Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

[ASK] best rubber for speed glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jubei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jubei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ASK] best rubber for speed glue
    Posted: 08/01/2010 at 10:07am
Hello all,
I just register and this is my first post here...Big smile
In my country, speed glue, all ittf banned rubbers, and even processed pimple are still allowed to be used in all local TT tournament....
Most popular inverted rubbers are Sriver and Mark V

I like to know what was the all time best and popular rubber for speed glue. Searching the forum, I noticed donic jo wladner and mendo mp were mentioned as the best. Is it true? or do you have any other suggestions??

Thank you
Sponsored Links

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2010 at 11:37am
Probably Bryce? that was very popular with pros, not so much at club level
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2010 at 11:39am
the old h3 is still the best!!! then the sriver n mark v..
Jubei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2010 at 8:57pm
Thanks for the reply.
I forgot about Bryce that was also quite successful in my country but not everyone can afford.
H3 commercial was not so well known. H3 province was used by few players though

What about populer rubber by Joola, Tibhar, Andro, Nitaku, Xiom???
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2010 at 9:39pm
Regular Bryce.  Regular Bryce on speed glue still my favorite table tennis setup of all time.
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2010 at 10:49pm
Joola Mambo (not ~sure~ which one) was a big favorite of SG users in my area, back when they speed glued.
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2010 at 12:10am
Definitely Bryce or Bryce Speed with Haifu Blue Whale II speed glue is incredible. Joola Tango Extreme on speed glue also produces an unbelievable spin and speed (especially spin and consistent looping). 
GO MUSTANGS!
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2010 at 8:03am
Bryce Hard is incredible + speed glue.. If I were playing with Japan rubber on my FH that would be the rubber for me..
Hurricane 2 and 3 for Chinese rubbers
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2010 at 11:38am
Sriver EL
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
bbgobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2010 at 6:02pm
The JO Waldner was definitely better than any version of sriver and Bryce.
However I preferred the Donic Desto F1 and was the last rubber I played with speed glue.  The speed glue didn't add as much as an effect with this rubber, but it was still noticeable.

What kind of skill level are you at though? That can change the answer drastically.
Jubei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by bbgobie bbgobie wrote:

However I preferred the Donic Desto F1 and was the last rubber I played with speed glue.  The speed glue didn't add as much as an effect with this rubber, but it was still noticeable.

What kind of skill level are you at though? That can change the answer drastically.

Is it true that donic desto is very fragile & easily chipping???
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by bbgobie bbgobie wrote:

F1 with speed glue? A good player destroys it after some hours!
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2010 at 3:22pm
The best rubbers I've played before glue ban:

For classic rubbers: Sriver EL and Donic Coppa
For last generation "glue era" rubbers: Tibhar Torpedo and Juic Couga (only avaliable in Black color)
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 9:06pm
Lots of rubbers come to mind and the ones mentioned here are indeed all really really great but one that shines like a star, and has not been mentioned here is:

Stiga Mendo MP

Others which are also good are:
Stiga Magna 
Friendship 729 FX

the nice thing is that these rubbers have a much more pronounced character than modern rubbers - gluing them to maximum performance will not lead to them feeling the same - far from it! They have their own very distinct characteristics.

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2014 at 12:34am
hurricane rubber

butterfly sriver

any kind of non tensor rubber
butterfly Timo Boll spirit

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 2:17am
From new generation: Hammond Pro Beta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic