Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Harmony 2010 China Open...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Would anyone call me crazy for thinking that Xu Xin might walk away with the win...? Shocked

Xu Xin is my favourite. He has the best forehand and footwork in my opinion. If only he has Wang Hao's RPB and Ma Lin's serve his play style will become one of the best teaching materials for the penholders.
Eric Yu
1st Blade: KTS Red + Omega II, Tenergy 64
2nd Blade: Butterfly Haruvatart-S ZL Carbon + Omega III, Tenergy 05
Dream Blade:Special Cypress Custom (Special Royal Treasure Art Product)+ Narucr
Sponsored Links

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by corsuse corsuse wrote:

Didn't you notice that Cai Xiaoli that played with Wang Hao sometimes served away from the side line of the table? Isn't that service illegal?

No, as long as it's behind the back line.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 10:57am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by kentyu kentyu wrote:

ZHENG Jiaqi from the bay area made it through the women's qualification round. Good for her! :)

She will immediately play Feng Tianwei ... not so lucky for her.

The match is on itTV - illustrates the difference between USATT rating 2550 and world class...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 12:13pm
Downloading the first round matches - will upload soon...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 12:24pm

Downloading the first round matches - will upload soon...
why ittf is not posting the scores in  the draw? if  they cant have a decent site  how media is gonna invest in TT?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 12:42pm
First round matches (from itTV)

Darius Knight vs Timo Boll
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QWW184O1

Jun Mizutani vs Andrew Baggaley
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J11RD3LZ

Ma Lin vs Ghosh Soumyajit
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2OZYRZAK

Wang Hao vs Cai Xiaoli
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GOAI5FI2

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Kalin Kalin wrote:

I haven't seen that match, so I cannot judge about that, but Ma Lin is just serving the old school way. LOL

He has been serving like this for years. How come NONE of his opponents have complained?
kentyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

ZHENG Jiaqi from the bay area made it through the women's qualification round. Good for her! :)

The match is on itTV - illustrates the difference between USATT rating 2550 and world class...

Oh cool, can someone help extract this game for us to download? Looks like Feng figured out her game pretty quickly. It's still nice to watch U.S playing against a world class player. Thanks!

There is no doubt about the big gap between 2550 rating and world class...
Just look at Kamal Sharath, he won the U.S Open but didn't even advance in the first round..
quakerroatmeal View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quakerroatmeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 1:59pm
You can stream it off ittv. Unless you want to save it on your hard drive personally.  
Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Originally posted by Kalin Kalin wrote:

I haven't seen that match, so I cannot judge about that, but Ma Lin is just serving the old school way. LOL

He has been serving like this for years. How come NONE of his opponents have complained?
I know that he always has been serving like this, but most referees tolerate this, because he is a big name in table tennis. As for his opponents, it is not fraternal to say something about it.
When you get annoyed about this, you get distracted. And when you get distracted, you often do not play your best game. LOL
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 2:34pm

Oh cool, can someone help extract this game for us to download? Looks like Feng figured out her game pretty quickly. It's still nice to watch U.S playing against a world class player. Thanks!

I will upload it later

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 6:06pm

Just look at Kamal Sharath, he won the U.S Open but didn't even advance in the first round..

She defeated tamara boros and jianghuajun last year both are pro
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 6:58pm
did anyone get drinkhalls game on record from bwin or anything?? 
sadra121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadra121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 9:04pm

First round matches (from itTV)

Darius Knight vs Timo Boll
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QWW184O1

Jun Mizutani vs Andrew Baggaley
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J11RD3LZ

Ma Lin vs Ghosh Soumyajit
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2OZYRZAK

Wang Hao vs Cai Xiaoli
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GOAI5FI2

Thank you very much JimT !

Do you have  ALAMIYAN Noshad IRI   vs JOO Se Hyuk KOR ?
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 2:50am

China Open 2010 - Timo Boll vs Darius Knight

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 3:27am

Oh cool, can someone help extract this game for us to download? Looks like Feng figured out her game pretty quickly. It's still nice to watch U.S playing against a world class player. Thanks!There is no doubt about the big gap between 2550 rating and world class...Just look at Kamal Sharath, he won the U.S Open but didn't even advance in the first round..

I looked at the group results- http://www.ittf.com/competitions/_groups_matches.asp?grp=&Event_Type=MSP&Competition_ID=1969
i think it says kamal won his group? maybe pulled out due to injury?
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quakerroatmeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 3:50am
I believe he made it through the qualifying round, but got knocked out in the first draw against gerell par.
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 6:48am
Originally posted by tablet92 tablet92 wrote:

Originally posted by quakerroatmeal quakerroatmeal wrote:

Is there anyway to watch the qualifying matches?

we need to hope that someone ripped matches from bwin

I've ripped a lot of matches from bwin, which I will eventually upload to megaupload as usual Smile

I will record the round of 32 singles matches later today and round of 16 tomorrow, but I won't be home to rip the quarterfinals Cry.

Could any of you guys possibly do the "ripping" tomorrow, so we will get to see all the quarters? Smile

I'll be happy to help with instructions if necessary. 

Edited by Stef - 08/20/2010 at 7:27am
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 11:12am
For some reasons I cannot download women's matches from itTV - the DL stops at around 70% and dies... tried many times...

BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 11:29am
I just wanted to say: ITTF is really dropping the ball on video coverage of the China Open this year! Why they're holding on to those old Swedish Elite Leage and VW Cup matches from months ago is beyond me. Free up some server space and post up more matches. All the matches I've wanted to see thus far haven't been posted Cry
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 12:18pm
Wang Hao is serving like Liu Guoliang now ! Cool !!!
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

Wang Hao is serving like Liu Guoliang now ! Cool !!!

How do you mean?

Is he doing that tricky bh side serve?
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 1:28pm
Where can the matches be watch live? Maybe CCTV 5? Can somebody give me a link where I can watch the matches on live? 

In ittf it is written that they are on 13:00 and 13:45. What time is it? The chinese or... ?
Member of the Wang Hao Ownss fan club :).
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 1:34pm

?

Feng Tianwei is not just world class, she's #2 in the world. Zheng Jiaqi beat some good players in the qualification.

Kamal Sharath is 2700+ USATT, and he is #39 in the world. That's world class.

naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

I just wanted to say: ITTF is really dropping the ball on video coverage of the China Open this year! Why they're holding on to those old Swedish Elite Leage and VW Cup matches from months ago is beyond me. Free up some server space and post up more matches. All the matches I've wanted to see thus far haven't been posted Cry

I totally agree. How can they post 4 singles matches from the 1st round and only 2 from the 2nd round. What kind of logic was used for that? By the way, I want to thank all the uploaders/rippers, I really appreciate the effort.
who no know go know
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 2:36pm
Few good matches on treat tomorrow..
Ma Lin vs Chen Qi. Let's see if Chen can produce like he does in the local league. I think Ma will win, but I am going to root for Chen anyway. Like the way he bombs just about everything.. LOL
Xu Xin vs Ovtcharov. Rising stars in their continent respectively, going with XX on  this one.
Boll vs Ryu. It will be pretty tough for Ryu to beat Boll, but this is the time for Ryu. Boll is not at his best at this moment. Go Ryu..

Edited by dragon kid - 08/20/2010 at 2:37pm
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
kentyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kentyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

?

Feng Tianwei is not just world class, she's #2 in the world. Zheng Jiaqi beat some good players in the qualification.

Kamal Sharath is 2700+ USATT, and he is #39 in the world. That's world class.

Ok, I'm not sure why this is becoming a debate and trying to define the term world class..
I never said she is bad or anything. I think she is great that's why I want to see if I can download her game against Feng Tianwei.

amateur was using this particular match to talk about the difference between USATT rating 2550 and world class so I went ahead and just use that term.. maybe he just need to be more specific and say "#2 in the world".

anyways, this is a thread about China Open so let's not ruin it.

I'm still waiting for Zeng Jiaqi's match for download if its available. Thanks in advance!!

TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 4:18pm
When is ittv going to stream LIVE?

Tonight's matches starts 11:30PM EST  with women's singles? Will it be live?!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quakerroatmeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 4:28pm
Do they just pick what they want to upload onto the website/stream live? I wish there were more matches posted up there.
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 4:36pm

Round of 64:

Kim Chol Jin (PRK) - Kaii Yoshida (JPN)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JN54U3G3

Wu Chih-Chi (TPE) - Seo Hyun Deok (KOR)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SK6QRN6Y

Janos Jakab (HUN) - Bastian Steger (GER)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UL6S3TPU

Round of 32:

Kenta Matsudaira (JPN) - Chuang Chih-Yuan (TPE)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q52ZOOG8

Paul Drinkhall (ENG) - Chen Qi (CHN)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6YAZOP8Z

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic