Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 05 fx vs tenergy 64

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Javeeto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javeeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05 fx vs tenergy 64
    Posted: 08/28/2010 at 1:23am
I`d like to read a comparison between them, cause I would like to try t05 fx, since I want a softer rubber than T64, but don't lose speed or spin. Can anyone tell me something in terms of spin, speed, feel and so?
H2
T64
Stiga V1
Sponsored Links

ashkan_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashkan_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2010 at 3:18am
I never liked T64, but almost loved T05...
I just tried T05 fx and really liked it... lighter than T05... better bat angle for loops than T64 but as nice feeling and clicks the best amongst all other tenegies...
go for it, i'd say...

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2010 at 6:35pm
tenergy 05 fx should have never been made.  
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2010 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

+1 
 I'm hook after tried it.
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2010 at 9:06am
Originally posted by sadius sadius wrote:

Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

+1 
 I'm hook after tried it.

shouldn't that be 

-1? not +1

ahhh I see you wish it wasn't made because you like it so much.  I hated it.  Still have a red sheet barely used more than a few hours.  I will probably give it another try in the future, but for now would rather use almost anything else.

Kind of stupid that I believe the order of the release is the order of how good they are.

05 64 25 05fx
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2010 at 9:33am
Other than sometimes requiring too much effort, I think it's quite a good rubber. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2011 at 6:46pm
bump

I am a total Newb. Come at me!
joanet261 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joanet261 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 9:51am
In prefer the 05 fx to the 64 as a backhand rubber, 'cause being a little more soft it allows me to control the ball a little bit more with the wrist. For the forehand it isn't as good in my opinion, 'cause you loose a lot of speed against the 05 or the 64. So, my advice, try it for the backhand, but not if it's ment for the forehand
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 9:54am
When looping 05 fx isnt slow at all but when you hit you'll feel that the fx sponge is much much slower.
t64 is much faster than 05 fx expecially if you hit/block a lot.
But if you're a pure brusher like timo than its good...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Cho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:11am
Which is better for driving? I have 05, and I wanted to try 64, but I didn't want to pay $74 on a rubber and find I don't like it.
Jpen: Senkoh-1 w. Xiom Vega Pro
SH: Expert All+ w. TG3 Neo & Illumina
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:23am
depends on your style. When looping if you brush more than hiting than 05 is better, it has high throw angle.
t64 is flatter.  Still very very spinny but if you dont hit-block there is no reason for you to try t64.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:36am
Am an SP user on my backhand but i have a  set up with both smooth rubbers. I hate tenergy 05 and tenergy 64 because i play close to the table and it seems too much  bounce and speed for me i could not really block it well but with tenergy 05 fx i really like the way it touch and control the ball i can easily manipulate my block.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 1:30pm
I use T05 FX TBS on FH and find it has a bit higher throw than than regualar T05. Overall easier to play with than the regular version with spin slightly less than the regular. Drive punch isn't as nice as the regular but ball feel is better. Acuda S1 is a better bang for the buck and easily matches T05 FX. Subjective I know, it just boiles down to what fits your game best.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Cho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

depends on your style. When looping if you brush more than hiting than 05 is better, it has high throw angle.
t64 is flatter.  Still very very spinny but if you dont hit-block there is no reason for you to try t64.
I usually drive through the ball, unless I'm trying to deal with a back spin chop, which is when I brush the ball with a heavy loop. Edit: So from the sounds of it, I should switch to the 64.

Edited by Cho! - 06/02/2011 at 1:39pm
Jpen: Senkoh-1 w. Xiom Vega Pro
SH: Expert All+ w. TG3 Neo & Illumina
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2011 at 10:19pm
Fella of mine and me have been testing and comparing both rubbers for quite some time (on M Maze) and I am pretty sure that 05fx is unbeatable when it comes to control and easiness of use. T64 throws the ball a bit further making it more difficult to play against, it's lower throw is obvious,it is faster and it is a bit more spinny as well
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic