Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Sinus- Those whom have used it...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Sinus- Those whom have used it...
    Posted: 07/06/2010 at 11:22am
I got to try the regular Sinus recently on someones Galaxy T11 and found it was a stunning combination and had tons of control.  It had more control than any racket I have ever EJ'ed on!!!   The speed of the blade and rubber did not seem to be so fast to me.  The amazing control overwhelmed my sense of the actual speed of this setup.  I could place balls on the table at will.  The lightness scared me at first, but then I just laughed after hitting several balls back and it seemed like I could not miss the other side of the table while practice hitting. 

For those who have used Tibhar Sinus (regular), what other rubbers do you feel may be close to the same?   Also, is the Sinus Sound version much different?

Sponsored Links

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2010 at 11:50am
I used Sinus (Alpha) only and it sucked, it is definitely a rubber made for blocking and passive play.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
butterfly 111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly 111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2010 at 3:26pm
sinus and sinus alpha have differnt sponges but when you play with them you feel like that are totally diffferent rubbers
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2010 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

I used Sinus (Alpha) only and it sucked, it is definitely a rubber made for blocking and passive play.

no offense, but that comment is absurd. one of the best players in the tournments i go to, plays with these rubbers on a tibhar triple carbon and hes a super offensive player! probably u cant put your own speed in ur shots? Confused
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2010 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by rui pedro81 rui pedro81 wrote:

Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

no offense, but that comment is absurd. one of the best players in the tournments i go to, plays with these rubbers on a tibhar triple carbon and hes a super offensive player! probably u cant put your own speed in ur shots? Confused

This rubber was made for PASSIVE play, it doesn't mean you can't be offensive with it.. one of kuwait's top juniors uses it and he plays offensive. It sure won't play like tenergy series and your shots wont be as strong no matter how "YOU" can add your own speed to it. Sinus Alpha blocks are the best I tried yet, didn't like it for looping.. and trust me I can loop well, so no offense taken ;)
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2010 at 5:54pm
i dont agree, its a good offensive rubber, but im curious why do u say its meant to play passive?

Edited by rui pedro81 - 07/06/2010 at 5:54pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2010 at 6:01pm
I know a few national(pro)players who are using the regular Sinus on the BH and they all love it. Me personally have it and I was impressed by the control-speed ratio , but my game is very much spin oriented. It has the same(or more) than Tenergy speed, but less spin.I heart it is very close to Express One( which I haven't tried)

Edited by Kolev - 07/06/2010 at 6:03pm
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2010 at 6:57pm
I have Tibhar Sinus Sound (max). It is very soft and fast. Clicks loudly when hit. A great flat-hitting and blocking rubber as it has a low, flat ball path and a natural drop. Not nearly as spinny as Tibhar rates it, imho. I will add that this is amongst the lightest inverted rubbers you can buy.

Edited by nathanso - 07/07/2010 at 2:14pm
BBC, SP, LP
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 2:06pm
You said, "lightness," are you sure it was regular Sinus? White sponge? I didn't think it was especially light. Nonetheless, its a great bh rubber. I love the Sound version for the fh. It has a softer orangish sponge with a longer dwell time and better control. Its not fast, but it allows me to loop away from the table with 80% swing power with out the ball going long. As where some other rubbers like Ten05 and the like only let me swing with 50-70% to keep the ball on the table.

Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

I got to try the regular Sinus recently on someones Galaxy T11 and found it was a stunning combination and had tons of control.  It had more control than any racket I have ever EJ'ed on!!!   The speed of the blade and rubber did not seem to be so fast to me.  The amazing control overwhelmed my sense of the actual speed of this setup.  I could place balls on the table at will.  The lightness scared me at first, but then I just laughed after hitting several balls back and it seemed like I could not miss the other side of the table while practice hitting. 

For those who have used Tibhar Sinus (regular), what other rubbers do you feel may be close to the same?   Also, is the Sinus Sound version much different?

Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 6:15pm
a bit off topic but... MindTrip, could u do a quick review of the genius optimum sound ur using? comparision with other tibhar or butterfly rubbers would be much appreciated :)
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2010 at 2:25am
I really can't give an elaborate review, as I've only been able to hit with this a couple of time since gluing it on. Family vacation and other events have taken away from my play time here recently.
Gen Opt Sound plays similar to Sinus Sound, though Gen Opt Sound is faster, a little  heavier and can produce more loop spin. Gen Opt Sound feels a little softer than regular Sinus, but not as soft as Nimbus Sound or Sinus Sound. Gen Opt Sound's click is more muted than the other sound rubbers I have played.
Compared to Baracuda, Gen Opt Sound is lower throw, less spinny, softer, louder, bouncier and maybe a tad faster.
I'm pretty much tied up for the next 2-3 weeks and won't be able to play this rubber till my schedule allows, unfortunately.

a bit off topic but... MindTrip, could u do a quick review of the genius optimum sound ur using? comparision with other tibhar or butterfly rubbers would be much appreciated :)
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2010 at 9:41am
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

I really can't give an elaborate review, as I've only been able to hit with this a couple of time since gluing it on. Family vacation and other events have taken away from my play time here recently.
Gen Opt Sound plays similar to Sinus Sound, though Gen Opt Sound is faster, a little  heavier and can produce more loop spin. Gen Opt Sound feels a little softer than regular Sinus, but not as soft as Nimbus Sound or Sinus Sound. Gen Opt Sound's click is more muted than the other sound rubbers I have played.
Compared to Baracuda, Gen Opt Sound is lower throw, less spinny, softer, louder, bouncier and maybe a tad faster.
I'm pretty much tied up for the next 2-3 weeks and won't be able to play this rubber till my schedule allows, unfortunately.

thanks! that was very helpfull :)
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2010 at 12:54pm

You said, "lightness," are you sure it was regular Sinus? White sponge? I didn't think it was especially light. Nonetheless, its a great bh rubber. I love the Sound version for the fh. It has a softer orangish sponge with a longer dwell time and better control. Its not fast, but it allows me to loop away from the table with 80% swing power with out the ball going long. As where some other rubbers like Ten05 and the like only let me swing with 50-70% to keep the ball on the table.

[/QUOTE]

I should of said that the T-11 with the Tibhar Sinus (regular Sinus white sponge) was a Cpen setup.  There was a decent gap from the handle to the bottom of the rubber, so it contributed to the overall lightness of the T-11.  I have asked the person that let me try his blade for a uncut weight of the Sinus..but he didnt weight it before he cut and glued them.  He will let me know in a few weeks when he sets up a new blade.  I could not find any weights listed on this rubber anywhere.  So maybe the 2.0mm Sinus is average in weight..like 58-61 grams uncut?

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2010 at 10:14pm
Sinus is 64g uncut. With TN05 2.1mm and Sinus max together my setup felt like a brick on a pop-sickle stick. I suppose its not as heavy as I originally thought, but it feels heavy compared to the Sound versions and I too cut mine a little short around the handle.

Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

I should of said that the T-11 with the Tibhar Sinus (regular Sinus white sponge) was a Cpen setup.  There was a decent gap from the handle to the bottom of the rubber, so it contributed to the overall lightness of the T-11.  I have asked the person that let me try his blade for a uncut weight of the Sinus..but he didnt weight it before he cut and glued them.  He will let me know in a few weeks when he sets up a new blade.  I could not find any weights listed on this rubber anywhere.  So maybe the 2.0mm Sinus is average in weight..like 58-61 grams uncut?

[/QUOTE]
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic