hardness of the top sheet has a limit!

Recently, most brands in Europe and Japan (except for Chinese brand rubbers) made a unified change in their rubber composition. To make the movement of the ball easier and more controllable, they moved away from a hard top sheet to a softer top sheet. But NEXY went the other direction. We adopted a hard top sheet, and continued to use it with Karis H.

Karis H is adopting the same hard top sheet, and it also uses a hard sponge. Combining a hard top sheet is often neutralized by a softer sponge, but Nexy applied a very hard sponge, believing in the shorter column effect.

NEXY’s unique column structure allows harder top sheet to work without any unbalanced movement from the ball. It is shorter and it reacts faster, which prevents the possible problem from the quick response of the hard top sheet. NEXY experimented extensively with the hard top sheet/hard sponge combination, and the result was extremely positive. The ball's response was predictable, and we could accurately anticipate how the ball would move, even though the rubber is very hard.

Karis H is now challenging other brands' best selling rubbers with its unique column structure, combined with a hard top sheet and hard sponge. It moves quickly, but is easy to control.

This rubber is especially recommended for Chinese rubber users, because it has a familiar feature of hard top sheet and hard sponge. Yet, it is super fast, unlike those well-known Chinese rubbers. And, it does not have the unpredictable low curve like some Chinese rubbers. It also works well for blocking powerful shots.

At first, we were concerned that this hard rubber would be difficult for beginning level players because it might require a strong swing movement, but it turned out that most beginners did not feel any inconvenience when playing with it. Therefore, we proudly recommend all players to test Karis H and make use of its uniqueness. This rubber will serve you well and deliver powerful results.

Please welcome the only hard rubber in this soft top sheet age — Karis H!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 1:50am
Karis H sounds very intriguing. As always, NEXY is innovative. I look forward to checking it out. 
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 7:42am
I love Karis M. Please don't ever change it.
Hudoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 8:09am
?I have 2 m and 2 m+ Karis . Want to try H . Who is ready to sell? ( can be used )
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 9:19pm
TO Baal

Yes, I won't change it.
Moreover, I am pretty sure that I will stay more time with Karis rubbers.
I am not attracted to the any possible next version of it for now.

Edited by nexy1 - 09/05/2017 at 9:19pm
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 9:24pm
Here is a link for Karis H test.

http://youtu.be/B-v_5KEwACg

This video was done by one well known Korean amateur player.
The sub titles are written in Korean.
I will write them one by one here.

Back hand play : CCA Unlimited blade / MX-S rubber on one side, Karis H on the other side. 

I am generally playing with Hurricane 2, and I will compare Karis H with H2.
H2 is more grippy for looping, but Karis H is more stable and easy to return the ball where I want to.
H2 has higher success rate for counter looping due to its slow speed, but Karis H seems a little more difficult for counter looping. 
H2 is very sticky, and easy to make a back hand looping from the low location on the table, but Karis H is a little more difficult.
However, Karis H is easier to return the ball with power, keeping the feeling of Chinese sticky rubber, and it was more comfortable to control the ball without taking care of the each swing movement, which was asked by H2 quite often. 
I am making less mistakes now with Karis H.

Question. 
Is it correctly understood that H2 is easy to make a looping from the low angle, but Karis H is generally more powerful and more spinny?

Answer. Yes.

Question.
What do you think about the length of the returning ball? Does it fly long?

Answer. It depends on the play style.
One of my play mate said that this rubber does not have long arch.
But he said that my returning ball flies long and strong.
If you are playing away from the table with Karis, if you have a good and fast swing with power, then you will enjoy it. But if you are not powerful shooter, you will not like this rubber.
I conclude that you need to have a good impact shot if you want to enjoy the good feature of Karis H.
(There are many rubbers which is good for general rally, but not powerful enough for attacking shot, but Karis H is not that kind.)

Question.
High level testers seem to like Karis H more, than normal level players.
By the way, how was it for service?
I experienced that your service was not easy to return, because it's making big curve on the table. 

Answer.
Oh, that's true. H2 is sticky, and the ball feels to stay for a moment, and not easy to make a big side spin. But Karis H (even though it feels similar to Chinese sticky rubbers) acts directly to the spinning moment.

Question.
You mean not for backward spin, but for side spin, right?

Answer.
Yes, I could make bigger side spin services.
Generally speaking, Chinese rubbers are sticky, and if you don't impact the ball on the right moment with right power, then you can not make good spin for your services. Sometime, the ball seems to stop on the rubber, and the ball does not go over the net, if the impact was not right. But Karis H is very easy to make a good and spiny services.

Dialogue
This rubber seem to easy to control for short games (close to the nets.)
This rubber gives easy control, because the feedback from the rubber is very direct.
(Chinese rubbers seem to act two steps, one on the surface, the second on the sponge, but Karis H gives one feeling as a one material, maybe due to the short column structure.)

Question.
What blade do you play with?

Answer.
I prefer Tibhar's CCA unlimited to Carbonado blades.

Question
What do you use for your back hand side?

Answer
I use MX-S. I moved from Tenergy series to MX-S.
MX-S gives more control for my back hand side, and I am making less mistakes.
MX-S is comparatively easy to play than Chinese rubbers, too.

Edited by nexy1 - 09/05/2017 at 9:54pm
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 9:56pm

Edited by nexy1 - 09/05/2017 at 10:02pm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2017 at 4:55am
Here I present one liked page for KARIS rubber review.
Please, check the linked page.

----------------------

I want to introduce a very unique tension rubber from a new brand based on South Korea. The name of rubber is ‘Karis’.

Maybe you aren’t familiar with ‘Nexy’. But, during these seven years Nexy has announced many unique table tennis blades in South Korean domestic market, and some models have been introduced worldwide through some table tennis forums. Most of Nexy blades are very well designed, and at the same time provides decent performance. However, differently from Nexy’s excellent blades, the rubber of Nexy had been no more than entry level products until 2015. Having top-class rubbers in its range had been a dream of Nexy for long time. And, finally it has been realized by the launching of ‘Karis’ in 2016.

~~

‘EBCS’ is printed on the packaging of Nexy Karis. Its meaning is ‘Enhanced Balance Column Structure’. (‘Column Structure’ means ‘pimple shape’ of course.)

This unique pimple geometry makes the uniqueness of Karis in performance. According to Nexy, by the reduction of the height of pimple, performance balance and response of rubber are greatly enhanced. Of course the pimple geometry will not be everything. After finishing the development of pimple structure, Nexy had spent about 1 more year for the optimization of performance. Then we can estimate that the formula of top sheet and the formula of sponge was also optimized during that one year.

Also according to Nexy, the idea of short pimple is from the experience of examining Chinese sticky rubbers. In fact most of Chinese sticky (= tacky) rubbers such as Hurricane 3 have short pimples. Karis isn’t made in China, and isn’t sticky. But, from Karis we will be able to expect the stability of topspin at close-to-table area as Chinese rubbers. Also we will be able to expect the speed of smash from Karis will not be low because it isn’t a sticky rubber.

One additional advantage of shortened pimple is that one step thicker sponge can be applied. That is similar concept as the newest German tension rubbers such as Aurus Prime and Donic BlueStorm. The difference from Karis and newest German tension rubbers is that newest German tension rubbers have thinner upper sheets instead of shortened pimples. So the concept of Nexy Karis is fundamentally different from the concept of newest German tension rubbers. Anyway, Nexy Karis is available in thicker sponge than Stiga rubbers.

~~

--------------------

To read more, please, click on the below linked page.

https://ttgearlab.com/2017/08/06/next-karis-overview-impression/

Edited by Nexy - 10/21/2017 at 5:03am
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2017 at 7:35am
I am greatly happy with Karis m+. It is spinnier than a lot of german rubbers in my backhand. Great catapult and handling effect.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2017 at 10:01am
I like Karis M on an ALC blade and I use it on both sides.. It does everything Nexy says it does. On a slower blade I might use M+ or maybe H.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2017 at 3:20am
For a spinning or mixed OFF game, M on a fast balde is great, M+ on the ALL+ish blades and H on the OFF blades if you hit or powerloop opponents into submission.

I wanna hear moar about the new Arche blade since I like the KJH blade so much.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 12:51am
NEXY completed its 4th generation blades with the release of RUBICON.

During past 10 years, Nexy has made many blades, and with this latest release I can say with confidence that we succeeded in filling-in all the gaps for players’ blade needs.

To illustrate Nexy’s array of blades types, I have provided a data table for our well known blades.

Rating          Elasticity     Ad.Elasticity    Hardness   Rel.Hardness

Fiber blades (Super High Elasticity type)
Nexy Akrasia        127           -9%           112        -3%
Nexy Hannibal       114           -8%           106          0%
Nexy OZ               108            0%           105        -9%

Fiber blades (Regular type)
Nexy Oscar            97            -7%            95        +9%
Nexy Chedech        97            -8%            93        +7%
Nexy Kanaph          94            -5%            92        +12%
Nexy Spartacus       86            -11%           84        +14%
Nexy Amazon          86            -10%           83        +19%

Fiber blades (Variable Elasticity type)
Nexy Qabod          97            +19%           101       -20%
Nexy Calix II        92            +26%           100       -19%
Nexy Arirang        89            +24%            98       -15%
Nexy Calix            82            +36%            91       -24%

7-ply wood blades
Nexy Olam              90            -13%           86        +14%
Nexy Rubicon          89            +10%           94          0%
Nexy Z blade          89             +8%           93          0%
Nexy Higgs             87            -16%           82        +14%
Nexy Lissom           79             -3%           78        +10%

5-ply wood blades
Nexy Spear             99            -15%           91        +12%
Nexy Zealot            98            -20%           89        +11%
Nexy Dexter           96            -18%           91        +22%
Nexy Color             90             -3%           90          +4%
Nexy PeterPan        83             +7%           88        +10%

(Note that these figures were not considering the blade with swing movemen and rubber's spin generating action. In some blades, Nexy is adopting dual speed system, but machine is lacking the ability to check the actual data during the movement. It's just newtral data of a blade without rubbers attached, and set on a non-movemnet jig.)

Meaning of Each Rating

1. Elasticity
> Basic elasticity or speed of blade. Higher value means higher speed/elasticity.
> 90 is the middle value. Elasticity rating of most blades is in the 80~100 range. Over 100 means super high elasticity. Under 100 means noticeably diminished elasticity.
> You may consider 80~85 = ALL+, 85~90 = OFF-, 90~95 = OFF and 95~100 = OFF. However, please note this is not an exact science.

2. Additional Elasticity
> This means the response of blade when player makes a hard impact.
> If this rating is close to 0%, the response of blade is regarded as linear without much variation of elasticity. If this rating is 'plus' (= bigger than 0%), the bounce of ball becomes bigger than that expected from impact input. If this rating is 'minus' (= smaller than 0%), the bounce of ball becomes smaller than that expected from impact input.
> The blades with 'plus' rating are good for performing various techniques, and they are especially good for a hard smash due to its additional rebound. The blades with a 'minus' rating are good for continuous topspin or extremely aggressive close-to-the table topspin thanks to its holding-the-ball feeling.
> Additional rebound or good holding is noticeable when this value is over +10% or under -10%.

3. Hardness
> Basic feeling of blade. Higher value means a harder feeling, and lower value means a softer feeling.
> 90 is the middle value. 90 means that the blade isn't especially hard or soft. Hardness of most blades is in the range of 80~100.
> For example, about 80~ is the typical value of many 5-ply wood blade.

4. Relative Hardness
> Relative feeling at blade wing when compared to the basic feeling (= hardness).
> If this rating is close to 0%, the feeling of blade is even. Players may notice that the feeling at wing is similar to basic overall feeling. If this rating is 'plus' (= bigger than 0%), the feeling at blade wing is relatively harder (or stronger) than the basic feeling. If this rating is 'minus' (= smaller than 0%), the feeling at blade wing is relatively softer (or weaker) than the basic feeling.

As you can see from the Nexy blade data table, we worked hard to fill most needs for blade development. After releasing Rubicon, I was not sure how to move forward, so I considered what other brands have done:

(1) Release a new blade with a new design printing and new handle, but with the same composition.

Many brands are releasing new blades without any big change in the performance of the blade. They can easily generate new sales without any research and development. They simply use new names for the blade, alter the shape and material a little, and attach a different handle. But this is the last thing Nexy would do!

(2) Test the blade with a well known player, and change a little, and name it after the player.

This is also a common way to make a new blade with a proven data and track record. They simply give the well-known blade to a professional player, slightly alter the design, and name it after the player. Nexy does not have a contract with any professional players, and this is not something we are seeking. Nexy strives to have a clear motivation for each new product, and does not want to ask for help from professional players to increase sales. Brand manager must be a leader, not a follower.

(3) Release trendy blades.

The third way is to analyze the market and make a copy blade to keep up with the current trends. In table tennis, companies often don't have much conscious about copying other brand products. Rather, it's commonly accepted that all brands release similar products for new season. But I don't agree with this method, and I refuse to study the market and become a late follower.

These three clauses are the most popular ways to run new blades' development, but Nexy must be different. Nexy must be innovative with each new release. So, I decided to conclude the 4th generation and begin the 5th generation with a new method.

Okay then, what else I can I do to make the 5th generation extraordinary?

1. I will not study the market and copy any popular trend. I’m not interested in the composition of other brands' blades. I can test some of them, but not so deep as to interfere with my Nexy design process. Rather, I will focus on testing previous Nexy blades I designed.

2. I will continue to consider the poly ball for all new designs. The poly balls are bigger and slower, and Nexy must enhance and upgrade it's standard power criteria to accommodate and compensate. Thus, 4th generation will provide valuable information for the 5th generation, and the 4th generation will combine with other generations.

3. I am proud of the past 10 years' products and pleased that previous generation blades are still selling well and being used by players of all levels. I will not try to upgrade them, because I don’t want players to think I deserted original designs. But I will try to release a new line of blades that retain some qualities of original designs. Therefore, Nexy's 5th generation will release new products, and you will find them right beside the past generation blades. You can choose which version you like more. Let me be clear when I say, past generation blades are still meaningful and viable for the current table tennis environment. But I want to diversify more with the upcoming generation of blades.

With this new idea, I am releasing two new blades. One is CAKRA and the other one is ARCHE. I will continue to write more about these two blades in my next articles.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Nexy - 10/28/2017 at 4:22am
Brand Manager of NEXY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 30>
  Share Topic