FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"Best" inexpensive BH rubber.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Best" inexpensive BH rubber.
    Posted: 07/29/2010 at 1:28am
For those who have favorites in the following categories, please list two things:

1) Your favorite ~$30 rubber, and
2) Your favorite ~$15 rubber.

A caveat! Please list non-tacky "Euro/Jap-style" rubbers only (even if they're technically made by a Chinese company). I.e., Palio Macro Era or Gambler Outlaw. I'm trying to forsake expensive rubbers. I've found a couple viable forehand rubbers but am looking for a viable backhand rubber... and I don't like tackiness on my backhand.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Sponsored Links

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 1:44am
Juic Nanocannon

Does everything you need it to with no real flaws.  Faster than Sriver EL, but isn't a tensor.  Power output is very linear.  Also amazing durability (my sheet is 3 years old!)  So what's not to like?

Edited by ohhgourami - 07/29/2010 at 1:48am
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 1:52am
Have not tried anything lately in those price ranges but DHS Memo 3 is looking worth the try at $14:

http://ttnpp.com/shop/dhs-memo-3-iii-strong-spin-p-330.html
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:02am
i would highly recommend red diamond. in particular over iqul, sriver, and mark v, which are common rubbers i have a lot of experience with.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:08am
Originally posted by walleyeguy7 walleyeguy7 wrote:

i would highly recommend red diamond. in particular over iqul, sriver, and mark v, which are common rubbers i have a lot of experience with.

I have a sheet of Red Diamond I'm going to try soon, just for fun, but isn't it tacky? I haven't opened it yet, but I thought it was tacky...?

walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:31am
it is very lightly tacky, the sheet i tried was fairly new. it has a very grippy, soft topsheet, reminded me somewhat of a sriver topsheet, a little more elastic i would say. the sponge is roughly around 35 density on butterflys scale
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:40am
Cj8000 biotech.  Half tacky, elastic and shiny top sheet in the beginning. It becomes grippy and dull after a week. What I like about this rubber that it can perform every shot well.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 5:21am
i had a friend using dhs tg2 rubber as his backhand rubber. the non-neo.
very nice too, the tacky is very mild (i think he never clean it) :p
-throw is low
-spinny and good control if u have a consistent stroke.

Edited by zheyi - 07/29/2010 at 5:23am
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 5:55am
What is a 'BH rubber? a rubber is a rubber, there is no specifics for which side of the bat.
The Older I get, The better I was.
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 6:04am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

What is a 'BH rubber? a rubber is a rubber, there is no specifics for which side of the bat.

To Chinese style users there is!  Anything that is not Chinese rubber is bh rubber Big smile
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 8:14am
I have tried Globe 999, 729 Focus1, Palio CJ8000 light and speed, Dawei 2008 XP Super Power, IQUL on my BH with good result.  

The 2008 XP is the easiest to play with, but it's a little slow, if you (I mean general readers) have not play with Max. sponge on BH then it would be a good rubber to start.  The 999 and Focus1 are very good for blocking and looping, I can even lobe with these 2 rubbers quite well.  The CJ8000 is excellent for blocking, but not very good for looping (for me on the BH) and the sponge is quite hard, so you need softer blade.  The IQUL is the closest to Jap\euro rubber but cost a little more.

On the one listed I would recommend Focus1 as the one you must try if you want to try Chinese rubber on the BH.  Why? bc it is different than any Jap\Euro on the BH, but very easy to adapt, and once you adapt, you can play with almost any Chinese rubber on the BH.

Note: do not be afraid of a mild tackiness on the Chinese rubber.  Unless you clean it good, and cover it with plastic cover, you will not feel the tackiness at all when you play.
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 8:33am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

+1
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 9:02am
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

To Chinese style users there is!  Anything that is not Chinese rubber is bh rubber Big smile

You mean for Jpen users... Wink
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 9:45am
anyone knows of a cheaper alternative of a sriver el rubber? i use red one.. Ermm
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 11:33am
Gambler reflectoid (tacky) :) if you like it controlled, Red diamond (tacky) if you like it fast. Most people seem to prefer a lower throw rubber on the BH than there FH so I guess that defines a backhand rubber for most people. If you don't need to counter on your backhand and prefer to attack on your forehand Reflectoid is a master class of rubber :0 I'm very impressed with it

Edited by nicefrog - 07/29/2010 at 11:36am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 1:18pm
To some: thanks for your suggestions thus far. Anyone have any experience with the pretuned Gambler Six Shooter? I'm worried that Outlaw might be a bit fast for me...

To others: I'm not looking to extensively define and then possibly debate what I mean by BH rubber. The fact is, many, many people on this forum make distinctions between BH and FH rubbers and therefore know what I mean. If you don't then feel free not to respond... Or, just offer a suggestion for an inexpensive, non-tacky rubber.

Thanks.

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 1:52pm
I've said it more than once...
I personally think Palio Macro would make a sweet BH rubber for anyone that
  • is a fan of super soft sponges
  • is a user of very stiff blade/s
I came to this conclusion independent of this fine merchant. see description
(he is also correct when stating "the topsheet is more durable than many other 3G Tensors")
it's as durable as (more than some) 4 & 5G Tensors!Thumbs Up

Chong over at FastPaddle is also an excellent merchant.

Edited by Heimdallalso - 07/29/2010 at 2:57pm
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:06pm
These are my choices:for 15$-DARKER- V-Lon,GALAXY-Venus(I'm waiting Venus 2,might be good too),any PALIO  rubber  from Biotech series.
                                   for 30$- JOOLA-Energy Extra ,STIGA-Neos Sound SynergyTech, DONIC-Coppa J.O.Gold (I think for sure you can find these for under 30$)

Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:18pm
- Donic Jo Coppa Silver
- Yasaka Venus (+1)
- PME 42.5
- BTY Cermet
- Kokutaku 868 non tacky tokyo
- LKT Rapid Sound
- Focus 3
racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:45pm
hi, every one !

anton, have u tried KOKUTAKU 868 TOKYO NON-TACKY ?
It has no speciality like regular SRIVER but it is cheap.
the topsheet is not soft. it is medium. it is durable.
but if u try it, be sure not to get a hard sponge.
it comes in many different degrees.
there is a 40-43 degrees pink sponge which is very nice... and it is not hard.
the 35 degrees white sponge is nice too but it is not very fast.
it is 11.51 in presports... and maybe u can get it cheaper somewhere else.
I hope this help u !

rogerio caldas
if I could play like my mind can...
GALAXY N-11
FH KOKUTAKU 868 RED 30-35
BH KOKUTAKU 868 TOKYO NON TACKY 35
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:57pm
Anton you can try Outlaw 2.0 if you are worried about speed. However, if your game from BH requires much spin and closeness to the table then you'd be better off with something like Gambler Wraith or  LKT Red Diamond. Six Shooter Pre-tuned is not said to be anything spectacular but it could be nice - regular Six Shooter was pretty close to Sriver EL but you'd have to boost it.

You can always find IQUL in some thickness/hardness which will satisfy you. That's for cheap ones...

With the more expensive stuff, you indeed can try PM or PME. Blitz would probably work as well.

What IS your style on BH though?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Anton you can try Outlaw 2.0 if you are worried about speed. However, if your game from BH requires much spin and closeness to the table then you'd be better off with something like Gambler Wraith or  LKT Red Diamond. Six Shooter Pre-tuned is not said to be anything spectacular but it could be nice - regular Six Shooter was pretty close to Sriver EL but you'd have to boost it.

You can always find IQUL in some thickness/hardness which will satisfy you. That's for cheap ones...

With the more expensive stuff, you indeed can try PM or PME. Blitz would probably work as well.

What IS your style on BH though?

Good question... I'm working very hard to develop my BH right now. In the past, I'd do the occasional opening loop, but mostly I'm fairly FH oriented. I'd block, push, and counter-hit with my BH but rarely counter-loop or be very aggressive with it.

The important thing is: I'm trying to change that by using my BH for more opening loops and I'm also trying to counter-loop and loop-kill more with it. So I'd prefer a rubber that does all things well but that's not too defensive. Honestly, Roundell is perfect but it costs $53. I was recently spoiled by finding two great $14 forehand rubbers so now I'm insisting on doing the same for my backhand.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 3:32pm
The EJ continues...

But I love it! Ha ha! I just bought 4 rubbers from ttnpp.com for the same price as one sheet of Roundell or Tenergy. Cracks me up.

Including a couple I already purchased, I now have a lot of BH rubbers to try:

LKT Red Diamond
Gambler Outlaw
Darker VLON-S Silver V
Darker VLON-S Blue V
Kokutaku 868 Tokyo non-tacky
DHS Memo 3
Palio Macro and Macro Era (thanks to Heimdallalso's generosity)

If none of these satisfy (though I'm hoping at least one will), I have even more to try thanks to you guys. Thanks a bunch. This forum's utility in EJing is indispensable. Thumbs Up  LOL

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 3:46pm
Darker VLON-S comes in a gold and a silver package. The silver package has the blue sponge. The Gold package is softer, better effect, and would make a wonderful BH rubber. It's grippy, not tacky. It's nice stuff.
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 3:56pm
.I have the Gold (sorry I didn't mention) package and Yes it's a nice rubber and a light one too.

Edited by Ciprian - 07/29/2010 at 3:57pm
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Ciprian Ciprian wrote:

.I have the Gold (sorry I didn't mention) package and Yes it's a nice rubber and a light one too.

Awesome. It's on the way to me from ttnpp.com. I'm glad you mentioned it is light. I just stuck the Red Diamond to my blade and it's (a little) heavy, as is Outlaw. Not so heavy I couldn't adapt, but not as light as I'd ideally want.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 4:46pm
What are those two magic FH rubbers you mentioned that work so well for you? and what blade did you settle on?

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 4:51pm

What are those two magic FH rubbers you mentioned that work so well for you? and what blade did you settle on?

The blade I settled on is the Acoustic L-size (admittedly, not a cheap blade). The two rubbers are LKT Black Power and CTT National Pride. They are still undergoing scrutiny for durability and consistency issues, but so far so good. In terms of performance, nothing of any price has suited my style as much as Black Power. Hopefully it lasts.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 5:00pm
MAX thickness both?

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 5:05pm

MAX thickness both?

Yup.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic